Football
Sponsored by

UMHB announces after investigation into NCAA Violations, the NCAA Committee

5,962 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Thee University
Dia del DougO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Malbec said:

PartyBear said:

It is ridiculous but it is also pretty dumb for Fredenberg to have done.
It's beyond ridiculous. This is non-scholarship football. Make them play on the road for two playoff games that they would otherwise be hosting. Seed them 9th instead of 1st. Let their first four opponents pick one player from the team to be suspended for that game. Suspend the head coach for a few games. Give them a reasonable punishment.
Naw, just give the opposing team each week use of a 2006 Subaru during game week.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
DanaDane
Stefano DiMera said:

That was the exact violation in our first basketball scandal. Jim Haller paid for John Wheeler to go back home for a funeral.

Didn't also arrange for a loan or made
payments on Wheeler's hoopty?
Grizz Air
Honestly, I think the NCAA just did this because they have the word "Baylor" in their name
2022 Adopt-a-Bear: Mark Milton #3 CB
Yogi
UMHB's response to the NCAA:

"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Thee University
PartyBear said:

Recall before we did that, we were poised to be in national title contention a couple years out from the 15 season.

Really? I don't recall this. Without a defense and without special teams and without discipline?

We couldn't even win the Big 12 without help much less our big boy bowl games.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Eball
I am speechless...this is crazy...as someone said how any of us can truly be confident in the NCAA going light on us in terms of punishment just got blown out of the water...you know to me the main problem with the NCAA is the randomness of the rulings...just seems to be totally random...I would much rather be in a forum where the Judge was consistent and I could anticipate and prepare for what was coming one way or the other.
drahthaar
Dear NCAA:

On your way to screw over UMHB, please explain in full your management of Kansas BB and Coach Self.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

Recall before we did that, we were poised to be in national title contention a couple years out from the 15 season.

Really? I don't recall this. Without a defense and without special teams and without discipline?

Let me jog your memory. Back in the first year of the College Football Playoff in 2014, Baylor was the #5 team and the first team out. Ohio State leap frogged us and got the last playoff spot and ended up winning the national championship that year. Look forward to the day when Baylor once again can sniff a national championship.

I don't blame you for not remembering. It seems like a long time ago!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Thee University
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

Let me jog your memory. Back in the first year of the College Football Playoff in 2014, Baylor was the #5 team and the first team out. Ohio State leap frogged us and got the last playoff spot and ended up winning the national championship that year. Look forward to the day when Baylor once again can sniff a national championship.

Oh I remember.

That was the year a 7-6 West Virginia team bent us over a log to the tune of 21-47. A 7-6 team.

We were not getting in my friend. We were limping in to finish the season while TCU was getting stronger each week. The bowl games confirmed as much.

We were sniffing a Golden Corral buffet telling ourselves it was Crescent City Steaks.

When you let a 7-6 team of hillbillies dawg-drill you during a year the Big 12 was down and your PR disaster head coach is talking trash about playing SMU, NWState & Buffalo you are sniffing glue my pecan-cracking friend.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Timbear
Winning the Big 12 is winning the Big 12. Period. There's no * beside that Championship in the record book. Thee just needs to try to make himself stay relevant.
BaylorRocks
Since a 2006 Subura clearly seems to be considered a competitive advantage by the NCAA, I expect to see one parked on the Baylor sideline Saturday afternoon. But PLEASE keep the doors locked and the players out of it!

No, sorry but I don't have one to donate to the cause.

Sic'em
Thee University
Timbear said:

Winning the Big 12 is winning the Big 12. Period. There's no * beside that Championship in the record book. Thee just needs to try to make himself stay relevant.
I've not even started to "stay relevant". I don't need to.

I agree though deep down. We won the Championship on a year the SWC was down. But we did it without losing a conference game.

I suppose I was "relevant" for 4 years and then went on down the road without looking back. I do, however, defend those teams I was fortunate to be a part of. They were a couple of the best BU ever fielded. Proud to have been a part of them.

There may or may not be a * in the Big 12 record books. All I know is TCU sports the exact same trophy. CO-Champs is still good. Damn that 7-6 WVU squad!!!!!
Osodecentx
Thee University said:

Timbear said:

I've not even started to "stay relevant". I don't need to.

I agree though deep down. We won the Championship on a year the SWC was down. But we did it without losing a conference game.

I suppose I was "relevant" for 4 years and then went on down the road without looking back. I do, however, defend those teams I was fortunate to be a part of. They were a couple of the best BU ever fielded. Proud to have been a part of them.

There may or may not be a * in the Big 12 record books. All I know is TCU sports the exact same trophy. CO-Champs is still good. Damn that 7-6 WVU squad!!!!!
I was and am proud of that team. It was a great time to be a Bear. I have never said anything derogatory about that team or Teaff and never will.

Your comments regarding another Baylor team that won two conference championships should be beneath you, but aren't.
Thee University
Osodecentx said:

Your comments regarding another Baylor team that won two conference championships should be beneath you, but aren't.
I suppose I could sugar-coat that comment but the fact remains............lost to a 7-6 conference foe, Co-Champs and I am constantly being baited about losing to Alabama (perhaps the most storied program in NCAA history 1 year removed from a National Championship) and lowly San Jose State.

I enjoy the banter and do not take away from the kids. The kids were collectively one of the best offenses ever assembled. The coaching gap hamstrung those teams!
robby44
This is totally ridiculous
When I was a player my car was in the shop. I had to go to stadium early for treatment and fortunately got a fellow classmate to give me a ride out there.
Coach Pete told me that they weren't really allowed to give us a ride across the street.

Good for California passing that law. This pimp ho thing NCAA has set up is ridiculous
I'm sorry this happened to Coach Pete. He doesn't deserve this nonsense
RegentCoverup
When I was a student, I told no less than three college coaches if a player needed help of any kind they could contact me. No reasonable request denied. No cars. No drugs. No hookups.

But transportation, food money, or clothing was fair game. I helped a small handful of athletes get by. No one profited. Kill that idea. My POS car was a loaner. Most of the people helped were really just friends.

And I held a job at a university(not Baylor) that was once purely the domain of athletes who were on a payroll but never showed up to work.

Baylor, is probably one of the most ethical programs in college sports, anyone that wants to argue that needs to be able to explain the long list of things I know about other programs.

Believe me when I say it's time to ditch the NCAA. We are talking about decades of the same thing over and over..
BaylorRocks
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

When I was a student, I told no less than three college coaches if a player needed help of any kind they could contact me. No reasonable request denied. No cars. No drugs. No hookups.

But transportation, food money, or clothing was fair game. I helped a small handful of athletes get by. No one profited. Kill that idea. My POS car was a loaner. Most of the people helped were really just friends.

And I held a job at a university(not Baylor) that was once purely the domain of athletes who were on a payroll but never showed up to work.

Baylor, is probably one of the most ethical programs in college sports, anyone that wants to argue that needs to be able to explain the long list of things I know about other programs.

Believe me when I say it's time to ditch the NCAA. We are talking about decades of the same thing over and over..
Ditch for what?
xiledinok
Unfortunately, it's a violation.

Umhb, don't worry. They only remember what happened on the field. Your coach had good intentions and showed character giving the kid an old beater to help get him through school.
Lion82
Probably going to regret posting this but there is no reason not to give the 2015 team its due. Losing at West Virginia is easy to do.

And speaking of the glory days..... the '79 and '80 teams were some of Teaff's best....but the combined 75-2 beating Alabama put on them in those two years shows where they were on a national level. Then you've got the loss to San Jose State that is probably the most inexcusable loss in the history of Baylor football followed closely by the loss to Lamar the next year.

Plenty of agony to go around if you are a longtime Baylor football fan.
WNIT in '23
oldbear69
Timbear said:

...and back to back...thee is a paddy sniffer deluxe..
Thee University
oldbear69 said:

Timbear said:

I smell 6-0 coming right at you.

I smell DEFENSE!

I smell Special Teams.

I smell offense.

I smell DISCIPLINE!!!!!!!!!!!

Osodecentx
Thee University said:

Osodecentx said:

I suppose I could sugar-coat that comment but the fact remains............lost to a 7-6 conference foe, Co-Champs and I am constantly being baited about losing to Alabama (perhaps the most storied program in NCAA history 1 year removed from a National Championship) and lowly San Jose State.

I enjoy the banter and do not take away from the kids. The kids were collectively one of the best offenses ever assembled. The coaching gap hamstrung those teams!
Not by me. Losses happen in football. You played on a great team under a great coach

You denigrate the accomplishment of the players by kicking dirt on one of the best teams in Baylor history
Thee University
Thee University said:

oldbear69 said:

Timbear said:

I smell 6-0 coming right at you.

I smell DEFENSE!

I smell Special Teams.

I smell offense.

I smell DISCIPLINE!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you smell it?

Did you feel it?
JXL
Thee University said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

Oh I remember.

That was the year a 7-6 West Virginia team bent us over a log to the tune of 21-47. A 7-6 team.

We were not getting in my friend. We were limping in to finish the season while TCU was getting stronger each week. The bowl games confirmed as much.

We were sniffing a Golden Corral buffet telling ourselves it was Crescent City Steaks.

When you let a 7-6 team of hillbillies dawg-drill you during a year the Big 12 was down and your PR disaster head coach is talking trash about playing SMU, NWState & Buffalo you are sniffing glue my pecan-cracking friend.

Ohio State lost by two touchdowns to a 7-6 Virginia Tech team.

Our resume was better than theirs. They got in based on their name. Pure and simple.
Thee University
JXL said:

Our resume was better than theirs. They got in based on their name. Pure and simple.
Our resume was better than theirs? Are you kidding me?

That Ohio State team beat the Michigan State team in East Lansing that beat us and did so by 2 TDs.
That Ohio State team beat Penn State at Beaver Stadium
That Ohio State team beat Michigan.
That Ohio State team beat #11 Wisconsin 59-0 in the Big 10 Championship game.
That Ohio State team beat #1 Alabama in New Orleans.
That Ohio State team beat #3 Oregon by 3 TDs in the first playoff game.

The pure and simple point you did successfully make is that Ohio State, Alabama, Clemson, OU, UT and other bluebloods will ALWAYS get in over a lifetime .500 team that whips up on Stephen Fs, Incarnate Words, Buffalos, Northwestern States, Lamar, Wofford, Sam Houston and Abilene Christians.

Osodecentx
Thee University said:

JXL said:

That Ohio State team beat the Michigan State team in East Lansing that beat us and did so by 2 TDs.

The pure and simple point you did successfully make is that Ohio State, Alabama, Clemson, OU, UT and other bluebloods will ALWAYS get in over a lifetime .500 team that whips up on Stephen Fs, Incarnate Words, Buffalos, Northwestern States, Lamar, Wofford, Sam Houston and Abilene Christians.
Again you denigrate our Big 12 championship teams and diminish the accomplishments of the players
Thee University
Osodecentx said:

Thee University said:

JXL said:

Again you denigrate our Big 12 championship teams and diminish the accomplishments of the players
BS!

Read it again. I stated F-A-C-T-S.

He/she said our resume was better than Ohio State. I listed FACTS that bludgeon that false statement.

He/she said that they got in on their name. Possibly influenced to some degree but the FACTS remain, Baylor was slip sliding away as the season progressed and Ohio State was getting stronger. As was TCU.

Those factual statements above do not denigrate the great accomplishments of the TEAM. The 2013 and 2014 teams were great. Some of the best Baylor teams ever and particularly on offense. The coaching staff and the way they hit on only 1 of the 4 foundations of winning football, were the problems that hamstrung us.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.