Football
Sponsored by

Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby had a pretty powerful statement about Matt Rhule on S

6,704 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by JXL
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Great Baylor Merchandise -> https://bit.ly/2M8DuHk
jdrs
Great. When do we get our money back?
PartyBear
I thought they had already stopped the withholding.
RegentCoverup
Bowslby works for us. Not vice versa.

This is posturing by a politician that want to create the appearance he has authority.

I assure you, if the Governor of Texas picks up the phone and calls Bob Bowslby, Bob will say 'Yes, sir.'
LTbear
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

This is posturing by a politician that want to create the appearance he has authority.

I assure you, if the Governor of Texas picks up the phone and calls Bob Bowslby, Bob will say 'Yes, sir.'
Nothing about that said "I have authority." It sounded like a sincere compliment.
SIC EM 94
Buck Fowlsby and his sorry ass!
BUbackerinET
THIS!
BUbackerinET
THIS TOO!
BUbackerinET
He will stick it to us, the first chance he gets - especially if it involves an issue with UT or OU
RegentCoverup
LTbear said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Nothing about that said "I have authority." It sounded like a sincere compliment.
it creates the perception that he 'blesses' coaches. It's not his position to pass judgement good or bad. That's the point. If I go public saying that I think my boss is a good dude, he/she knows I want a raise
And I'm sure he doesn't get it. But this is what a politician does to get in the door.

He needs to be silent as to his opinion on anyone in the league. This is the same snake that sucked $2 million out of our bank account. The ONLY thing I want to hear this SOB say is "We're sending you back the money we withheld."

Baylor3216
gobears20 said:

Whoa!!!! "It's easy to forget the Women's Villeyball team is #1 in the nation"

What an insensitive, sexist statement from Bowlsby

He should apologize immediately. What is this? 1955???
Grizz Air
Title IX his a rse!
2022 Adopt-a-Bear: Mark Milton #3 CB
chukronos
This is the Matt Rhule difference. He is well liked and respected by our conference and people in the media. A stark difference to what we were used to. Glad he is here.
MilliVanilli
chukronos said:

This is the Matt Rhule difference. He is well liked and respected by our conference and people in the media. A stark difference to what we were used to. Glad he is here.
Indeed, you can win with integrity.
Osodecentx
chukronos said:

Yeah, Bowlesby loves Baylor
BUbackerinET
It's Ballesby
LTbear
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

LTbear said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

it creates the perception that he 'blesses' coaches. It's not his position to pass judgement good or bad. That's the point. If I go public saying that I think my boss is a good dude, he/she knows I want a raise
And I'm sure he doesn't get it. But this is what a politician does to get in the door.
Oh good lord. In that mindset there is literally no way for him to compliment Rhule without it getting your feathers ruffled. You're reading waaaaaaay too much into his comments.
DanaDane
Does this mean we won the Swimsuit competition or did we get the Congeniality award?
SMack
Bowlsby likes Rhule as long as he doesn't beat UT or OU. He likes Scott Drew as long he doesn't beat Kansas.
Timbear
Anyone saying good things about Baylor is a good thing.
Saddle Up!
Baylor3216 said:

gobears20 said:

Whoa!!!! "It's easy to forget the Women's Villeyball team is #1 in the nation"

What an insensitive, sexist statement from Bowlsby

He should apologize immediately. What is this? 1955???

Ridiculous.
RegentCoverup
LTbear said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

LTbear said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Oh good lord. In that mindset there is literally no way for him to compliment Rhule without it getting your feathers ruffled. You're reading waaaaaaay too much into his comments.
You're right, you probably don't care about money like i do.

All I know is if some mofo took $2 million of my money, the last thing hed be doing is giving speeches patting me on the head,

But hey if that's your thing bend over and take it anyway you want,
YoakDaddy
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

LTbear said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

LTbear said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

All I know is if some mofo took $2 million of my money, the last thing hed be doing is giving speeches patting me on the head,

$2M is just the penalty. Don't forget they've got more to return to us as long as we don't beat UT or OU in football until 2024.
Stranger
In that video, those gold hats look really outstanding. Why don't the Bears wear them to a game sometime?
I'm a Bearbacker
lakersfan34
I don't give a crap what Bowlsby says. His comments and actions in 2014 concerning Baylor and the playoffs crossed the line considering he negatively influenced a conversation with respect to a school he is paid to represent.

Furthermore, what has he done to improve the conference? Crappy TV slots, conference games related to online streaming which apparently failed during the game and poor officiating which is repeated year after year without any accountability.

OsoCoreyell
BUbackerinET said:

It's Ballesby

It's. Blowsme
LTbear
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

LTbear said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

LTbear said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

So indeed you can find no fault with what he said. Untwist your panties big boy.
ScottS
Show me the money
Sailor Bear
SIC EM 94 said:

Buck Fowlsby and his sorry ass!

Well, at least you're creative.
Aliceinbubbleland
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

But then the Governor of Oklahoma picks up the phone and says how much do I have to pay to trump Texas' "contribution"?
Johnny Bear
SMack said:

Bowlsby likes Rhule as long as he doesn't beat UT or OU. He likes Scott Drew as long he doesn't beat Kansas.
Bingo. And the same goes for most of the media in general. If Rhule ever "gets out of line" and starts doing things like establishing a solid Top 10 program that wins conference titles, look for another "scandal" to magically erupt.
JohnProctor
chukronos said:

That will continue to be true as long as he keeps losing to UT and OU.

(sorry, didn't see this had already been posted before I replied)
LTbear
I swear some of y'all believe in bigfoot, government cover-ups of alien activity, and that Mt Rushmore has a storehouse of secret Nazi gold.
Osodecentx
LTbear said:

I swear some of y'all believe in bigfoot, government cover-ups of alien activity, and that Mt Rushmore has a storehouse of secret Nazi gold.
I didn't know about the Nazi gold
Aliceinbubbleland
LTbear said:

I can't speak for anyone on here but myself but he is such as easy target for cover-ups and alien activity threats. He is just too easy a target for our bitterness.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.