Football
Sponsored by

What we are wearing tomorrow!

6,254 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Saddle Up!
OsoCoreyell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
trey3216 said:

BellCountyBear said:

trey3216 said:

BellCountyBear said:

Hopefully the pants will match the jersey. I hate you Nike.
They did last week. They did the other weeks.
Last week the pants were olive drab and the jerseys were white and the helmets were Baylor green. Guess you missed it.

I watched. I also saw pictures that showed otherwise. It was a camera lens/sun issue. Apparently you aren't aware of such things
That was a TV thing. Live they matched.
longtimebear
MilliVanilli said:

bear2be2 said:

Friscobear said:

PartyBear said:

If the uni is correct in the video we are still minimizing the new gold through half a season now and on Homecoming.

Not sure why you're so obsessed with this. They will break out the gold eventually.
Because he's the resident tinfoil hat-wearing conspiracy theorist.

We're winning in the all green unis. You'll likely see the team in those and Matt Rhule in his smock until that ends.
We have a few, though he at least isn't a Mount Vernon troll.
Oh my GOD! Will you ever give it a rest?
MilliVanilli
longtimebear said:

MilliVanilli said:

bear2be2 said:

Friscobear said:

PartyBear said:

If the uni is correct in the video we are still minimizing the new gold through half a season now and on Homecoming.

Not sure why you're so obsessed with this. They will break out the gold eventually.

We're winning in the all green unis. You'll likely see the team in those and Matt Rhule in his smock until that ends.
We have a few, though he at least isn't a Mount Vernon troll.
Oh my GOD! Will you ever give it a rest?
The real question is when will you?
BUmoneymaker
Call me a negative nancy but am just not a fan of these colors.

Looks like the greenbaylor packer bears.

I miss gold. It beats mustard chaddar yellow all day long.

Hopefully someone with power makes the call to change the scheme later. That said lets keep winning in the interim.

"I hope" -Red

"Apply yourself" -W.White

"Guys, who is Keyser Soze?" - K. Soze

"Tea. Earl Grey. Hot." -J.L. Picard
Friscobear
BUGWBBear said:

Ah...the sun-faded green pickle outfit for the 600th time....
Or, you know, the fourth time.
“At the end of the day, for 40 minutes, we just kicked their ass.”

- Mark Vital
LTbear
Friscobear said:

BUGWBBear said:

Ah...the sun-faded green pickle outfit for the 600th time....
Or, you know, the fourth time.
kevinwood
My wife and I are going in green and gold painted birthday suits

trey3216
OsoCoreyell said:

trey3216 said:

BellCountyBear said:

trey3216 said:

BellCountyBear said:

Last week the pants were olive drab and the jerseys were white and the helmets were Baylor green. Guess you missed it.

I watched. I also saw pictures that showed otherwise. It was a camera lens/sun issue. Apparently you aren't aware of such things
That was a TV thing. Live they matched.

So they film it with a tv or a camera?
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Sampi82
Who gives a flying ****?

BellCountyBear
trey3216 said:

BellCountyBear said:

trey3216 said:

BellCountyBear said:

contrario
DubDub said:

Gotta love conflicting bear logos on the same helmet...

So much for "United".

This marketing department truly has no clue that they are doing...
You must be a miserable human
PartyBear
bear2be2 said:

Friscobear said:

PartyBear said:

So ........I state an actual fact we are 6 games in and still haven't worn hardly any new gold and that statement of actual fact is "tin foil hat" talk.

Then you advance the idea we wear only all green because it along with Rhules' smock causes us to win until it doesn't anymore..Hmm......ok....lol
BearlyBeloved
What the well-dressed Baylor man wears:

Saddle Up!
Sampi82 said:

Who gives a flying ****?

I do, Sampi. I realize that I'm probably in the minority, and all the stereotypes that go with that, but the sailor bear is in no way unique to Baylor:

" In the 1950s when college football was truly regional, and few fans saw logos for teams outside their region a former Disney employee named Arthur Evans visited colleges across the country, offering to draw logos for them. One of them was Sailor Bear which he created not just for Baylor, but for almost any school that had a Bear mascot. (He did the same with other animals; for instance, this tiger, used by LSU, Auburn, Missouri and others.) This 1952 pennant is the first known appearance of Baylor's version of this bear."

Here's a more detailed link to all the different schools he did the exact same thing for, including UCLA, Texas, Rice, Miami, and a ton more:

http://nicschultz.com/the-mad-hatter-logos/

So it's in no way a unique Baylor mascot version, and letting the outside Disney guy have creative control, as just one of his many versions at other schools, has a striking resemblance to turning our uniform branding and design over to Nike.

On the other hand, there is one tradition that would honor nearly 85 years of the nearly 100 years our football team has worn a helmet, from leather in the '20's and '30's, to the 21st century, and that's "Old Gold with a green stripe, and the mandated interlocking BU has been present on the majority of those years. Here's the link with the chronology of our helmet history:

http://swchelmets.tripod.com/baylor.html

Sorry if this angers you, but many of us have been invested in this university, and only this university, for generations and decades, and feel marginalized and disrespected by the pursuit of dandelions and marigolds, spearheaded by a president who attended OSU, and a chief marketing officer who introduced the "one brand " concept at A&M. Just one man's minority opinion. Flame away.
LTbear
Saddle Up! said:

Sampi82 said:

Who gives a flying ****?

... and feel marginalized and disrespected by the pursuit of dandelions and marigolds, spearheaded by a president who attended OSU, and a chief marketing officer who introduced the "one brand " concept at A&M. Just one man's minority opinion. Flame away.

I'll flame away. Grow up and shut the **** up. You feel "marginalized and disrespected" by what a college football team wears? This is such an incredibly out of touch, myopic statement that is a slap to the face of all the people in this country who actually are marginalized in meaningful, life-altering ways. But God forbid a football team not wear the what you like best. Holy *****
PartyBear
It appears UCLA had an identical sailor bear substituting green with blue and the other version of sailor bear (front faced) is shared with Cal.

The Disney connection explains the almost copied Donald Duck for Oregon and the Big Bad Wolf for UNM and NCST.
LTbear
PartyBear said:

It appears UCLA had an identical sailor bear substituting green with blue and the other version of sailor bear (front faced) is shared with Cal.

The Disney connection explains the almost copied Donald Duck for Oregon and the Big Bad Wolf for UNM and NCST.

Actually the Oregon thing is a bit different - they specifically have a legit agreement with Disney to use an exact Donald copy as their mascot. Can't remember how it came about. Real Donald never rode motorcycles though.
PartyBear
Thank God the Disney guy didn't duplicate Brer Bear in sailor cap for us LOL.
Saddle Up!
LTbear said:

Saddle Up! said:

Sampi82 said:

Who gives a flying ****?

... and feel marginalized and disrespected by the pursuit of dandelions and marigolds, spearheaded by a president who attended OSU, and a chief marketing officer who introduced the "one brand " concept at A&M. Just one man's minority opinion. Flame away.

I'll flame away. Grow up and shut the **** up. You feel "marginalized and disrespected" by what a college football team wears? This is such an incredibly out of touch, myopic statement that is a slap to the face of all the people in this country who actually are marginalized in meaningful, life-altering ways. But God forbid a football team not wear the what you like best. Holy *****

You condescending, virtue-signaling gas bag. This is a Baylor board, created to discuss Baylor related topics and issues. You don't know me. You have no idea what my values, core beliefs, or social, political, and spiritual ideals are, and you never will. So don't come at me with this straw man attack that my use of those words, in the context of this topic, reveals that I have no idea of, or sensitivity to people who feel "marginalized in meaningful, life-altering ways."

This discussion and those weightier matters are not mutually exclusive, and critically thinking, mature, and complex individuals can comprehend and care about a myriad of topics and issues, all the while appropriately prioritizing the importance of each one in the larger scope of life, and communicating without marginalizing or attacking someone who disagrees.
bear2be2
PartyBear said:

bear2be2 said:

Friscobear said:

PartyBear said:

So ........I state an actual fact we are 6 games in and still haven't worn hardly any new gold and that statement of actual fact is "tin foil hat" talk.

Then you advance the idea we wear only all green because it along with Rhules' smock causes us to win until it doesn't anymore..Hmm......ok....lol

I didn't say it causes us to win, doofus. I said we're unlikely to change our home uniforms until we stop winning. Matt Rhule talks often about not changing anything when you're winning and offered an illustration last week that would suggest that includes game-day attire.
trey3216
Saddle Up! said:

Sampi82 said:

Who gives a flying ****?

I do, Sampi. I realize that I'm probably in the minority, and all the stereotypes that go with that, but the sailor bear is in no way unique to Baylor:

" In the 1950s when college football was truly regional, and few fans saw logos for teams outside their region a former Disney employee named Arthur Evans visited colleges across the country, offering to draw logos for them. One of them was Sailor Bear which he created not just for Baylor, but for almost any school that had a Bear mascot. (He did the same with other animals; for instance, this tiger, used by LSU, Auburn, Missouri and others.) This 1952 pennant is the first known appearance of Baylor's version of this bear."

Here's a more detailed link to all the different schools he did the exact same thing for, including UCLA, Texas, Rice, Miami, and a ton more:

So it's in no way a unique Baylor mascot version, and letting the outside Disney guy have creative control, as just one of his many versions at other schools, has a striking resemblance to turning our uniform branding and design over to Nike.

On the other hand, there is one tradition that would honor nearly 85 years of the nearly 100 years our football team has worn a helmet, from leather in the '20's and '30's, to the 21st century, and that's "Old Gold with a green stripe, and the mandated interlocking BU has been present on the majority of those years. Here's the link with the chronology of our helmet history:

Sorry if this angers you, but many of us have been invested in this university, and only this university, for generations and decades, and feel marginalized and disrespected by the pursuit of dandelions and marigolds, spearheaded by a president who attended OSU, and a chief marketing officer who introduced the "one brand " concept at A&M. Just one man's minority opinion. Flame away.

Is your name Lola?
Saddle Up!
trey3216 said:

Saddle Up! said:

Sampi82 said:

Who gives a flying ****?

Is your name Lola?

Have you and all your buddies who get a group rate on your hair cuts convinced yourselves that your T level goes up with such witty, articulate, and intellectually stunning posts?

Helpful hint: You forgot to include the old man yelling at the cloud gif. That'll up your game to the next level.
trey3216
Saddle Up! said:

trey3216 said:

Saddle Up! said:

Sampi82 said:

Who gives a flying ****?

Is your name Lola?

Have you and all your buddies who get a group rate on your hair cuts convinced yourselves that your T level goes up with such witty, articulate, and intellectually stunning posts?

Helpful hint: You forgot to include the old man yelling at the cloud gif. That'll up your game to the next level.

Poor wittle baby got him's feelings hurt
Saddle Up!
trey3216 said:

Saddle Up! said:

trey3216 said:

Saddle Up! said:

Sampi82 said:

Who gives a flying ****?

Is your name Lola?

Poor wittle baby got him's feelings hurt

Nope. Again, top shelf junior high retort.
OsoCoreyell
Saddle Up! said:

Sampi82 said:

Who gives a flying ****?

This is where your friends are supposed to step in and keep you from writing things like this.
Saddle Up!
OsoCoreyell said:

Saddle Up! said:

Sampi82 said:

Who gives a flying ****?

This is where your friends are supposed to step in and keep you from writing things like this.

Thanks for your concern, Oso. I'll be okay.

Sic'Em!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.