Football
Sponsored by

SOON...

2,441 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by historian
Self Made Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearlySober
We'll be rocking the car?
Self Made Bear
Couldn't find a bear attacking a pizza delivery man, so that's the best I got.
historian
It's a metaphor: we'll be rocking the joint--meaning McLane Stadium, aka The Palace.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
BaylorRocks
"Joint"? Please refrain from drug references.

Sic'em
EatMoreSalmon
Malbec
BUbackerinET
Good call!
historian

This has nothing to do anything here. But it's a bear on a green motorcycle, the one guy has a yellow jacket, and the bear holds one paw up--almost like he's saying, "Sic 'em"!
Grizz Air
historian said:

This has nothing to do anything here. But it's a bear on a green motorcycle, the one guy has a yellow jacket, and the bear holds one paw up--almost like he's saying, "Sic 'em"!

That bear was totally doing a sic em and that was the best YouTube vid I've ever seen.
2022 Adopt-a-Bear: Mark Milton #3 CB
longtimebear
historian said:

It's a metaphor: we'll be rocking the joint--meaning McLane Stadium, aka The Palace.
aka The House that Briles Built.
BellCountyBear
longtimebear said:

historian said:

Love him or hate him, this is true.
OsoCoreyell
BellCountyBear said:

longtimebear said:

historian said:

The house that Drayton EFF'ing McLane built (that is his actual middle name).
BellCountyBear
OsoCoreyell said:

BellCountyBear said:

longtimebear said:

historian said:

The house that Drayton EFF'ing McLane built (that is his actual middle name).
Without the success under Briles, McLane et al. would have never ponied up. Surely you get this, Shirley?
BearlyBeloved
historian said:

They should be in our Homecoming Parade!

What's Russian for "Sic 'em, Bears!"?
PartyBear
You should ask on the R&P board. It is a Russian bot board.
BearlyBeloved
According to Google, the translation for Sic 'em Bears into Russian seems to be:

[url=https://imgbb.com/][/url]
historian
Yeah, but how is it pronounced and would anyone who hasn't studied Russian know that this was any of the words spoken. I seriously doubt it.

I'll have to ask my brother. He actually studied Russian at Baylor for a couple years. See if he remembers enough.
MilliVanilli
longtimebear said:

historian said:

Baylor is 6-0 and bowl eligible for the second straight year, on an 8 game win streak that includes a bowl win, and Caber High trolls still think they're relevant and don't look ridiculous.

It's called McClane Stadium for a reason, he built it, his money is the reason it exists.

historian
McLane was a vocal supporter of CAB. And neither he, nor anyone else, would have given millions for a new stadium if the team was not winning big. The decision was made after the 2011 OU game. One official told another, "That pass just cost us $260 million" after RGIII threw that 34 yarder to Terrance Williams. Beating OU for the first time, winning the Heisman, having a 10 win season (& eventually 4), & going to bowl games in 2 consecutive years (& ultimately 7) were special accomplishments that no other Baylor coach in history had ever done (CGT did have 10 wins in 1980). And Briles was just beginning: two 11-win seasons (or 93% if you prefer), back2back Big 12 titles, etc. But these accomplishments were after the decision was made.

McLane Stadium truly is the House that Art Built because he made it possible. It wasn't the BOR & it wasn't McLane operating in a vacuum.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.