Football
Sponsored by

1st time since 2016

2,147 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by historian
Stan Mikita
How long do you want to ignore this user?
6-0.

Sic'em! Bring on Oklahoma State!
EvilTroyAndAbed
Let's hope that's the only similarity to 2016.
Johnny Bear
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Let's hope that's the only similarity to 2016.
Amen.
whitetrash
Our 5th 6-0 start in 7 seasons.

On the ESPN scroll this morning, they said Wisconsin was looking to go 6-0 for the 6th time in the last 100 seasons.
historian
ESPN shared some pretty amazing stats & posted them on another thread:

https://sicem365.com/forums/2/topics/53565
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
MilliVanilli
whitetrash said:

On the ESPN scroll this morning, they said Wisconsin was looking to go 6-0 for the 6th time in the last 100 seasons.
4th, but it's great that we are rolling again.

2013, 2015,2016, 2019 were are 6-0 starts.

2014 we started 5-0, lost to WVU in week six.

Bobby Tables
MilliVanilli said:

whitetrash said:

We won 61-58 to get to 6-0 in 2014.
MilliVanilli
Bobby Tables said:

MilliVanilli said:

whitetrash said:

We won 61-58 to get to 6-0 in 2014.
Ah true, I miscalculated in my head.

In any event great to be undefeated at the halfway point again.

This won't be 2016, I'm confident of that, I'm hoping it's much more akin to 2013, where we started 9-0.
historian
Even if we lose in Stillwater, by no means a foregone conclusion, then we will probably still beat WVU & Kansas. That's 8 wins in regular season! I also truly believe we have a shot at TCU & Texas.

Imagine this: CMR may very well repeat at Baylor what he did at Temple--10 wins in year 3! That's amazing. If he does, EVERYONE will be knocking on his door! If and when that happens, he will politely tells them that Waco is his home.
longtimebear
historian said:

Even if we lose in Stillwater, by no means a foregone conclusion, then we will probably still beat WVU & Kansas. That's 8 wins in regular season! I also truly believe we have a shot at TCU & Texas.

Imagine this: CMR may very well repeat at Baylor what he did at Temple--10 wins in year 3! That's amazing. If he does, EVERYONE will be knocking on his door! If and when that happens, he will politely tells them that Waco is his home.
This decade has not been kind to us when we've gone to Stillwater. I don't see it any differently this trip. But I agree, wins over West Va., Kansas, TCU and Texas aren't out of the question.

Having said all that....Clay Johnston is the wild card in our defensive future. He is such a vital part of our D. Makes me very worried.
Baylor3216
longtimebear said:

historian said:

This decade has not been kind to us when we've gone to Stillwater. I don't see it any differently this trip. But I agree, wins over West Va., Kansas, TCU and Texas aren't out of the question.

Having said all that....Clay Johnston is the wild card in our defensive future. He is such a vital part of our D. Makes me very worried.

He's out for the season
historian
If we are lucky, the rest of the D will step up, be inspired by Clay's tenacity and accomplishments, and do great things anyway. He is one of the key players in our defense & this is a painful loss for the season. We should keep him in our prayers.
Jack Bauer
In 2016, we were 6-0 and 8th in the nation before losing the next 6.
historian
Jack Bauer said:

In 2016, we were 6-0 and 8th in the nation before losing the next 6.
True. And this happened with the fake "scandal" nonsense escalating like crazy and our own BOR trying to undermine the program for some unknown reason--certainly nothing justified by the facts that have so far come to light 3 years later.

I don't think anyone seriously expects that to happen again. Maybe some of the BOR members/flunkies on these boards secretly wish for it, but if they are honest they don't expect it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.