Football
Sponsored by

How was the turnout?

4,591 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Redbrickbear
CutTheTVoff
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How was the turnout today? Did it look full? Was it loud?
EvilTroyAndAbed
Announced of over 47,000.
PartyBear
47262 it is what was announced. I thought McLane's capacity was 45k. What is capacity?
the_flying_taco
PartyBear said:

47262 it is what was announced. I thought McLane's capacity was 45k. What is capacity?
I think it was seats only, people in concourse inflate the number capable.
PartyBear
They sell tickets to stand in concourses?
dickies002
PartyBear said:

He probably meant the berm.
MilliVanilli
It was loud and spirited in the fourth and both overtimes
BearlyBeloved
I am glad we have grass covering our berm.

I'd hate a dirt berm which would mean we depend on Berm-ie Sanders for fans.
the_flying_taco
dickies002 said:

PartyBear said:

He probably meant the berm.
Yes, looked good on TV, student section looked absolutely packed.
hodedofome
I was there and it was full. Good crowd.
Self Made Bear
It was a good crowd, but nowhere near 47k. Started and ended loud. I'd say about 25% of the crowd left at half.
Heisman25g
Self Made Bear said:

It was a good crowd, but nowhere near 47k. Started and ended loud. I'd say about 25% of the crowd left at half.

Lol
BUmoneymaker
Weather wise it was one of the most perfect days for fb ever. So good to see such a vibrant tailgate and HC atmosphere this weekend. We had a blast but didnt have game tix so i watched on phone et al

"I hope" -Red

"Apply yourself" -W.White

"Guys, who is Keyser Soze?" - K. Soze

"Tea. Earl Grey. Hot." -J.L. Picard
Jorkel
Was a pretty good crowd..not sure there were 47k good. I feel like the first year the stadium was open it was always pretty packed...today didn't appear to stack up.
historian

“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
MilliVanilli
Jorkel said:

Was a pretty good crowd..not sure there were 47k good. I feel like the first year the stadium was open it was always pretty packed...today didn't appear to stack up.
People are slowly coming back. After a 6-0 start you can expect the rest of the home games to be rocking.

WVU, OU, and UT.
Stefano DiMera
We need to turn Amon Carter into McClane North
Wineguy89
Self Made Bear said:

Bad take....3 choices here for you.

1) you're blind (and deaf)
2) you're a liar posting cynical crap because...well, it's this lay of this particular board
3) all of the above

90% of the crowd was there at the end. Check the traffic afterwards.......oh wait....you left early didn't you?
MilliVanilli
Wineguy89 said:

Self Made Bear said:

Bad take....3 choices here for you.

1) you're blind (and deaf)
2) you're a liar posting cynical crap because...well, it's this lay of this particular board
3) all of the above

90% of the crowd was there at the end. Check the traffic afterwards.......oh wait....you left early didn't you?
It was every bit as loud as the 2014 TCU game in OT.
Self Made Bear
I was there until we sang the Alma mater. Didn't leave my seat the entire game except to go to the bathroom. From my seat I watched a steady stream of people walk across the bridge during the second half. My voice is hoarse this morning from yelling the entire game.
When we started the game the crowd was yelling during every defensive play, during the middle of the game when our offense was sputtering, not so much. The last quarter and a half and during OTs crowd was loud, bordering on "raucous".
That's my take, you have a different one. Good for you..
BaylorBen2010
Being on Thursday and Halloween will hurt attendance for West Virginia
D. C. Bear
CutTheTVoff said:

How was the turnout today? Did it look full? Was it loud?
It was a great turnout, it looked full and it was very loud.
chukronos
3rd level above the endzone wasn't full. But other than that, not a bad crowd. Was loud during the 4th - which was fun. Wish it was loud the whole time.
Gotta find a way to get opposing fans in spots that don't amplify their chants! Tech fans were loud in the 4th.
Heisman25g
Self Made Bear said:

I was there until we sang the Alma mater. Didn't leave my seat the entire game except to go to the bathroom. From my seat I watched a steady stream of people walk across the bridge during the second half. My voice is hoarse this morning from yelling the entire game.
When we started the game the crowd was yelling during every defensive play, during the middle of the game when our offense was sputtering, not so much. The last quarter and a half and during OTs crowd was loud, bordering on "raucous".

Saying 25% of the stadium left makes you a liar
MrGolfguy
Stefano DiMera said:

We need to turn Amon Carter into McClane North
I'd be satisfied with just McLane North.
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
Wichitabear
Did Tech bring a crowd? Like huge?
BU82EX
Unfortunately the credibility of your post is greatly damaged by the "25% left at halftime" observation. Not even close. Great crowd and great energy and great to see students stay till the end.
historian
Heisman25g said:

Self Made Bear said:

He did not say that. No number is in the quote.

I didn't notice many people leaving. I was too busy watching the game. No doubt some left to beat the traffic but the crowd was still large and raucous at the end.
PartyBear
I could have sworn we have said officially since construction the stadium capacity is 45k including the berm. What is capacity? As great a crowd as it was, I have seen bigger feeling crowds at McLane. ( I also realize attendance really probably means tickets sold even if some don't show). I'm curious what is the maximum number of tickets we now sell for a game? Again I could have sworn we used to say 45k.
McCavebear
You mustve had a stroke or something. Nowhere near that many people left at the half except for restroom or concessions. The stadium was crowded.
McCavebear Lives!
historian
Yesterday, I saw somewhere (official BU announcement?) that the Berm is for overflow and not counted. The official announcement at the game was 47+ and they announced that it was the 3rd largest crowd in McLane Stadium history. I suspect the TCU & K State games in 2014 were the top 2. I think it was also announced (maybe in another thread?) that they were selling SRO tickets for the concourses. With all that, I can see how they could have 47k at a game.

Official capacity is 45,140 (IIRC).
EvilTroyAndAbed
historian said:

Heisman25g said:

Self Made Bear said:

He did not say that. No number is in the quote.

I didn't notice many people leaving. I was too busy watching the game. No doubt some left to beat the traffic but the crowd was still large and raucous at the end.
Read the entire thread

Quote:

Heisman25g
Self Made Bear said:

Here you go historian. Here's his specific number and here's where he loses all credibility
historian
Who has time to read most of these threads in their entirety--especially since they often include too much mindless drivel?

And I don't think it was 25%. I took photos of the crowd and it was not very different at the end compared to the beginning (unless everyone above me left--doubtful).
JumboShrimper
I recall the '15 Ou game had an announced crowd of 49k. This year's Ut and Ou games could come close to that.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.