Football
Sponsored by

How was the turnout?

4,587 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Redbrickbear
Bexar Pitts
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks, Historian...I got some erroneous information...My Bad! Sic 'Em
historian
Baylor does not allow reentry. Once you leave McLane, you don't go back in unless you buy another ticket.

Now, if you say 25% left their seats during halftime & were not all back there when the third quarter began then I will conclude the number is small: a lot more people probably went to concessions, restroom, etc.

I double checked my photos from 4th quarter and there is no way that the crowd was only 75% of what it was at the beginning. As already stated, it was Homecoming and there were a lot of people in town to watch the game.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
historian
I found this photo from the end of the game:

This should put to rest any doubts that we had a good crowd Saturday for the entire game.
Wichitabear
I never doubted it
McCavebear
The crowd at Baylor's McLane stadium was fabulous. So much so that it was a factor in the close OT win:

" I made the decision to either play into the scoreboard where the speakers are or play into the band and the bowl. I played into the band and the bowl to start the first overtime, which means I trusted the fans. The fans were loud, they were there. We had just scored there. I thought the fans were awesome. "

-- Coach Matt Rhule immediately after the game

(As reported by Bears Illustrated)

After the game, the entire team ran in front of the line for high fives, then the Band.
McCavebear Lives!
historian
In the UTSA game, the team greeted the few members of the Baylor Line who had stuck out the brutal heat throughout. It was a really cool gesture. Even better, now they do that after every home game. They even did that for the fans in Manhattan.

They may have started a new tradition & it's a great idea.
adambear
historian said:

The team greeted the few members of the Baylor Line who had stuck out the brutal heat throughout. It was a really cool gesture. Even better, now they do that after every home game. They even did that for the fans in Manhattan.

"Few members of the Baylor Line"? Look at the picture you posted yourself about 3 posts up.

historian
adambear said:

historian said:

In the UTSA game, the team greeted the few members of the Baylor Line who had stuck out the brutal heat throughout. It was a really cool gesture. Even better, now they do that after every home game. They even did that for the fans in Manhattan.

"Few members of the Baylor Line"? Look at the picture you posted yourself about 3 posts up.
I was talking about the UTSA game. By the time that one ended, the east side of the stadium was almost empty on all three levels.

My apologies. I thought I had made that clear in the initial post. My brain was thinking it but it did not translate on the keyboard. Fixed now. However, this last Saturday was beautiful weather. No Texan would call that "brutal heat."
Redbrickbear
Baylor: "were we constantly down play our fan support even we we sell out our stadium. And put 10,000 of our 14,000 undergrad students in the stands."

That would be like aggy putting 40,000 of their 55,000 total undergrads in kyle field.

Or Arizona state putting 60,000 of their 83,000 undergrads in sun devil stadium.

Both schools don't come anywhere close to that.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.