Football
Sponsored by

CLAY JOHNSTON

8,383 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Baylor187
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Both the DMN & the Waco paper have articles about Johnston injury and its impact but without specifics.

Clay is out for the year.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
xiledinok
historian said:

Both the DMN & the Waco paper have articles about Johnston injury and its impact but without specifics.

He's out for the year. Matt Jones will eventually play and you 'll realize he hasn't grown up around a bunch of girly men. He will be a stud with Clay and him studying together.
historian
Yes, Clay's out for the season. I should have added that detail in my original post.

Clay was all over the place, making lots of great plays. I told my friends to listen for his name because they would hear it all through the game. That's what he does. It would be wonderful for the team if Matt Jones can provide the same kind of production. That's easier said than done. Luckily, we have lots of great players that can help out.
GoldenBear007
Timing could not be worse heading into the Stillwater game. Prayers up for Clay for a speedy recovery. He has been an absolute BEAST this year.
historian
A trip down memory lane:

Even though that game was in the bag, I was really hoping he'd make it all the way for a pick six. Still, it was a great play early in his Baylor career.
Hotsauce
Terrible loss. Hoping he recovers quickly.

I think this takes us from a probable 9 (maybe 10) win team, to an 8 win team. I hope I'm wrong though.
gobears20
Staff
Great Baylor Merchandise -> https://bit.ly/2M8DuHk
Prairie_Bear
Any chance of a medical redshirt?
BaylorLit 01
I just about feel like we lost today. It's nice to get the win, but Clay Johnston makes our defense so much better. You can say "next man up", but we don't have another Clay Johnston on this roster.
historian
Does anyone?

Good news for us, is that we do have plenty of great players. Maybe none of them alone can do what Johnston did but if they all step up the effort then the team's productivity can rise.

This may explain much of the success of MBB a few months ago after Tristan Clark went out. He was the best player on the team (national leader in shooting percentage) and the team played very well the rest of the season, including a 6 game winning streak, big wins over Tech, Alabama, TCU, Oklahoma (twice), Iowa State, Texas, & Syracuse.
robby44
historian said:

Yes, Clay's out for the season. I should have added that detail in my original post.

Clay was all over the place, making lots of great plays. I told my friends to listen for his name because they would hear it all through the game. That's what he does. It would be wonderful for the team if Matt Jones can provide the same kind of production. That's easier said than done. Luckily, we have lots of great players that can help out.

I hope Jones can step up. However playing Mike backer is a tall order for a freshman. Let's hope he performs above and beyond expectations
Baylor187
https://www.wacotrib.com/sports/college/baylor/bears-lose-lb-clay-johnston-for-season/article_e7891b56-d444-57b1-8869-6aea881efeb0.html
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.