Football
Sponsored by

How does CMR do it?

3,387 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by xiledinok
BearlyBeloved
How long do you want to ignore this user?
38 times he's taken a lead into the 4th quarter.
All 38 times his team has won.
And it's not as though he's had Alabama-type advantage in talent.

Obviously it shows really good coaching. But the question is HOW?? What is it that he does?
hodedofome
Oklahoma drills
hitmanmw
He saves all their decent plays until the 2nd half?? That's two pathetic offensive first halves in a row.
vanillabryce
I really want to give most of the credit to the sleeveless, hooded smock. However, that's a recent phenomenon.

It's a truly remarkable statistic. I'd imagine part of it is recruiting QBs like CB12 who have the edge and toughness to shrug off three picks and still lead the team.
bear2be2
BearlyBeloved said:

Obviously it shows really good coaching. But the question is HOW?? What is it that he does?
He builds mentally tough teams that feel comfortable in close games. I wish we wouldn't keep some of these games as close as we do, but it's nice to always feel like you have a chance late in close ballgames, and to know that the team will never quit under any circumstances.
Timbear
Rhules O drives me crazy, but 6-0 is 6-0. Hope we can get healthy by W Va. Okla St looks tough right now.
BUmoneymaker
Making sure the team doesnt quit even though fans like me had the remote power button ready to press just out of frustration.

I learned not to hit it after 61 to 58 when petty threw the pick 6. Made the mistake of turning off the tv and throwing remote down to the floor. Calmed down and came back to the game with like 5 minutes left. Had to use the buttons on the back of the tv cause floors beat plastic remotes.

Now I watch till the end without question but golly have a few games this season been nuts

"I hope" -Red

"Apply yourself" -W.White

"Guys, who is Keyser Soze?" - K. Soze

"Tea. Earl Grey. Hot." -J.L. Picard
Grizz Air
Little Tykes basket.
2022 Adopt-a-Bear: Mark Milton #3 CB
BearlyBeloved
Grizz Air said:

Little Tykes basket.
Or maybe it's the ping-pong?
oldbear69
Smoke and mirrors ?
bear2be2
Timbear said:

Rhules O drives me crazy, but 6-0 is 6-0. Hope we can get healthy by W Va. Okla St looks tough right now.
Rhule's offense will look a lot better once we have a line that can consistently open holes in the run game. Unfortunately, we're still not there yet.
Bear8084
oldbear69 said:

Smoke and mirrors ?

Not even close.

6-0 and ranked. CMR is a good coach, it's too bad the minority on here still can't see it.
BellCountyBear
CMR is a good coach. I just wonder about the wisdom of a lot of the play selection on offense.
FWBear91
He's in cahoots with the development office. He gives us all heart attacks, thereby shortening our life spans and accelerating the dates of our charitable bequests. Baylor needs our money.
EvilTroyAndAbed
oldbear69 said:

Smoke and mirrors ?
You really can't stand him.
BUGWBBear
Grizz Air said:

Little Tykes basket.

Should have been pitched into the fire pit last night
oldbear69
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

oldbear69 said:

Smoke and mirrors ?
let's just say, he's growing on me but i like cholly more...
Stefano DiMera
Were you the moron in the game thread who said you were turning it off or leaving the bar when we were UP 17-13?!
vanillabryce
Stefano DiMera said:

Were you the moron in the game thread who said you were turning it off or leaving the bar when we were UP 17-13?!

Confirmed.
historian
Timbear said:

It's always been a tough one because it's in Stillwater. But they are beatable. I would not be surprised that the team performs as well as they did in Manhattan. Not necessarily the score (though, that would be nice), but in terms of overall effort.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
historian
I still think that CMR has the potential to be better than Briles--and that's saying a lot.

I know, by using that name I've triggered some BOR-flunky snowflakes. Some people just need to learn how to deal with it. Hopefully, they won't hijack this thread and waste space and everyone's time with their 12 year old antics.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Dia del DougO
Cardiac Charlie always keeps it interesting, sometimes in a bad way, mostly good, especially at the end.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
oldbear69
Stefano DiMera said:

Ok, I was over served and over reacted... forgive me Godfather..
MilliVanilli
oldbear69 said:

Smoke and mirrors ?
For your next trick, try to pretend to be a Baylor fan.
MilliVanilli
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

oldbear69 said:

Smoke and mirrors ?
Winning outside of Mount Vernon High School makes him nauseous.
kevinwood
BearlyBeloved said:

My sense is that a small but important part of it is that Rhule makes sensible game-time decisions, and secondly, he makes friends with the referees, chatting it up with them throughout the game and treating them with respect.

Also, the team believes in the coach and the system, and they persevere through the fatigue and give it the extra effort.
bear2be2
oldbear69 said:

Stefano DiMera said:

Ok, I was over served and over reacted... forgive me Godfather..

You just described your entire posting history.
Quinton
They're extremely physical and usually fairly disciplined on assignments. That typically keeps almost every game close outside of the Bama/Ohio St's of the world. We saw signs of this last year and the early games this season were the tell. This was going to be a pretty good football team from watching those games closely. We are almost too comfortable playing this grinding style and you can sense it. A bit more urgency might help gain some separation because no matter how prepped you won't win all of these last minute ballgames.

Now, are there a few modifications that could keep us from going to the wire against every decent team.. I think so. I believe we were primed to go up 11 on multiple occasions but Rhule and the OC are very deliberate about what they do. The qb and o line were struggling so that didn't help. The subbing in Gerry at the goal line and then bringing back Brewer into a 3rd down situation was a mistake. Wrong situation and a little too cute.

As another poster said, once a full seasoned O line is in place it will work very well. This staff's scouting seems to be on point and development is showing through well at almost every other position.
oldbear69
bear2be2 said:

Timbear said:

Rhule's offense will look a lot better once we have a line that can consistently open holes in the run game. Unfortunately, we're still not there yet.
thanks, captain obvious, how bout posting something we don't know...
bear2be2
oldbear69 said:

bear2be2 said:

Timbear said:

thanks, captain obvious, how bout posting something we don't know...

You obviously didn't know because you're attributing talent and depth issues to scheme.
xiledinok
MilliVanilli said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

oldbear69 said:

Smoke and mirrors ?
Winning outside of Mount Vernon High School makes him nauseous.

He has had a hard week.
Art's RV park player stuffing stunt clinched the fact the Cabers will never see him coach live football again on television. The Cabers will have to load up those sweat hog wives and girlfriends and haul them in the yellow dog buses to road trip to the hamlet.

Coach Matt Rhule has take a great challenge that many people wouldn't take and continues to build back a program built on a solid foundation. He isn't going to be the typical college booster jock sniffing fan's biggest favorite because he is about his team and his responsibilities.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.