Football
Sponsored by

Watch Texas Tech post game press conference

3,323 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by bear2be2
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Great Baylor Merchandise -> https://bit.ly/2M8DuHk
Self Made Bear
He's upset about the illegal snap call, but didn't belabor the point. Impressed by him, Tech will be a good team under Wells.
MommaBear
At least his wife if secretly doing the happy dance. She's a Baylor Alum!
Porteroso
It was a huge missed call, you really don't see it botched that badly almost ever. They might have won the game, who knows. If I were a Tech fan, I'd be pretty upset. I'll take the win, but wish it had been called the right way.

About the rest of the interview, the guy sounds great. He will do well for Tech.
Saddle Up!
Porteroso said:

It was a huge missed call, you really don't see it botched that badly almost ever. They might have won the game, who knows. If I were a Tech fan, I'd be pretty upset. I'll take the win, but wish it had been called the right way.

It goes both ways. Tech intentional grounding in their end zone, should've been a safety, with them free kicking to us. Bravion was blatantly held from behind when he broke free to pursue the QB, on the play where he was injured, right in front of the ref. No call.
hodedofome
Saddle Up! said:

Porteroso said:

It goes both ways. Tech intentional grounding in their end zone, should've been a safety, with them free kicking to us. Bravion was blatantly held from behind when he broke free to pursue the QB, on the play where he was injured, right in front of the ref. No call.

There was a lot of Tech OL holding throughout the game that wasn't called.
chukronos
Porteroso said:

It was a huge missed call, you really don't see it botched that badly almost ever.
I thought you were talking about the safety.

They call the safety correctly and the botched snap never exists.
LIB,MR BEARS
If the safety would have been called correctly, the game never goes to OT and the snap fumble/violation never happens.
bear2be2
Why would they mute the questions? There's no context to any of the answers and it's impossible to tell who or what he's taking about at times.
TTAY24
bear2be2 said:

Why would they mute the questions? There's no context to any of the answers and it's impossible to tell who or what he's taking about at times.
sounds like they're using some kind of threshold gate to cut out background noise. Unfortunately it cut out the actual questions..
longtimebear
You would think here in the year 2019 and after years and years of handling electronics somebody could set up any type of Q and A session with a coach with a bit more competency. SHHIIISH !
4th and Inches
Porteroso said:

About the rest of the interview, the guy sounds great. He will do well for Tech.
it wasnt botched except for calling an illegal snap instead of an illegal procedure- look at Ref signal. 52 moved before the ball. Play was dead before the snap. Refs got it mostly right. On the other hand, the Vasher TD in OT was clearly not a catch
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Dman
Horribly officiated game all the way around. Both teams had legitimate complaints.
BrutalBear
This is accurate. Tek picked his hand up off the ground before the the ball was snapped.
jdrs
Anyone know if there is a written transcript of the post game? I agree without the questions hard to know what he is talking about (for the most part). Sometimes with Rhule's I go read the transcript since I can't always hear the questions either. Seems like in this day and age, there would be a way to hear questions and answers clearly.
Ajax BU
I hate complaining about uncalled offensive holding, because it can be called on almost every play. But damn, they tackled our guys so many times and never got called for it.

Still, that intentional grounding call should have ended the game before OT. That was terrible.

The refs were terrible last night, in typical Big 12 fashion. Where do we get these guys? Pop Warner?
historian
jdrs said:

Anyone know if there is a written transcript of the post game? I agree without the questions hard to know what he is talking about (for the most part). Sometimes with Rhule's I go read the transcript since I can't always hear the questions either. Seems like in this day and age, there would be a way to hear questions and answers clearly.
It should be possible to do the appropriate search. I know there are copies of the transcript for our pressers. I can think of at least two different sources.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Porteroso
I don't know whether I agree about the intentional grounding or not. There was a receiver sort of in the area. That part is open to wild interpretation, and is called inconsistently.

What happened on the snap, is our center snapped the ball into his butt, which started the play, and Tech recovered it. That is simply the incorrect call, no interpretation comes into it.

I don't understand how this is even up for discussion, they botched that call. Sure, they could have called a safety, but they didn't. Don't play this game of "let's go backwards through time, call by call, to figure out where they made the first bad call or missed call, and declare the victim of that bad/missed call to be the winner of the game."

Tech should be outraged, rightly, and of course they are. Being a Baylor fan doesn't mean you need to ignore what your eyes saw.
4th and Inches
Porteroso said:

I don't know whether I agree about the intentional grounding or not. There was a receiver sort of in the area. That part is open to wild interpretation, and is called inconsistently.

What happened on the snap, is our center snapped the ball into his butt, which started the play, and Tech recovered it. That is simply the incorrect call, no interpretation comes into it.

I don't understand how this is even up for discussion, they botched that call. Sure, they could have called a safety, but they didn't. Don't play this game of "let's go backwards through time, call by call, to figure out where they made the first bad call or missed call, and declare the victim of that bad/missed call to be the winner of the game."

Tech should be outraged, rightly, and of course they are. Being a Baylor fan doesn't mean you need to ignore what your eyes saw.
dead ball foul... no fumble

Tech player picked up a dead ball, end of overblown non story
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Porteroso
Gruvin said:

dead ball foul... no fumble

Tech player picked up a dead ball, end of overblown non story
Blowing it dead was a mistake. They mistakenly thought the snap was something else, which it turns out it couldn't have possibly been. Our center snapped the ball into his butt cheek, and we were given a gift from the refs, who said it was an illegal snap. End of story.
bear2be2
Ajax BU said:

I hate complaining about uncalled offensive holding, because it can be called on almost every play. But damn, they tackled our guys so many times and never got called for it.

Still, that intentional grounding call should have ended the game before OT. That was terrible.

The refs were terrible last night, in typical Big 12 fashion. Where do we get these guys? Pop Warner?
It's probably a good thing they weren't calling holding yesterday. Bedier had a pretty egregious hold on Charlie's pass to Ebner out of the end zone on our game-tying drive. If that gets called, it's a safety and the game's essentially over.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.