Football
Sponsored by

Let put Briles, respectfully at rest.

2,833 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Porteroso
No Longer Gold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I Love what Briles did.

Respect the man, he needs deserved reverence.

IF Briles were still in Waco, I honestly believe BU would, at the very least, have been to the playoffs.

IF Briles were still in Waco, the strength of record would matter, and BU would be in the top 4 of the playoff ranking right now.

Briles is not in Waco.

What Rhule has done, is not build a program, he has kept a program going through the biggest sham and smear job in NCAA history.

That is remarkable!

For that, Rhule deserves AMAZING credit.

I am so glad he's at BU, and I'm of the opinion that he's not leaving.

Other than a women's soccer coach a few years back, BU has NEVER lost a coach to another program.

BU takes care of their own.

A(n) unique thing that BU can offer that no "Blue Blood" or NFL team can offer is LEGEND.

If Rhule takes the next step that Briles wasn't around long enough to enjoy, he will be a living legend in Waco.

What I once thought would someday be called the Briles Bay, may one day be called the Rhule River.

Where I once thought would be a Briles statue, may sit a Rhule statue.

If he goes to BB U, or NFL, its very rare he could EVER get the same reverence from the local fans.

Sic em Rhule!

But shave, get rid of the smock, and bring back the F'ING gold!
BoonDockSaint
The one thing to note is that IMO Rhules success is in no small part due to the foundation of greatness Art laid out

I dont believe we would be recruiting as well as we have without that beautiful stadium and years of badassness on the field

That being said this program is FULLY Rhules now and it has a much different feel to the games and wins but its still very exciting

If Rhule continues to have a high level of success here the league of big offenses and no defense will clearly begin to change and become more balanced

Good times ahead
Ursus Americanus
How on earth is this a topic with a 9-0 team with a real shot at the first 10-0 start in program history?

Good grief.
GoldenBear007
BoonDockSaint said:

The one thing to note is that IMO Rhules success is in no small part due to the foundation of greatness Art laid out

I dont believe we would be recruiting as well as we have without that beautiful stadium and years of badassness on the field

That being said this program is FULLY Rhules now and it has a much different feel to the games and wins but its still very exciting

If Rhule continues to have a high level of success here the league of big offenses and no defense will clearly begin to change and become more balanced

Good times ahead
Well said
MrGolfguy
DubDub said:

get rid of the smock
NEVER !!!
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
Timbear
Balance means keeping a great O, while adding a great D. Not giving up a great O in favor of a great D. LSU beat Ala after 8 years of defeat because they switched to the Spread while keeping their D. No CFP team only plays O in the 3rd and 4th Q like Rhule.
Booray
Timbear said:

Balance means keeping a great O, while adding a great D. Not giving up a great O in favor of a great D. LSU beat Ala after 8 years of defeat because they switched to the Spread while keeping their D. No CFP team only plays O in the 3rd and 4th Q like Rhule.
It isn't a strategy. We just are not that talented on the O-line yet, particularly when Galvin is out.

Stefano DiMera
Yawn..Rinse.Repeat.
Aliceinbubbleland
DubDub said:

***? I could sort of agree with everything you said and then you went full Baylor Bubble Snowflake.
xiledinok
Ursus Americanus said:

How on earth is this a topic with a 9-0 team with a real shot at the first 10-0 start in program history?

Good grief.

They don't know any better. The robe best get lubed up for that Saturday afternoon playoff game in front 1,000.
DanaDane
Wouldn't be a day at Sicem365 without the obligatory Art Briles thread, even though he's been gone 3 years.
xiledinok
Aliceinbubbleland said:

DubDub said:

***? I could sort of agree with everything you said and then you went full Baylor Bubble Snowflake.

Caber's last squeal before final irrelevance.

Tulsa and FSU are shutting down Caber operations here soon. FSU fans hit rock bottom watching players pour water on fill in coach after beating an average Boston College.
Reverend
Is OP Rip Van Winkle??
RegentCoverup
BoonDockSaint said:

Yeah, I can't imagine the advantage of trying to recruit to Mom's and Dad's after an OTL segment where they basically said the U covered up sexual assault.
Aliceinbubbleland
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

BoonDockSaint said:

Yeah, I can't imagine the advantage of trying to recruit to Mom's and Dad's after an OTL segment where they basically said the U covered up sexual assault.
I seriously doubt that had any disadvantage. I'm not trying to take away a single positive about Rhule. I like him. I'm just thinking you are comparing sorority drafts to football signings. They are 180 degrees apart. Kids want to play in the spotlight.
RegentCoverup
Ask a parent. I can assure you other schools mentioned it.
Ursus Americanus
Aliceinbubbleland said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

BoonDockSaint said:

I seriously doubt that had any disadvantage. I'm not trying to take away a single positive about Rhule. I like him. I'm just thinking you are comparing sorority drafts to football signings. They are 180 degrees apart. Kids want to play in the spotlight.
Not the kind of spotlight the program was under pre-Rhule.
BUGWBBear
Timbear said:

Yeah, but we need to play balls to the wall in the first half, too. Make a statement.
BUGWBBear
Ursus Americanus said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

BoonDockSaint said:

Nobody was bytchin when we beat OU two years in a row pre-Rhule.

With that said, let's do it again.
RegentCoverup
If this offense scores points in the first half, we will have the Land Thieves by the throat. The defense can hold OK.

The last two games have not been productive offensively, we need that to change.
Russell Gym
Lots of ignorance showing itself in this thread. My hat is off to those who tried to help.
Ursus Americanus
BUGWBBear said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

BoonDockSaint said:

Nobody was bytchin when we beat OU two years in a row pre-Rhule.

With that said, let's do it again.
Huh?

The negative spotlight had nothing to do with beating OU 5 years ago or this year.

BellCountyBear
DubDub said:

I Love what Briles did.

Respect the man, he needs deserved reverence.

IF Briles were still in Waco, I honestly believe BU would, at the very least, have been to the playoffs.

IF Briles were still in Waco, the strength of record would matter, and BU would be in the top 4 of the playoff ranking right now.

Briles is not in Waco.

What Rhule has done, is not build a program, he has kept a program going through the biggest sham and smear job in NCAA history.

That is remarkable!

For that, Rhule deserves AMAZING credit.

I am so glad he's at BU, and I'm of the opinion that he's not leaving.

Other than a women's soccer coach a few years back, BU has NEVER lost a coach to another program.

BU takes care of their own.

A(n) unique thing that BU can offer that no "Blue Blood" or NFL team can offer is LEGEND.

If Rhule takes the next step that Briles wasn't around long enough to enjoy, he will be a living legend in Waco.

What I once thought would someday be called the Briles Bay, may one day be called the Rhule River.

Where I once thought would be a Briles statue, may sit a Rhule statue.

If he goes to BB U, or NFL, its very rare he could EVER get the same reverence from the local fans.

Sic em Rhule!

What did you drink to get so drunk?
Grizz Air
Who?
2022 Adopt-a-Bear: Mark Milton #3 CB
Porteroso
Was this thread necessary? What did you hope to accomplish, posters just lining up to post "well golly gee, by the lightning of zeus you're right, I'll lay that topic to rest."
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.