Football
Sponsored by

ZENO===WOW!

6,372 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ursus Americanus
EvilTroyAndAbed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jorkel said:

Zeno is going to make GB transfer or change positions.
Night and day difference in arm talent and accuracy.
There is an absolute coldness in the way you guys discuss these kids.

If for some reason Bohanon did transfer, there would be a thread started about how he wasn't loyal to the program or he couldn't handle the spotlight or some other nonsense. But you're willing to throw them under the bus based off of a few series.
Jorkel
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Jorkel said:

There is an absolute coldness in the way you guys discuss these kids.

If for some reason Bohanon did transfer, there would be a thread started about how he wasn't loyal to the program or he couldn't handle the spotlight or some other nonsense. But you're willing to throw them under the bus based off of a few series.

I've never said anything negative about a player transferring or decommitting. It's their choice as humans and I always hope they succeed at whatever they do. I've also stated that I'd hope GB doesn't transfer if he doesn't win QB battle, which I don't think he ever will. I hope they find him another position to thrive in if he doesn't make it as a QB.
boognish_bear
CoachHBU2008
Compounding said:

CoachHBU2008 said:

Jorkel said:

By the way Platt pre knee surgery would have housed that wheel route. Overall, I'm proud of the guys. Showed some real grit. They have nothing to be ashamed of. I love this team. Look forward to the development of Zeno.
Couldn't believe he got run down but didn't think of that at the time. Think he would have made it had he angled. He had the whole width to angle in but Im sure he is not used to being tracked down.

Yup. He would have made it had he done that. But I don't think he felt the defender on him. I think he thought he had a touch as well. I was just hoping he wouldn't fumble the ball because I honestly thought he thought he was gone.
Dia del DougO
Interesting factoid. Though I'm not a big fan of the stat (or whatever it is), Bohanon had the best QBR of the three Baylor quarterbacks today, and he was the only one who rushed for a positive yardage total.

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Dia del DougO
I like how Zeno looks with what little we have seen so far. But you have to remember how little information we have on the reserve qbs. You can't judge by a few throws, a few plays, a few minutes. And they aren't going to be the same next season. They will be more experienced, more comfortable in the system, will have had a lot more serious reps, another spring camp, another fall camp, another year of training, etc. Nobody knows how much they will be improved by next fall. So lets tap the breaks on transfers and annointing starters and such.

We have some great material to work with. They'll get it figured out.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
PartyBear
Surely Nixon loves Zeno. Zeno makes him look like a top OC when he is in. So that would favor Zeno.
Dia del DougO
Basing Zeno's future on two completions is about like saying Mims sucks because he was held without a catch in today's game.
kevinwood
When you watch Zeno's HS film, he's very accurate.

He's also a decent runner, too, so he's a complete package.

On one pass, he threw the ball 50 yards for a completion as a junior.

He'll have the long ball threat which will stretch defenses.

I know we've only had a small sampling, but Gerry's 30 yard passes looked like ducks. That won't fly in the Big 12 as a QB. He could still be very valuable as a goal line QB and as a runner, etc
PartyBear
Zeno had poise and made smart decisions. Reminded me of true freshman RGIII. I like Bohanon as well. Don't take any of this as criticism of him being implied. I'm not criticizing him. Just a comment about Zeno.
Ursus Americanus
Dia del DougO said:

I like how Zeno looks with what little we have seen so far. But you have to remember how little information we have on the reserve qbs. You can't judge by a few throws, a few plays, a few minutes. And they aren't going to be the same next season. They will be more experienced, more comfortable in the system, will have had a lot more serious reps, another spring camp, another fall camp, another year of training, etc. Nobody knows how much they will be improved by next fall. So lets tap the breaks on transfers and annointing starters and such.

We have some great material to work with. They'll get it figured out.
Hot mic during the Rudy's coaches show caught Nixon gushing over Zeno to John Morris.

He's electric in practice, the team calls him "beast" apparently.

Bohanon is apparently very impressive at times too.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.