Football
Sponsored by

The story of hoodie smock must be told....

3,031 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by darren23
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Unfortunately, I don't have an account with the Athletic to get past their paywall so the origin story will remain a mystery for awhile longer for me....

Cracks me up that this fashion accessory is now in the national spotlight....

boognish_bear
Wish I'd known this before Thanksgiving....

historian
I was tempted to join temporarily for that & other articles.
CutTheTVoff
Are the green sleeves and hood sewn into the grey smock? Or are they separate?
boognish_bear
CutTheTVoff said:

whitetrash
boognish_bear said:

CutTheTVoff said:

Put some yellow reflective tape on that bad boy and you are all set to work the school crossing or highway median trash pickup.
BearlyBeloved
The answer is behind a paywall. My curiosity stopped there.
GreenBearrow
We should have done a #smockout. If the smock gets retired then we may miss our chance.
bear2be2
BearlyBeloved said:

This isn't meant as a dig at you so much as an observation. But why do people take enough pride in not paying for things to announce it to strangers? I see it often, particularly with subscription-based media.

I completely understand not valuing a product at the asking price or just deciding that the service is not for you. And I understand speaking out about a service if you believe it to be a poor product or a ripoff. But in the case of internet media, in particular, people seem to take offense that the content creator/curator would have the gall to charge for their content/service ... and it's really the only industry I can think of for which that's the case.

Sorry for the derail, I just find the idea of announcing that you won't be purchasing something odd.
bear2be2
GreenBearrow said:

We should have done a #smockout. If the smock gets retired then we may miss our chance.
Rock out with #smockout.
BearlyBeloved
bear2be2 said:

BearlyBeloved said:

This isn't meant as a dig at you so much as an observation. But why do people take enough pride in not paying for things to announce it to strangers? I see it often, particularly with subscription-based media.

I completely understand not valuing a product at the asking price or just deciding that the service is not for you. And I understand speaking out about a service if you believe it to be a poor product or a ripoff. But in the case of internet media, in particular, people seem to take offense that the content creator/curator would have the gall to charge for their content/service ... and it's really the only industry I can think of for which that's the case.

Sorry for the derail, I just find the idea of announcing that you won't be purchasing something odd.
I pay for many things. A lot. But when any of us make a post like this, I want information and not a teaser or an invitation to pay.
bear2be2
BearlyBeloved said:

bear2be2 said:

BearlyBeloved said:

I pay for many things. A lot. But when any of us make a post like this, I want information and not a teaser or an invitation to pay.
Fair enough. And I could have misread your post, the intent of which may simply have been to inform others that they would hit a paywall when clicking the link.

I've just seen a lot of people who seem offended by the concept of a paywall as though information that costs money to collect and competently disseminate isn't a commodity like any other. There's no other industry I can think of where an expectation exists among consumers that they shouldn't have to pay for the product at hand.
Chamberman
From Rhule's Wikipedia page:

Quote:

The Baylor Bears under Rhule's leadership, finished the 2019 regular season 11-1, and a berth into the Big 12 Championship game against Oklahoma. Rhule wore the same Nike hooded smock vest during each game of the 2019 season, which many fans believe contributed to Baylor's mojo that season. Some fans, including Mark Seymour of the Baylor fan podcast and website OurDailyBears, refer to the hooded vest as a "voodie," and point out that "The functional superiority of the voodie, a driving force behind Baylor's success, is readily apparent.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
EvilTroyAndAbed
BearlyBeloved said:

bear2be2 said:

BearlyBeloved said:

So you want someone to do their job for you for free. Good to know.
darren23
Sorry for the format, I can't figure out a better way to post this on a phone.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ofqwWAfzTgZj9RJ28
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.