Football
Sponsored by

Dec 3rd CFP Ranking- BU ranked #7

32,001 Views | 104 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by historian
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Whoop....there it is....what a hell of a year this has been....sic'em!

Studio analyst talking very highly about Baylor and our chances for the CFP if we beat Oklahoma.

Kansas State did not make it in
historian
Much higher than I expected! WOW!

This seems to indicate that if we win Saturday, we will be in the playoffs. Totally unexpected!

WOW!
Jack Bauer
All these guys can do is talk about Utah vs OU. Let's keep shocking the country!!
Illinois Bear
And yet Herbstreit being Herbstreit.
DanaDane
We are a team of DESTINY! We are gonna beat OU on Saturday and finish #5, matching our 2014 finish!
LTbear
Surprised KSU didn't make it.
gobears20
Staff
boognish_bear
Jack Bauer said:

All these guys can do is talk about Utah vs OU. Let's keep shocking the country!!

The other guys seem complimentary of Baylor...Herbie was the one that talked about Oklahoma and Utah like Baylor wasn't involved

Herbie feels like BU "slides in" if Utah loses
DST
"Clemson is in no matter what"

I could not disagree with this crap more. If they can't beat 8-4 Virginia on a neutral field, with their complete lack of resume, they should not be getting a shot against Ohio State or LSU on a neutral field.
DST
ESPN: "Utah has a better loss than OU"

No they don't. Losing at HOME to 8-4 #22 USC is a wash to losing on the ROAD to 8-4 UR Kansas State.
boognish_bear
Galloway thinks OU or BU can possibly get in even if Utah wins depending on how the B12 looks.

David Pollack said BU is really trending up with the way BU "smashed" Texas and handled KU. He said it seems like OU has leveled off.

Dropping KSU out is a bit of a hit to BU and even OU as they were saying Utah has a better loss than OU since USC is ranked.

Ukbb2003
Can't stand Herbie. Doesn't even acknowledge that we have a chance.
gobears20
Staff
Still don't understand them not bringing up that everybody in the Big 12 plays everybody and Baylor and Oklahoma play twice. The Pac 12 is not a very good conference. They just have a lot of teams and most teams are average or below average.

Having OSU at 25 is a great plus for us and OU.
boognish_bear
DST said:

ESPN: "Utah has a better loss than OU"

No they don't. Losing at HOME to 8-4 #22 USC is a wash to losing on the ROAD to 8-4 UR Kansas State.

Agree. KSU has better wins than USC...plus KSU picked up a non-con win over Miss St while USC lost to BYU in non-con
gobears20
Staff
I know it sounds crazy but I think Georgia has a chance against LSU. It will be basically a home game.
RedBear05
I figured we'd be #7, but I really thought they were going to bump Oklahoma ahead of Utah after a win over a ranked OSU.

This love for Utah makes very little sense. Utah's loss looks better than OU's but Utah does not have a single quality win.

Sic'em Bears! and Go Ducks!
DanaDane
Man, if we hadn't p issed all over ourselves in the 2nd half and held on to beat OU, we would undoubtedly be sitting there at #5 controlling our own destiny.
Dman
gobears20 said:

I know it sounds crazy but I think Georgia has a chance against LSU. It will be basically a home game.

This would kill our chances and get both LSU and Georgia into the payoffs.
wuzzybear
boognish_bear said:

Galloway thinks OU or BU can possibly get in even if Utah wins depending on how the B12 looks.

David Pollack said BU is really trending up with the way BU "smashed" Texas and handled KU. He said it seems like OU has leveled off.

Dropping KSU out is a bit of a hit to BU and even OU as they were saying Utah has a better loss than OU since USC is ranked.

Disagree about OU. They are playing as well as they did to start the year. D is creating TO's...the one thing they had not done most of the year. But their D is vulnerable. Our O MUST keep OU off the field as much as possible. OU will try just like in Waco to dominate TOP because their best chance vs. our D is to do what they did and that is just wear us down. I'd sure feel a lot better if Clay was still playing. He may be the one guy at this level that we will look back on and say IF ONLY.

However, if we just throw caution to the wind and play like madmen we'll be fine and have a better chance to win than if we get worried about being down 2 scores or something. All I will say is just make Hurts as far out of his comfort zone as possible. Snow has got this. Just hope Nixon follows suit.
Dman
They've positioned us in striking distance. A convincing win will make it impossible to ignore and we jump into 4...or they risk making a mockery of their own criteria's. Our 1 loss will be to a better team. Our wins will be against better opponents.

A close game/win gives them wiggle room.
BearlyConscious
Illinois Bear said:

He actually said if Baylor wins and Georgia loses, he thinks Baylor slides into the 4 spot.
LTbear
RedBear05 said:

I figured we'd be #7, but I really thought they were going to bump Oklahoma ahead of Utah after a win over a ranked OSU.

This love for Utah makes very little sense. Utah's loss looks better than OU's but Utah does not have a single quality win.

I think it's largely that Utah has been smashing people. OU needed a huge comeback to win against us and barely survived against ISU and TCU (with some ref help against TCU).
DanaDane
The argument for Utah not beating anyone beat being "dominant" as the reason they are #5 is kind of ironic since it was the exact opposite argument they used against us in 2014 when they said the scoring margin and dominance didn't matter.
LTbear
DanaDane said:

The argument for Utah not beating anyone beat being "dominant" as the reason they are #5 is kind of ironic since it was the exact opposite argument they used against us in 2014 when they said the scoring margin and dominance didn't matter.
They've openly acknowledged that game control is factored in this year, while saying straight-up margin of victory isn't.
Jack Bauer
Go Ducks, Bears and LSU (and Virginia).
boognish_bear
BearlyConscious said:

Illinois Bear said:

He actually said if Baylor wins and Georgia loses, he thinks Baylor slides into the 4 spot.

That was qualified with Utah losing also
DanaDane
LTbear said:

DanaDane said:

They've openly acknowledged that game control is factored in this year, while saying straight-up margin of victory isn't.
And yet have never been able to define "game control" just like they can't define "eye test". In other words, it's their way of being able to pick the team they want to pick.
Jack Bauer
If we had played and beaten Ole Miss instead of SFA, would we be ahead of Utah??
LTbear
DanaDane said:

LTbear said:

DanaDane said:

And yet have never been able to define "game control" just like they can't define "eye test". In other words, it's their way of being able to pick the team they want to pick.
Wearing your tin foil I see
JustWinBears
I'm thankful they aren't hyping up Baylor as much, it's a nice chip on the shoulder.
boognish_bear
JustWinBears said:

I'm thankful they aren't hyping up Baylor as much, it's a nice chip on the shoulder.

To me they gave Baylor more love in the studio talk than I was expecting

I missed hearing Mullens at the end though
Quinton
LTbear said:

Surprised KSU didn't make it.
K state should have been in.
JustWinBears
boognish_bear said:

JustWinBears said:

To me they gave Baylor more love in the studio talk than I was expecting

I missed hearing Mullens at the end though

They definitely did, which is good as it shows there's a chance. Though the commissioner sang glowing praise of Utah about their whole season, where as he just talked up about Baylor getting hot recently. Baylor is clearly in the mix in that room, but it's going to take a close Utah win and a big Baylor win to pass Utah if they beat Oregon.
Jacques Strap
Let's win the Big 12 and see what happens!
Quinton
RedBear05 said:

Utah has played well but Im confident they would have two losses with our regular season schedule. OU and one of Tex/TCU/Iowa St/K State/ Ok State. They drop one of those five game Im fairly certain of that but need Oregon to win outright or controversial win. If we roll (unlikely as OU is a good team) then I think it will be a razor thin decision. If OU beats us handily I think they slip in assuming GA loses to LSU. Texas / K state / Ok State / Iowa St are all better than AZ St / Cal / Wash St.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.