Football
Sponsored by

Can Oregon beat Utah?

7,118 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Dia del DougO
atomicblast
How long do you want to ignore this user?

I dont watch PAC 12 football because its always on so late but how are the Ducks? They were last trendy in 2016 right? That TCU win really did drop their stock.
CoachHBU2008
I've seen 3 Duck games. Including the loss to ASU. I'll be honest. Utah plays great defense. I can see them handling the Ducks and look pretty impressive doing it.

It all comes down to Herbert the quarterback. When he is on, he is on. All the way on. He looks like the best qb in the country. But he has had some duds and hasn't looked awesome. Oregon is the more talented team. What I am hoping is that for one night they remember that they are Oregon and that Utah shouldn't be in there league. But helmets and history don't win games. Players do. Hopefully a trip to the Rose Bowl is more than enough motivation to show up and show out.
boognish_bear
atomicblast said:

I dont watch PAC 12 football because its always on so late but how are the Ducks? They were last trendy in 2016 right? That TCU win really did drop their stock.

The best common opponent they both played was USC.

Oregon beat USC 56-24 at USC. USC beat Utah.

Of course...somehow Oregon lost to Az St which Utah didn't.

FWIW....the Vegas spread has Utah favored by 7 points. So according to Vegas odds Utah is the most likely upset of the P5 Title games this weekend.

Go Ducks!
PartyBear
Yes. That is a different question than "will they..." but the answer may still be yes.
BAYLOR IRISHMAN
Utah opened as 5.5-point favorite, and now sits at -6.5.
Shakesbear
I expect the Ducks to win this game. They are solid, with two losses by a combined 9 points: one to a highly ranked Auburn team at Jerryworld, and the other to a pesky ASU team on the road. Should be a fun game to watch
Retreat Hell! We just got here! The 2/5
Jack Bauer
BTW - Fowler and Herbstreit are calling the PAC12 game.

Baylor vs OU gets Sean McDonough and Todd Blackledge.
NW BEAR
Yes Oregon should win. They are the best team in the pac 12. Ive thought this all year. They will pull away late
Win by 2 TD's
DanaDane
Game won't even be remotely close. Utah will win by 17 or more.
william
'we live in a time of madness'. - ODB (Mar '91)

- KKM

{ sipping coffee }
Bayloruniversity
I think Utah will win with there really good defense.
BUBBFAN
Of course they can
Hotsauce
Not sure who this favors or if it matters, but the weather is supposed to be pretty bad for this game. Wet and windy.
Forest Bueller

Showers. Low around 54. Breezy, with a south wind 21 to 26 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

That is nasty nasty weather. Hope the ducks don't rely to much on downfield passes.

That is the kind of weather that alters games.
CHP Bear
Yes. I'm counting on it.
Jack Bauer
It's all about the O.

MommaBear
I'd put my money on Oregon. They are #13 with only 2 losses. They lost to Auburn by 6 and to Washington State by 3.

We need Oregon to win this one, so that's who I'm picking.
CTWallace
Jack Bauer said:

It's all about the O.

1, 3, 4, 2
Dia del DougO
If Utah doesn't choke on the big one this year it will be a first for them.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Big12Bear
I was at the Auburn-Oregon game that kicked off the year and was impressed with the Ducks. They got punked at the end, but looked every bit the part of a quality team - especially in the trenches against an upper echelon SEC team.

You generally don't think of Oregon playing much D, but they do have a very good defense this year. Their entire offensive line is stout and senior-laden too, which is one of the reasons Herbert came back for his Senior year.

I expect Oregon to win because they have the better team overall and are more battle-tested. However, it looks like the weather conditions could turn this into a crapshoot.
RegentCoverup
Oregon is a joke.

Auburn played their worst and still won. They'd be the bottom 1/4 of the SEC.
4th and Inches
Bayloruniversity said:

I think Utah will win with there really good defense.
stats dont show them to be that great on defense... they struggle to get after the QB(low sacks and low TFL) and low INTs on the year. Their total opponent win loss record is the same as Baylors but they dont play a round robbin conference schedule... aka, they havent played anybody
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Stefano DiMera
CTWallace said:

Jack Bauer said:

It's all about the O.

1, 3, 4, 2

1 4 2 3
Stefano DiMera
CTWallace said:

Jack Bauer said:

It's all about the O.

1, 3, 4, 2

1 4 2 3
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
KIA
If Oregon wins, they go to the Rose Bowl and the PAC gets nobody in the CFP.

If Oregon loses, they go to the Rose Bowl and Utah has a good chance to be in the CFP.

ZERO motivation for the Ducks.

All the motivation in the world for the Utes and every fan of the PAC12. This one is a stone cold lock.
ABC BEAR
Jack Bauer said:

It's all about the O.

It's all about the Ohhhh.
ABC BEAR
Jack Bauer said:

It's all about the O.

It's all about the Ohhh.
KIA
Absolutely ZERO motivation for Oregon.

They go to the Rose Bowl win or lose.

Bet the mortgage on the Utes.
ABC BEAR
Jack Bauer said:

It's all about the O.

It's all about the OHHH
GrowlTowel
I guarantee 2 knows what she is doing better than the rest.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Aliceinbubbleland
This game is becoming irrelevant. Most believe if the favorites win out in the top four then UGA will drop out and a one loss Big 12 Champ trumps a one loss Pac 12 Champ because the winner of the Big 12 will have an additional win over a top 7 team. Utah will not. Bye Bye Utes.

The talking heads said the CFP Committee tipped their hand when they ranked OU and BU. 6th and 7th respectively. Winner gets a big boast in top 10 wins.
Forest Bueller
CTWallace said:

Jack Bauer said:

It's all about the O.

1, 3, 4, 2
At my age....

JustWinBears
Aliceinbubbleland said:

This game is becoming irrelevant. Most believe if the favorites win out in the top four then UGA will drop out and a one loss Big 12 Champ trumps a one loss Pac 12 Champ because the winner of the Big 12 will have an additional win over a top 7 team. Utah will not. Bye Bye Utes.

The talking heads said the CFP Committee tipped their hand when they ranked OU and BU. 6th and 7th respectively. Winner gets a big boast in top 10 wins.

I don't think that's set in stone. I'd the Utes destroy Oregon and Baylor or Oklahoma win a sloppy game I think they choose Utah.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.