Football
Sponsored by

How it all started

2,076 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by historian
LIB,MR BEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LIB,MR BEARS
A lot of people go into new jobs saying they will have these 3-5 things that will mark their work. Sometimes it is true and sometimes not. Three years later, it seems to be true for CMR
Thee University
I would have loved to have played for him. Not sure I could have made the team but this guy is a pied piper.

Best of all............................he stresses DEFENSE, offense & special teams all wrapped around discipline. As discussed here for several years.............a winning, Championship combination.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Johnny Bear
I recall the media praising him for being smart enough to get a long term contract because it was going to take every bit of it to even have a chance to get BU competitive again. And here we are at just the end of year three with a shot at a conference championship and a CFP spot.
LIB,MR BEARS
Johnny Bear said:

I recall the media praising him for being smart enough to get a long term contract because it was going to take every bit of it to even have a chance to get BU competitive again. And here we are at just the end of year three with a shot at a conference championship and a CFP spot.
LOL. How hard has Rhule made it on athletic directors and coaches by doing this in year 3. I think he has raised the bar for many others
Sailor Bear
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Johnny Bear said:

LOL. How hard has Rhule made it on athletic directors and coaches by doing this in year 3. I think he has raised the bar for many others
He at least raised some angry rich guy heads in Austin.
ImABearToo
This season still feels unreal. Hard to realize the Bears are in the championship game Saturday. A since of calm though since this team has far surpassed any and all expectations. On the one hand the season has flown by, on the other it feels like an eternity until this coming Saturday. Been a fun ride and glad there's two games left to further enjoy it all. Sic OU!
“Life is short, eat desert first!”
bear2be2
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Johnny Bear said:

By the same token, I hope Rhule's success has earned some patience and a fair grace period for other coaches with clear plans and strong track records of success in the past.
MommaBear
I was impressed with Coach Rhule from the moment I saw him in this introductory presser. Wasn't sure how quickly he would get Baylor back on track, but I liked him and trusted him. Looks like the players have also trusted the process with him.
TechDawgMc
Johnny Bear said:

Yep. He still, for all practical purposes, doesn't have a true senior class. And he had to start recruiting his juniors in December. Yet he's managed to put a heck of a team together. I'm very interested to see where we can be when he finally has five recruiting classes of his owm
LIB,MR BEARS
Today is the anniversary of this introduction where he said "We want to win championships".

TODAY, is that day.
GoldenBear007
Credit to Rhoades as well for buying in and giving Rhule the time and patience to work his magic. You gotta give coaches at least three years these days. I was definitely hard on Rhule that first year and early part of 2018, but was always hoping he'd prove me wrong. He's certainly done that and then some. He was able to translate the same Temple progression formula here as well.

Let's go beat OU today!!
historian
It is truly amazing what Rhule has done at Baylor--and that the trajectory mirrors very closely what he did at Temple. He is following God's path forward: humility, hard work, honesty, integrity. And he's not ashamed to say so. From Day 1, he keeps talking about how he thought God wanted him to be at Baylor. It's hard to argue with that based upon the results.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.