Football
Sponsored by

Only six players remain from #Baylor's 2016 recruiting class.

5,428 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by stillwaiting
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
ScottS
These guys stayed through a lot. Hats off to them. They are getting their reward now.
Ursus Americanus
These young men have so much heart and character that it overcame any of the flotsam and jetsam that ran away from that class.

Good riddance to Cobb, Dickinson, Duvernay, and JP U, they've only themselves to blame for what ended up happening to them.

Give me Mims, Arnold, Roy, Miller, Texada, and Atkinson over every single one of them, all day everyday.

BearBreath
Ursus Americanus said:

Good riddance to Cobb, Dickinson, Duvernay, and JP U, they've only themselves to blame for what ended up happening to them.
I wouldn't go so far as to say they've only themselves to blame. It was hard to fault a kid for leaving under the circumstances at the time.

It was, however, an amazing filter for the type of players who excel under Rhule. Those guys who stayed are exceptional. With the exception of Duvernay, who I will always wonder what might have been had he and Mims been lining up for us at the same time, there wasn't much success among the guys who left.
Jacques Strap
Some really really good players on that list that stayed
JustWinBears
Ursus Americanus said:

These young men have so much heart and character that it overcame any of the flotsam and jetsam that ran away from that class.

Give me Mims, Arnold, Roy, Miller, Texada, and Atkinson over every single one of them, all day everyday.

I think it would be different if the circumstances weren't what they were and the players had longer to weather the storm. However you can't fault those kids for making the business decisions they thought were right for them at the time. You only get a few years in this league to make an impact. Baylor at that time wasn't the shining beacon of hope in that regard. I'm happy for those players that stayed but don't think they didn't go through that same thought process those other players did, they just happen to decide staying put was the right path for them. Shine praise on those that stayed rather than throwing salt on those that didn't.
MaduroUTMB
Don't forget JaMycal Hasty. One of the very few 5* recruits to come our way and a stud both carrying the rock and blocking.
Ursus Americanus
JustWinBears said:

Ursus Americanus said:

I think it would be different if the circumstances weren't what they were and the players had longer to weather the storm. However you can't fault those kids for making the business decisions they thought were right for them at the time. You only get a few years in this league to make an impact. Baylor at that time wasn't the shining beacon of hope in that regard. I'm happy for those players that stayed but don't think they didn't go through that same thought process those other players did, they just happen to decide staying put was the right path for them. Shine praise on those that stayed rather than throwing salt on those that didn't.
Cobb was a criminal, Dickinson incapable of a collegiate course load, JP simply a bust, a number of them simply shouldn't have been on campus at all and it was actually addition by subtraction.

We kept the cream of the crop, many of those that defected would've been dismissed from the team.

Baylor3216
Whatever became of Brandon Bowen ?
EvilTroyAndAbed
Ursus Americanus said:

I don't know who Dickinson is, but Dickson is at Texas Southern and seems to be happy. So he has only himself to blame for being happy.
Ursus Americanus
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Ursus Americanus said:

I don't know who Dickinson is, but Dickson is at Texas Southern and seems to be happy. So he has only himself to blame for being happy.
A typo, glad he's happy. Couldn't handle college at Baylor or UH and was dismissed from the Cougars.

Baylor3216
MaduroUTMB said:

Don't forget JaMycal Hasty. One of the very few 5* recruits to come our way and a stud both carrying the rock and blocking.

5*?
chukronos
The immortal Six. True heroes. Men among boys.
57Bear
Baylor3216 said:

2019 shown as a junior on TCU roster

2018 | SOPHOMORE
Played in eight games totaled three tackles on the season ... had stops against Southern, Texas and West Virginia.

2017 | REDSHIRT FRESHMAN
Did not see action due to injury.

2016 | FRESHMAN
Played in three games before missing the remainder of the year with an injury.
DanaDane
Bowen has been as big of a bust as the rest of them, not including Duvernay. I have no ill feelings against any of them with the exception of the Urquidez papa and his equally oaf of a son who continually ran their mouth about Baylor instead of just walking away and quietly moving on to Austin.
Baylor3216
57Bear said:

Baylor3216 said:

2019 shown as a junior on TCU roster

2018 | SOPHOMORE
Played in eight games totaled three tackles on the season ... had stops against Southern, Texas and West Virginia.

2017 | REDSHIRT FRESHMAN
Did not see action due to injury.

2016 | FRESHMAN
Played in three games before missing the remainder of the year with an injury.

Didn't his uncle or dad play at tcu? Or was that a LB we were after in Briles last year?
NeuroticBear
Ursus Americanus said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Ursus Americanus said:

A typo, glad he's happy. Couldn't handle college at Baylor or UH and was dismissed from the Cougars.

Milli, you just love to dump on people, don't you?

You're a sad, pathetic human.

I hope you get professional help for your mental issues.
Ursus Americanus
NeuroticBear said:

Ursus Americanus said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Milli, you just love to dump on people, don't you?

You're a sad, pathetic human.

I hope you get professional help for your mental issues.
User name checks out, thinks everyone that doesn't think this is a Mount Vernon high school forum is this "milli" guy you've called four or five people now.

The mental issues seem to be reserved for a neurotic and overly sensitive message board poster that solicits attention without provocation as you do.

Glad to know you are on team Parrish Cobb, maybe you can share a cell with him one day.

You'll find him in the Ferguson Unit with murderers and child abusers: https://www.texastribune.org/library/data/texas-prisons/inmates/parrish-lee-cobb/1102002/

It's fascinating how cold hard agnostic facts trigger the precious little posse of trolls over here on the dumpster fire that STILL can't let go of their fantasies about the past.

EvilTroyAndAbed
Ursus Americanus said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Ursus Americanus said:

You're kind of an *******, aren't you?
Ursus Americanus
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Ursus Americanus said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Ursus Americanus said:

You're kind of a snowflake aren't you?

No one made you lose your crap over a former recruit that was an abject bust.

You did that all on your own.

EK bear
Some great players on the stay list and some great ones on the leave list.

Mims and Duvernay lined up together? Kam Martin and Hasty together? Another pair of senior offensive linemen on this team? Yeah I mean we'd all have taken them back.

But a credit to the coaching staff and players to finish the regular season 11-1 despite 2 depleted recruiting classes.
BEAR 45
Why is Clay Johnson not on this list ? Fifth year senior ?
Bayloruniversity
BEAR 45 said:

Why is Clay Johnson not on this list ? Fifth year senior ?

Yeah 2015...him and a handful of others were 2015
jdrs
Thankful for those that stayed. And how great that they are being rewarded for their commitment and effort!
Forest Bueller_bf
gobears20 said:

Dang, there are some outstanding players in that group of 6. Outstanding.
BEAR 45
BEAR 45

While all are very good players, two of the six are largely responsible for this years success. While Lynch won the conference defensive MVP award, Roy was likely the Baylor defensive MVP. You simply cannot consistently run a three man front without a dominant Nose tackle and he has been that and more. Teams have no choice but to double team him and that sets up more one on one situations for Lynch. Double team on Lynch ties up the tight end and leaves the Linebackers free to just make tackles, not take on linemen, and really makes blitzing effective. Really rare to have that much talent in the D line at the same time. On offense, if Mimms isn't catching the ball, his mere athletic presence ties up defenses and makes it easier for other receivers. HUGE shoes to fill next year.
McLaneStadium
Ursus Americanus said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Ursus Americanus said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Ironic because you seemed to have lost your crap over former recruits of ours that didn't live up to their status at other schools.

Let it go. Baylor is in a much better spot now and all parties have moved on.
Ursus Americanus
McLaneStadium said:

Ursus Americanus said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Ursus Americanus said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Ironic because you seemed to have lost your crap over former recruits of ours that didn't live up to their status at other schools.

Let it go. Baylor is in a much better spot now and all parties have moved on.
I guess you're another snowflake, I made a factually true statement about recruits that were busts, you two got your panties in a wad.

That's a personal problem, so please quit projecting, you want to be argumentative for the sake of it when there's nothing to argue.

I couldn't care less if your feelings are hurt by facts. And based by your need to be butt hurt for no reason, you've clearly not moved on.

McLaneStadium
I literally said Baylor is in a better spot now having moved on.

Calling other people snowflakes isn't going to change the fact that you seem to be getting more and more upset with each passing comment.

Relax.
Ursus Americanus
McLaneStadium said:

Calling other people snowflakes isn't going to change the fact that you seem to be getting more and more upset with each passing comment.

Relax.
You literally had nothing to say.

Much ado about nothing, say the sky is blue in passing and you decided to clutch your pearls.

It's your own problem, quit projecting it as otherwise.
McLaneStadium
Ursus Americanus said:

McLaneStadium said:

Relax.

Much ado about nothing, say the sky is blue in passing and you decided to clutch your pearls.

You sound angry.

Relax, cupcake.
GoldenBear007
I know hindsight is always 20/20 and they did what they thought was best at the time, but I wonder how the players who asked for their release are feeling right now as Baylor is on the cusp of potentially a Big 12 title and a spot in the playoff.
McLaneStadium
GoldenBear007 said:

I know hindsight is always 20/20 and they did what they thought was best at the time, but I wonder how the players who asked for their release are feeling right now as Baylor is on the cusp of potentially a Big 12 title and a spot in the playoff.

You can't fault a kid for wanting to leave at that time. The program was going downhill fast between May and December of 2016.
Ursus Americanus
McLaneStadium said:

Ursus Americanus said:

McLaneStadium said:

Relax.

You sound angry.

Relax, cupcake.
Lol, ok petulant tar baby, keep projecting that award winning temperament elsewhere.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.