Football
Sponsored by

Ducks vs Utes game thread

14,801 Views | 242 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by brazosplaya
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Utah is scary bad in the piss poor PAC 12. Bye bye!!!!!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
BearFan33
What a fall for Utah

From verge of playoffs to Alamo bowl
brazosplaya
DanaDane said:

This is not a Briles/BOR statement.

But, this goes to show Briles belief the OOC against a big opponent can hurt more than help is being proven as we watch. Had Oregon played an easy team Week 1 instead of Auburn, there's a good chance they would be in the mix for a playoff spot, if not already in.

I agree but with a major caveat. You have to schedule the right team... OU scheduled UCLA... not hard... but has the power 5 clout you need that no one questions your OOC schedule. Schedule smart, not impossible.
DanaDane
Aliceinbubbleland said:

DanaDane said:

But, this goes to show Briles belief the OOC against a big opponent can hurt more than help is being proven as we watch. Had Oregon played an easy team Week 1 instead of Auburn, there's a good chance they would be in the mix for a playoff spot, if not already in.

Supposedly this is what the CFP Committee is doing. Measuring losses against gimme wins. That said I think the top four are too three. We can argue over UGA.
They like to say that but human nature looks down and sees 2 losses and has a hard time explaining why that should be better than a 1 loss team. I'm sure they give it some merit in the early stages of the CFP poll, but as you get toward year end it's hard not to look at it.
Shakesbear
Retreat Hell! We just got here! The 2/5
DanaDane
brazosplaya said:

DanaDane said:

I agree but with a major caveat. You have to schedule the right team... OU scheduled UCLA... not hard... but has the power 5 clout you need that no one questions your OOC schedule. Schedule smart, not impossible.
Yes. Agree with that.
Reverend
Things are falling into place. Unreal.
Aliceinbubbleland
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Again I disagree. I do hope Oregon beats the ever loving **** outta the Big 10 in Rose
DanaDane
Ok Gents. WE HAVE A F"N CHANCE NOW!!!!! This is incredible!!!!!!
Jack Bauer
6 teams left...
CHP Bear
brazosplaya said:

DanaDane said:

We win tomorrow and we're in. As for schedule SEC Ol Miss is our UCLA.
vanillabryce
Georgia must lose too
GoldenBear007
brazosplaya said:

DanaDane said:

Exhibit A for why the playoff should go to 8 teams. Oregon would be in the playoff right now as a conference champion. With 8 teams it still encourages scheduling tough non-conference games without worry of the repercussions
Jack Bauer
We have the national spotlight from now until 3pm tomorrow.
EvilTroyAndAbed
brazosplaya said:

DanaDane said:

We've scheduled nine years out. Who knows how good or bad any of these programs will be then?
LTbear
Jack Bauer
Is Ole Miss a quality team?

They pass the eye test of being an SEC team but they finished 4-8 and fired their coach..
Timbear
The main subjective criteria the CFP Comm uses to choose who they want just got blown up. Way to go Ducks!
CHP Bear
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

brazosplaya said:

DanaDane said:

We've scheduled nine years out. Who knows how good or bad any of these programs will be then?
Good point. I see the glass more than half full. We will get better in each of the next nine years. Our results this year will spring board our portal and recruiting commits.
boognish_bear
DanaDane said:

It could work either way....Oregon was close in that game. If they had won and everything else played out the same that would be putting them over us right now.

CHP Bear
boognish_bear said:

DanaDane said:

It could work either way....Oregon was close in that game. If they had won and everything else played out the same that would be putting them over us right now.

Highly probable but thankfully they didn't.
boognish_bear
Utah keeps their streak alive....after 13 games this year they still have not beaten a P5 team with a winning conference record

Maybe they can break that streak in their bowl game.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Klatt not happy PAC is gonna miss a seat at the table again

JXL
BearFan33 said:

Johnny Bear said:

Question - Suppose GA wins, but Clemson gets upset by Virginia. I know, highly unlikely, but just curious if a 12-1 Clemson (from the otherwise weak ACC) with a loss to Virginia is enough to drop them out of the CFP(?). I realize LSU & tOSU are in no matter what.

Most people think if ga wins , we win and Clemson loses we get in over Clemson

I would think so, but the chances of Clemson losing to Virginia are about zero.
JXL
CHP Bear said:

brazosplaya said:

DanaDane said:

Still need LSU to beat Georgia. If Georgia wins I have no doubt both they and LSU will be in the playoffs.

So, what are the chances that (1) LSU tanks or (2) SEC refs "ensure" two SEC teams in the playoffs?
boognish_bear
JXL said:

CHP Bear said:

brazosplaya said:

DanaDane said:

Still need LSU to beat Georgia. If Georgia wins I have no doubt both they and LSU will be in the playoffs.

So, what are the chances that (1) LSU tanks or (2) SEC refs "ensure" two SEC teams in the playoffs?

Georgia is damn good....so it's not a gimme....but LSU doesn't want to lose that 1 or 2 seed. I think LSU will take care of business.
CHP Bear
boognish_bear said:

Mercer, New Mexico, or Western Carolina would be my choices. Anything good enough for Alabama is good enough for me.
Oldbear83
JXL said:

CHP Bear said:

brazosplaya said:

DanaDane said:

Keep in mind that if LSU loses, they play Clemson in the 1st round. If they beat Georgia, then they play Baylor or Oklahoma in the 1st round.

LSU will be focused on winning.
Forest Bueller
JXL said:

CHP Bear said:

brazosplaya said:

DanaDane said:

LSU won't tank, but they could be beaten.

I think LSU goes all out to get the #1 seed.
Forest Bueller
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Naw, I disagree, I didn't say those teams were bad, they just aren't playoff level teams.

BU against UT against KU and the first half against OU, IS playoff level good and I can't believe how quickly they got there.

If that Baylor shows up tomorrow, it would a shame for them not to make it.

PartyBear
Did anyone catch them mentioning that the PAC Championship is moving to Vegas starting next season?
GoldenBear007
boognish_bear said:

Or maybe just don't lose to Arizona State.....
brazosplaya
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

brazosplaya said:

DanaDane said:

I understand that , but when you have a name like Auburn or Alabama you have certain expectations for how good they usually are.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.