Football
Sponsored by

Kiffin to Ole Miss

1,456 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by EvilTroyAndAbed
Aliceinbubbleland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Guess we will see him in NRG next fall
PartyBear
Was this announced this late at night?
BearFan33
Unbelievable

What has he ever done?
Aliceinbubbleland
PartyBear said:

Was this announced this late at night?

Done deal apparently to be confirmed Sunday. Hogs are crying
EvilTroyAndAbed
BearFan33 said:

Unbelievable

What has he ever done?
60-34 record as a college head coach. Current team in conference championship 2 out of 3 years (won championship game two years ago). They could do worse.
Stefano DiMera
Whats his record
PartyBear
Would you want him as our HC or would you be underwhelmed if we announced him as our HC if there was a vacancy.
PartyBear
Btw Ole Miss fires their coach on Sunday and is ready to announce Ark's top choice apparently and Ark has been open about 3 weeks or more.
RiskyBizz Bear
And Florida State and Arky still searching....

I swear some of these teams are so trigger happy yet have no real plan in place. There is something to be said for consistency. Firing two and three years in - for a historically mediocre program still getting mediocre results - is a good way just to continue to spiral downward.

Lucke had hired a good staff around him and could've leveled out over another year or so.

Time will tell where they're at in another 2-3 years.... and I am fairly certain it will still be in the bottom half of the SEC west.
Along w Arky - regardless of who they hire.
EvilTroyAndAbed
RiskyBizz Bear said:

And Florida State and Arky still searching....

I swear some of these teams are so trigger happy yet have no real plan in place. There is something to be said for consistency. Firing two and three years in - for a historically mediocre program still getting mediocre results - is a good way just to continue to spiral downward.

Lucke had hired a good staff around him and could've leveled out over another year or so.

Time will tell where they're at in another 2-3 years.... and I am fairly certain it will still be in the bottom half of the SEC west.
Along w Arky - regardless of who they hire.
I think firing before two years out is plain dumb ... except Arkansas wasn't just going 2-10. They were lifeless. They were getting blown out by Western Kentucky. It's one thing when you go 1-11 but by the middle of the season you see sparks against an OU team headed for the playoffs or you get within a play of OT against West Virginia. It's another to see your team regress toward the end of your second year.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.