Football
Sponsored by

Do we now control our destiny?

3,105 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by historian
ScottS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Orgeon did their part. Does a win tomorrow get us in?
chukronos
If Georgia loses.
GoldenBear007
Georgia says hi. They win, LSU still gets in
Stefano DiMera
LSU controls our destiny. Welcome to the forum.
Dman
The only path is still the same. Win.
oso de esqui
If Georgia wins our worst case scenario is the Sugar Bowl
Baylor3216
oso de esqui said:

I doubt sugar bowl is an option in that scenario
Username checks out
Hot garbage that SEC would get in 2 teams with a Georgia win. Yeah I know LSU is the consensus all world team. You can't win your conference, you don't deserve a chance in. Especially when your conference plays 8 games with a tune-up special on midseason to avoid tough games. What's their premier OOC, Texas? Something something common opponents... what's their premier win? An Alabama team that had 0 top 25 wins? It's all a house of cards.
BUbackerinET
They win, they both Georgia and LSU get in, and B12, and P12, both get shut out
CoachHBU2008
Let's just go 1-0. We're not supposed to be here any way. The way I see it we are playing with house money.

OU is the one team we have not beaten in 5 years. That's motivating enough. Let's just go out there and focus on us. Let the chips fall where they may. OU is going to press because the way they see it they beat us. They're OU and we are the same Baylor.

But we are not! This team has grit. And they are focused on the process. Don't want to speak to soon but I feel we are playing at a level right now and have so much confidence in our process that I don't think OU is at our level of preparation. They may have the talent. We have the discipline and grit. We are more physical. We are worried about ourselves and the process. We are playing championship football. I think that continues tomorrow morning.
Johnny Bear
oso de esqui said:

Only if we win tomorrow. If OU wins and GA wins (meaning OU is in the Sugar Bowl), we're likely in the Alamo Bowl (the committee will probably drop us too much to get into the Cotton Bowl) which is the absolute worst case scenario for us after tomorrow. Hope that doesn't happen - this team deserves at least a NY6 Bowl regardless of what happens in the B12 championship game.
historian
Actually, that's probably the best case scenario. If we win tomorrow, we will be Big 12 Champs but if Georgia beats LSU (very unlikely) the stupid committee will again put in 2 SEC teams although only 1 is a conference champ.
BearlyConscious
oso de esqui said:

If LSU wins our worst case scenario is the Sugar Bowl.

If Georgia wins, they and LSU will be in the playoff, and the winner of the Big 12 championship would be in the Sugar Bowl.
GoldenBear007
BearlyConscious said:

oso de esqui said:

If LSU wins our worst case scenario is the Sugar Bowl.

If Georgia wins, they and LSU will be in the playoff, and the winner of the Big 12 championship would be in the Sugar Bowl.

True worst case if Georgia and OU winning with us stuck in the Cotton Bowl playing the non-G5 team
Shakesbear
ScottS said:

As far as the CFP goes, no, we don't control our own destiny. As far as winning the Big XII Championship and finishing 12-1 and ranked in the top 10? Yes, we control our own destiny. Just go 1-0 tomorrow and then let God sort it out
Retreat Hell! We just got here! The 2/5
StatMan
Baylor doesn't control its own destiny, as they need Georgia to lose after the Baylor Bears win. We got help from Oregon. Now Baylor needs to win the Big XII Championship, then watch the SEC title game, and hope for an LSU victory.
EvilTroyAndAbed
If Georgia wins, I'm not gonna scream travesty if LSU gets in before us or OU. There are greater controversies in the world.

Let's just win.
BearlyBeloved
Shakesbear said:

ScottS said:

As far as the CFP goes, no, we don't control our own destiny. As far as winning the Big XII Championship and finishing 12-1 and ranked in the top 10? Yes, we control our own destiny. Just go 1-0 tomorrow and then let God sort it out
Yay for God!
historian
BearlyBeloved said:

Shakesbear said:

ScottS said:

Yay for God!
Amen to that! Leave everything in God's hands.
BAYLOR IRISHMAN
I expect UGA to get all the calls. Just saying.
historian
LSU is also SEC & blue blood.
BAYLOR IRISHMAN
I understand, but if we pull out the W against OU....it could get interesting. I feel like they will do anything to keep us out.
JXL
BAYLOR IRISHMAN said:

I expect UGA to get all the calls. Just saying.

No doubt about it.
Illinois Bear
Sports talk radio this morning spouting that Georgia with a close loss to LSU may still be more deserving of the 4th spot than BU, should OU lose today.

I really hope the team feeds off the continued lack of respect.

Just win baby!!!
historian
Must be SEC groupies. I don't think there is any chance a 2 loss team gets in. The ONLY 2 loss team that will EVER get in is Bama & everyone has been saying they are now out for that reason. I don't know if the committee has said that, though....
303Bear
We have always controlled our destiny, win.

Don't see a legitimate way we do not get into the playoff if we win today. Georgia will not beat LSU unless half of LSU's offense gets locked in their hotel rooms and misses the game.

BUGWBBear
ScottS said:

We already pissed it away...10-0 down before anyone wakes up.
historian
Whoever won the Big 12 should be in. If we had won yesterday, we would have been #4. Instead, it's OU. It's a slam dunk and there are no other options. Now, the committee might do something else...

Then they would lose what ever scrap of credibility they might have.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.