Football
Sponsored by

Team of destiny?

1,846 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by historian
Dman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Overtime victories. Triple overtime victories. Must have +50 yard line field goals. Defense winning more games than we can count. Last minute Offensive "gut" check drives....

And now Oregon showing the committee what happens when Utah finally plays a ranked team with a winning record.

If we win tomorrow and get into the playoffs, is this team running the table? Doubtful. But that's exactly what's motivated them all year.

What a hell of a ride. Couldn't be more proud of Rhule and these kids.

Sic'em.
boognish_bear
It really feels like a damn dream

Seriously.....Baylor who was 1-11 and the most toxic program in America is a playing for the Final Four just 2 years later....

Hollywood couldn't write it this good. Unbelievably believable.

(And UT and Aggy are sitting at home at 7-5 watching to boot)
BearlyConscious
Not going to be able to sleep tonight. It's like being a kid the night before Christmas...
historian
No pressure, no diamonds...
Dman
Rhule will have these kids ready. I'm expecting good things!!
historian
Baylor Rhules Texas!
longtimebear
HA HA !

I LOVE IT !
historian
I have been skeptical through the past few weeks of playoff talk because of the stupid committee but now I do believe that we might have a chance. If we win today & LSU stomps on Georgia, we should be in.

It's still an open question of whether or not the committee will see it that way. One way to interpret their ranking as in the top 10 lately--and #7 now--is that they were putting us in a place to move up to #4. The thing is, if both of those hypotheticals become reality (very possible), I don't know who else why could put in. Certainly not ANY 2 loss team and it would be difficult if not impossible to rationally deny a P5 conference champion.

We shall see tomorrow.
Dman
historian said:

I have been skeptical through the past few weeks of playoff talk because of the stupid committee but now I do believe that we might have a chance. If we win today & LSU stomps on Georgia, we should be in.

It's still an open question of whether or not the committee will see it that way. One way to interpret their ranking as in the top 10 lately--and #7 now--is that they were putting us in a place to move up to #4. The thing is, if both of those hypotheticals become reality (very possible), I don't know who else why could put in. Certainly not ANY 2 loss team and it would be difficult if not impossible to rationally deny a P5 conference champion.

We shall see tomorrow.

If we win. We are in. LSU will beat Georgia.
historian
I like your way of thinking! I want to believe, but in my mind the committee has no legitimacy. They have squandered that numerous times beginning the first year, 2014.
Dman
Win or lose. Playoffs or no playoffs..this team, this year, goes down as something special.
boognish_bear
Dman said:

Win or lose. Playoffs or no playoffs..this team, this year, goes down as something special.

Agree 100%. Of course I want to win today....but if we lose I really won't be crushed. This is all gravy to me.

I just really want us to win our NY6 bowl to really validate we've arrived and are ready to hang with the big boys.
historian
Agree 100%.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.