Football
Sponsored by

TRIFECTA Question !

1,574 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by historian
longtimebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So, three things have to happen, right?

1. Oregon beats Utah
2. Baylor beats Oklahoma
3. L.S.U. beats Georgia

Isn't that the way it goes for us to make the playoffs.

OK, number one is completed and now we're up at 11:00 today and the SEC plays tonight.

If it all goes according to our plan, then won't we draw Ohio State in the first round? If so....

Do we want to get blitzed by Ohio State or go to the Sugar Bowl where more of our fans can go have some fun ?? Just wanted to ask this question. Thanks !
BUBBFAN
We want in. Who we play doesn't matter. And who says Ohio State would blitz us?
Aberzombie1892
Making the CFP (and even potentially getting blown out there) is preferable to going to the Sugar Bowl in winning.

Recruiting. Branding. Prestige. Respect. The list goes on.
Oldgrizzly
Our defense could possibly keep us closer to Ohio State than any other team that plays them. Who knows miracles can happen. Besides, would rather be blitzed by Ohio State in the playoffs, than play in the Sugar Bowl. It means so much more to our program, even if we get blitzed. Sugar Bowl means we weren't good enough for the playoffs.
historian
Losing to OSU is not guaranteed. I think our team--coaches & players--could give them a few surprises.

Maybe that's why ESPN is always angling against Baylor: they are terrified that one of their precious blue bloods might be upset by "scrappy little Baylor." It would blow a hole wide open in their bubble of SEC/blue blood superiority and the idea that a national championship should actually be national. It also would inspire a lot more teams to think they might also achieve it. Even if we lost, there is no doubt that the team would be on fire to make it back to the playoffs in 2020--and many other schools would also think they could emulate us.

If we do get in, we will be the first private, non-blue blood school to get in. If we win, that would shatter a few myths & records as well. No doubt there are many talking heads who have nightmares about that possibility--especially Paul Finebaum!
vanillabryce
CFP is the choice. Landing in the Sugar is nothing to be ashamed of
brazosplaya
vanillabryce said:

I hate loser talk.
ScottS
We want in!!!!
EvilTroyAndAbed
I want in. Ohio State would beat us. They are the most complete team I've seen this year.

But you always want a chance. It's a defeatist attitude that would rather play in a lower bowl.

Now, win or lose today (and in our final games), this has been an incredible season. Even if it ends with wins or losses.
historian
brazosplaya said:

vanillabryce said:

I hate loser talk.
Being realistic is not "loser talk." We wanted the CFP but didn't win so we will probably get Sugar against Georgia. That's a good thing.

We are #2 in the Big 12. We are tied for the all time Baylor record in number of wins in a season. We are 11-2 only two years removed from 1-11. As for bowl games, in August we were hoping we might be able to play in the Alamo, instead we were in playoff contention (until yesterday) & will be in a NY6.

By all accounts, this has been an amazing year. We should celebrate & applaud what the team has done.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.