Football
Sponsored by

ESPN says even with a BU win and GA loss, GA still favored to get in...

3,045 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by jdrs
gabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We might need to prepare ourselves. Saw this on a graphic this morning, basically if BU wins and GA LOSES, ESPN still predicts a 35% chance for GA to get in and a 33% chance for BU to make it.

I'm not usually the type to say that ESPN is in the tank for the SEC, but man that would make it hard to dispute. They actually even have Florida at better odds to make it this morning before the games are played...
Illinois Bear
I posted that same comment in another thread a few minutes ago.

Hoping the team feeds off this stuff.

All they can do is be sure to handle their business today and be sure to FINISH the Sooners this time.

Self Made Bear
Watching now and ESPN is going full SEC, saying Florida would get in over Baylor even if Baylor wins and GA loses.
BUrbon
If you saw it this morning, it's because Utah lost. They are in Plan B mode now.
Talk will be, it's time for a multi loss team to get in.
Johnny Bear
Florida??!!???!!??
Baylor3216
And this surprises any of you?
trey3216
Illinois Bear said:

I posted that same comment in another thread a few minutes ago.

Hoping the team feeds off this stuff.

All they can do is be sure to handle their business today and be sure to FINISH the Sooners this time.

i hope the team doesn't give a **** and doesn't have access to even see **** like that. Why would you hope they feed off it? They're playing a game in 3 hours
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
BayouCity
That's what they may say to make it interesting but there's no chance they pass up a conference champ for a two loss conference runner up.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2019-college-football-predictions/?ex_cid=rrpromo
historian
I don't see how a 2 loss team gets in. I have always maintained that if it ever happens, the ONLY 2 loss team that will get in is Bama & everyone has them out for that reason. Has the committee ever said anything about 2 loss teams?

Knowing this committee, though, any stupidity is possible. They can always find a way to sink lower.

There is no doubt that ESPN is in the tank--they have too much $$$ invested in the SEC (& LHN) not to want to see it prevail. This is probably the best argument for the selection show to be on ANY OTHER CHANNEL.
brazosplaya
How can they put numerical value on something they have made subjective by putting it in a committee's hands? I think they are talking out of their a$$.
trey3216
There is absolutely no way they'd take 2 loss Georgia over Big XII champ Baylor.

None.

Get that chicken**** out of your heads.

This is purely a hook to keep people interested/keep ratings
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Shakesbear
Just go 1-0 today and let God sort it out. Baylor wins no matter what happens IMHO
Retreat Hell! We just got here! The 2/5
gobears20
Staff
Nobody wants to see two SEC teams and a two loss team wouldn't jump us and how would Florida jump us if they are not even playing lolol

ESPN loves drama
vanillabryce
Let's be clear... a person did not say that. It was the All State playoff predictor.

There's no way a 2 loss UGA or Florida get in over Baylor... if we win the B12.
hodedofome
On college game day they are saying Baylor has a decent chance of beating OU and getting in the playoff. So I guess the opinions on the network are not all the same.
BUBBFAN
Let's win today, then the conversation can begin.
historian
Whomever wins this morning, the Big 12 Champ should be in. In fact, it just occurred to me that the Big 12 champion could jump Clemson for the #3 spot since both we & OU have a better record of wins. They have not played anyone of consequence, no ranked teams. That won't happen, but that's how it should be.
EvilTroyAndAbed
historian said:

Whomever wins this morning, the Big 12 Champ should be in. In fact, it just occurred to me that the Big 12 champion could jump Clemson for the #3 spot since both we & OU have a better record of wins. They have not played anyone of consequence, no ranked teams. That won't happen, but that's how it should be.
It's not how it should be. Clemson is the undefeated defending national champion. Just like a 2-loss team shouldn't jump a 1-loss team, a 1-loss team shouldn't jump an undefeated P5 champion.
Hairy Bear
Georgia has to win to get it period. If they lose which I anticipate, the committee is likely to give a long look at Utah if they win. Two losses will not get you in this year. Big 12 has a decent chance to put a team in if Georgia losses.
BearlyBeloved
Shakesbear said:

Just go 1-0 today and let God sort it out. Baylor wins no matter what happens IMHO
Yay for God!
RegentCoverup
If the Big12 champion doesn't make it into the CFP, then there is no point in the Big12 conference or championship.

You'd be better off scheduling on your own.
ScottS
ESPN says UT getting a look due to quality losses for the #4 spot.
Forest Bueller
They are just trying to stir it and get more attention.

2 loss GA or FL ain't getting in. If they are going there they should propping Oregon, they at least have the championship.
BUGWBBear
We're already stinking up the joint. Down 7-0...soon to be 14. And, as predicted...Rhule won't make adjustments because it's Happy Go Fun Football!!!
EvilTroyAndAbed
BUGWBBear said:

We're already stinking up the joint. Down 7-0...soon to be 14. And, as predicted...Rhule won't make adjustments because it's Happy Go Fun Football!!!
We have some idiot fans.
jdrs
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BUGWBBear said:

We have some idiot fans.

I don't think this is much of a fan.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.