Football
Sponsored by

December 7, 2013

1,626 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by jdrs
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Stefano DiMera
Also 3 year anniversary of Rhules introductory press conference.
historian
brazosplaya
I have never been more cold in my life then I was at that game.
atomicblast
Was there at the end zone they pulled the tarp off of. Brought my future wife out there and we brought a cheap Walmart blanket "just in case". Thing ended up being worth every penny I spent on it.
historian
Unfortunately, I missed it (& every other game that year--except on TV), but I'm glad to say I've been to every game Baylor has played in McLane Stadium and many road games in those years as well--including the 2015 TCU game which was bitter cold & wet.
GoldenBear007
Watched the last 3 minutes on the field behind the end zone. GREAT times. A night to never forget
Jack Bauer
What a way to shut down the Case.
BearlyConscious
brazosplaya said:

I was knocking ice off of the bleachers that day. Couldn't feel my feet after the 1st quarter...
Dman
Entire family sat on frozen benches cheering on the bears. We have some amazing pics with players on the field after the game as they turned out the lights. I still have the video.

"Ice fog"....

blackie
brazosplaya said:

And have never felt better at a sporting event. The cold and the ice fog just added to the lore.
MsGrizzly2U
I'm the weeny of the family. Anything under 70 degrees and I'm layered up. End of game just before the closing ceremony my husband (not a Baylor grad)wanted to leave. I told him to go ahead on but I'M STAYIN'!!!! Best game of my life! Glad I went and endured! The whiskey we snuck in helped
Ursinine
The first half was very cold. The second half warmed me up considerably.

I had three pairs of pants on, a balaclava, and foot warmers stuffed in my shoes and gloves, so that helped too. Had to knock the frost off my eyelids every so often though.
jdrs
Coldest I have ever been. But oh what a wonderful memory. Such a great win beating UT! And winning a championship!
Tried to drive back to Houston. Watched a car in front of us hit a patch of ice and slid all over the road narrowly missing our car. Only time I have been happy to get to College Station and spent the night there.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.