Football
Sponsored by

Sugar anyone?

3,005 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by historian
Shakesbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Go LSU
Retreat Hell! We just got here! The 2/5
BUGWBBear
I don't have high hopes against Georgia with a bunged up QB and questionable OL.

But oh well....
wuzzybear
Just take the best bowl we can get and win it. That is all...
chukronos
BUGWBBear said:

I don't have high hopes against Georgia with a bunged up QB and questionable OL.

But oh well....
I do. A&M was able to hang with them. And, we would curb stomp A&m.
Shakesbear
BUGWBBear said:

But oh well....
Retreat Hell! We just got here! The 2/5
RedBear05
I was hoping we'd be in position to make the Sugar bowl as I always thought in the back of my head the committee would screw us out of the playoff one way or another.

We should have a great crowd in New Orleans to watch us beat an over-rated Georgia on my Birthday!!!
PartyBear
We were not going to be screwed. Based on the current LSU/UGa score. We were just an OT loss from the play off. As time is passing I'm more aggravated we did not spend the final minute of regulation going for the win. Instead of just running the clock to go to OT. That was a bad blunder.
SIC EM 94
There is no way in Hell you risk turning the ball over and giving OU a FG to win in regulation. Baylor did exactly what they should have in that situation.
ImABearToo
Given that we are OT University, we wanted to be there. Why risk a freshman QB making a mental mistake inside our own 10 yard line and hand the game away.
“Life is short, eat desert first!”
PartyBear
The freshman QB was what put us in position to win in the first place. Could he make a mistake? Sure then we have the result we had anyway. I thought there was upside trying to get down to field goal range. With the momentum we had going at that moment on offense we had a good shot. Zeno seems like a potential great QB.
bexar country
No
Aberzombie1892
PartyBear said:

The freshman QB was what put us in position to win in the first place. Could he make a mistake? Sure then we have the result we had anyway. I thought there was upside trying to get down to field goal range. With the momentum we had going at that moment on offense we had a good shot. Zeno seems like a potential great QB.

Eh. This is easy to say knowing that Baylor was going to lose the game anyway, but the made the best choice possible from the information that was available at that time.
DST
At one point this past summer, I thought to myself, "If an overrated Texas squad can backdoor their way into a Big 12 title game and Sugar Bowl appearance one year after going 7-6 and winning the Texas Bowl, why can't we?"

Well here we are.
Quinton
PartyBear said:

We were not going to be screwed. Based on the current LSU/UGa score. We were just an OT loss from the play off. As time is passing I'm more aggravated we did not spend the final minute of regulation going for the win. Instead of just running the clock to go to OT. That was a bad blunder.
It's a hard proposition. It takes a lot to risk that but Im not sure it wasn't our best shot. Intuitively it doesn't seem like it would be smart to try that but if you really break it down its a lot closer and a lot more complex of a calculation than other posters will think.

Do I think Geno gets them close.. if he gets just a few seconds to throw probably. Do I think the o-line gets him crushed risking fumble or erratic throw in the process on at least one down.. decent chance. Weighing all of it if they start working easies after we got the sneak wouldn't have been mad. I agree though.. it's a more involved calculation and might have been worth it. Don't really know.

The defense was holding up though so probably play it safe and hope to hold the a fg on first ot possession and go win. If not, its over because they were going to bring it with a td in their pocket.
boognish_bear
Bearsnarl
We have to be in the Sugar Bowl against Georgia. We are the two highest teams with a league tie in.

I like our chances.
Jack Bauer
ESPN will air its College Football Playoff Selection Show starting at 11 a.m. (CT) Sunday. The College Football Playoff Semifinal match-ups are expected to be announced in the first hour of the show while the rest of the New Year's Six pairings will be announced after 2 p.m.
EvilTroyAndAbed
BUGWBBear said:

But oh well....
Good Lord, you're a miserable person.
Timbear
We wil beat Georgia.
Steely Dan
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BUGWBBear said:

But oh well....
Good Lord, you're a miserable person.

He played in the band, what do you expect?
Ursus Americanus
BUGWBBear said:

But oh well....
Luckily you're irrelevant to the team.
historian
DST said:

At one point this past summer, I thought to myself, "If an overrated Texas squad can backdoor their way into a Big 12 title game and Sugar Bowl appearance one year after going 7-6 and winning the Texas Bowl, why can't we?"

Well here we are.
Except for us it isn't the back door.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.