Story Poster
Baylor Football

Ten Things: Baylor Vs. Georgia

January 1, 2020

Baylor and Georgia squared off in the Sugar Bowl on Wednesday. Here are the ten things which stood out to me.

1. Baylor crowd looks great
  2. Good to get the 3 and out
  3. Baylor offense not clicking early
  4. Defense not able to get off the field
  5. 19-0 at half
  6. Little Gem Saloon is going to enjoy my business
  7. Racing bicycles by the band? Can we not leave the boat races at McLane? Was the dancing pizza costume dirty?
  8. Great drive to open the second half
  9. Where was this offense in the first half?
  10. Prayers to Charlie Brewer‍ 
  11. And the season ends with Baylor 11-3
Discussion from...

Ten Things: Baylor Vs. Georgia

9,267 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Timbear
Dia del DougO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dang, before the game is even over.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
BUGWBBear
12. Sorry officiating from a Big 10 crew. Only if they had $$$ on this game could they miss that holding (tugging on jersey) call that Georgia defender had on our receiver. And that was just the tip of the iceberg...
historian
When the ESPN announcers emphasize a penalty that strongly, you know the officials screwed up big time. There were multiple examples of extremely bad calls & we got few lucky breaks from the officials. You'd think we were playing Texas!
Jacques Strap
Georgia is a very good team loaded with high level recruits. Players everywhere and deep.

It was an unexpectedly good year, at least from my view as I did not foresee 11 wins. Wonderfully overachieving team and a great season. Like all teams frustrating at times to watch but always played with a LOT of effort including last night's game.

Never fun to end the season with a loss but this team accomplished a lot and was very close to winning a Big 12 title.

You never know what the future holds but today it looks bright.

CoachHBU2008
Jacques Strap said:

Georgia is a very good team loaded with high level recruits. Players everywhere and deep.

It was an unexpectedly good year, at least from my view as I did not foresee 11 wins. Wonderfully overachieving team and a great season. Like all teams frustrating at times to watch but always played with a LOT of effort including last night's game.

Never fun to end the season with a loss but this team accomplished a lot and was very close to winning a Big 12 title.

You never know what the future holds but today it looks bright.

This. Great perspective. Sic'Em Bears!
EdNashville
The no-call pass interference, jersey holding happened right in front of me. I almost had a heart attacking yelling at the ref. I guess the ref heard me and later gave us a break on a questionable pass interference call in the 2nd half. Those bad calls did not cost us the game, but they are frustrating.
Robert Wilson
Our fans definitely showed up well.
And Nola never disappoints.

Brewer's injury hurt.
The blown PI call hurt.

End of the day, our OL unit just isn't ready for the big time. And ... we were too late in making adjustments to get the ball out of Charlie's hands fast. Not sure why it took us until after halftime to get that done.

Great season, all in all. We can never complain about 11 wins and challenging for a conference title.

While you can look at near misses against OU and UGA, we were also lucky to have every single one of TCU, Tech, ISU, WVU fall our way. Odds are you are usually gonna drop one or more of those close games, so at the end of the day more things fell our way in close games than did not.

If we are going to either step it up a level or maintain this level over a period of time, the OL is going to have to improve.
Timbear
This is the 3rd year everyone blames the OL. Next year will be the 4th year.. Change the OL coach. Our OL coach never ever played or coached an OL in his life. Rhule is to blame for hiring an unqualified coach. Our O stunk. Zero points in 3 out of 4 Q's. Unqualified first time OC.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.