Story Poster
Photo by Kevin Jairaj-USA TODAY Sports
Baylor Football

Baylor AD Mack Rhoades discusses Coach Rhule to the NFL and what's next

January 7, 2020

Coaching Search Special: Try SicEm365 Premium for $5.00 for three months  

Baylor Athletic director discusses Coach Matt Rhule's decision to become the Carolina Panthers Head Coach. He also discusses what's next.

Tags: Football
Discussion from...

Baylor AD Mack Rhoades discusses Coach Rhule to the NFL and what's next

6,723 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SuzieQuzie61
Grizz Air
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks for posting.
2022 Adopt-a-Bear: Mark Milton #3 CB
Grizz Air
After hearing his response to the McGuire question, I don't think McGuire is going to be the next HC. I was kind of hoping that he would, but it doesn't sound like that from his response. Mack wants somebody bigger/better.
2022 Adopt-a-Bear: Mark Milton #3 CB
BUmoneymaker
Same buyout nfl vs college

Interesting

"I hope" -Red

"Apply yourself" -W.White

"Guys, who is Keyser Soze?" - K. Soze

"Tea. Earl Grey. Hot." -J.L. Picard
BUBBFAN
Grizz Air said:

After hearing his response to the McGuire question, I don't think McGuire is going to be the next HC. I was kind of hoping that he would, but it doesn't sound like that from his response. Mack wants somebody bigger/better.
I didn't get that impression. I just think Rhoades is just going to explore his options.
Russell Gym
Grizz Air said:

I thought he struck a neutral tone, exactly what he needed to. Didn't send signal to other candidates that the job is already spoken for, yet was complimentary.

I'd take Mack at his word. And I'll trust his hire.
Saddle Up!
I think Mack said what he needed to for public consumption, but four years ago if Rhule had said, "I'll give you three good years, go from 1-11 to 11-3, but I'll interview with NFL teams in a very public fashion after every season, to the point of distraction before my last bowl game," I have to believe Mack would have given Rhule a hard pass.
Mike E
BUmoneymaker said:

Same buyout nfl vs college

Interesting
A contract's a contract. Would had been the same if Bush's Chicken came calling. Nothing unusual about that.
HuttoBear
Joey McGuire would be a good choice. He had great success at HS level (and I know that is different than college football), the players really like him, he is well-known by the Texas HS coaches ( thats why --what's his name brought him on board to begin with), he is a native Texan; therefore, he is more likely to want to stay here for the long-haul (unlike some guy from the NE who had but one goal on his mind).

Penland J Hall
Sounds like you just described AB...
HuttoBear
And your point?
SuzieQuzie61
Graham Harrell, OC at USC. Texas boy (graduated from Ennis High), QB for TT, where he set all kinds of records. Backup to Aaron Rodgers in GB. Coached at Ok St, UNT, Washington St, now USC.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.