Football
Sponsored by

It's not gonna be Joey. Get over it.

6,775 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Chamberman
bear2be2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yogi said:

Informer said:

Dabo was never a coordinator or a HC either. If you have been around McGuire, you would see the connection
I guess other Power 5 programs are having that issue as well because there isn't one - not one - that sees what you see in Joey McGuire.

This is a really silly argument as it's true of most internal coaching hires, a great many of which have worked out tremendously well for the hiring school and almost none of which have flopped the way and others are suggesting McGuire would.

Even those cited as failures typically finish with records around .500 or slightly better. They may get fired because they couldn't maintain our build on what the previous coach did, but very few are disasters.
GoldenBear007
Robert Wilson said:

If they announced Joey, I'd wonder why the took so long. Seems like doing it earlier might've helped bolster any shots we had at late recruiting signings.

My guess is Rhoades wants to be as thorough in his search as possible and weigh all options both internally and externally, which we should appreciate.
CutTheTVoff
He was an HC at Cedar Hill.
GrayHairBear
xiledinok said:

There is one poster who knows, imo. He will be right, again.
who is that?
Forest Bueller_bf
BUBBFAN said:

atomicblast said:

The amount of bleating sheep saying Joey's name on the board is crazy. McGuire has no experience. He has very little resume to show. Mack Rhoades is not gonna hire someone that cant say he was an HC or a Coordinator at the very least. Bet on it. Stop wishing for Joey to be it. Ain't gonna happen.

I'm a Joey guy, and I will get over it and support whoever is hired. I believe most will. The question is, if it happened to be Joey, would you get over it?

I hear you, I lean strongly for McGuire too, but understand he is not an established head coach at the D1 level yet, so Baylor may prefer someone else.

That said, he has to get that first chance, I would hope Baylor knows his talent well enough to make that decision if it's the right one.
Chamberman
Forest Bueller_bf said:

That said, he has to get that first chance,
I'd rather see him prove himself at a smaller college first. That's normally how it's done.

There's a reason that K-State didn't hire Sean Snyder as the head coach even with the players and the retiring coach's recommendation. He'd never coached in college anywhere else.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.