Football
Sponsored by

Austin American-Statesman: Aranda Takes Over at Baylor

3,579 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Wineguy89
McCavebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.statesman.com/sports/20200120/baylors-aranda-takes-over-with-lots-of-state-big-12-ties
McCavebear Lives!
boognish_bear
Thanks for posting. This caught my eye...hopefully Aranda knows to do the opposite of whatever Herman says

" Aranda also has chatted with some of his Big 12 contacts, including his old college roommate, Texas coach Tom Herman, who he said gave him recommendations for assistants"
brazosplaya
boognish_bear said:

Thanks for posting. This caught my eye...hopefully Aranda knows to do the opposite of whatever Herman says

" Aranda also has chatted with some of his Big 12 contacts, including his old college roommate, Texas coach Tom Herman, who he said gave him recommendations for assistants"
Yeah, Tom Herman shouldn't be handing out advice, counter intelligence ops perhaps?
Wineguy89
brazosplaya said:

boognish_bear said:

Yeah, Tom Herman shouldn't be handing out advice, counter intelligence ops perhaps?

Wonder if CDA got a word in edgewise this time with *****man? And I'm sure he took whatever was said with a HUGE grain of salt.....
BBWCBear
brazosplaya said:

boognish_bear said:

Yeah, we sure don't want another "Cap'n Carrot with his head buried in Mack Brown's chest weeping." Kidding... well, kinda.

Secondly, I thought it stunk at the Introduction that the AAS guy asked CDA... " Well, did you make your decision AFTER you knew nine players were leaving at LSU to come to Waco?" Only crass question at the event.
McCavebear
boognish_bear said:

Aranda is his own man. I expect he will staff better than Herman.
McCavebear Lives!
ImABearToo
Statesman is a rag and always has been. Susan Halliburton asked one question and I think a bearded Kirk Bohls asked another. He's actually pretty consistent at throwing Texas coaches under the bus although Halliburton is pretty fair. But I wouldn't trust anything that paper puts out as it's the propaganda arm for UT sports.
“Life is short, eat desert first!”
SMack
Herman can give some pointers on locker room renovations.

He's a demolition expert.
Wichitabear
Omg! I bet he is a lot of help. /s
Aliceinbubbleland
ImABearToo said:

Statesman is a rag and always has been. Susan Halliburton asked one question and I think a bearded Kirk Bohls asked another. He's actually pretty consistent at throwing Texas coaches under the bus although Halliburton is pretty fair. But I wouldn't trust anything that paper puts out as it's the propaganda arm for UT sports.
Halliburton has appeared to be a huge fan of Baylor ever since Art Briles and she only has praise for Drew and Rhule. I don't know why you'd take issue withe her reporting in this case. It was a good read and the first evidence of what actually went on between Rhoades and Aranda.
Oso Pardo
SMack said:

Herman can give some pointers on locker room renovations.

He's a demolition expert.
Aw Man, y'all need to leave ol' Cheeseburger Herman alone. He's just misunderstood because he's so much smarter than all of us non-Mensa (low bred) commoners.
ImABearToo
I said Halliburton is fair and I agree that she has treated Baylor well from CAB through Rhule. And this article was okay, however, the Austin Un-American Statesman is garbage unless of course your further left than Bernie and bleed that ugly shade of orange.
“Life is short, eat desert first!”
EK bear
ImABearToo said:

I said Halliburton is fair and I agree that she has treated Baylor well from CAB through Rhule. And this article was okay, however, the Austin Un-American Statesman is garbage unless of course your further left than Bernie and bleed that ugly shade of orange.

Get a grip on reality man. Don't go thru life looking for things to hate. Tribalism is a cancer to our society. But the root cause is bc overall things are so good y'all have nothing better to worry about.

The write up was good.
Stranger
The story said Mack Rhoads was in Ruidoso when he got the word that Matty was jumping ship. We didn't hear a word from him. He should've called and we could have had a couple of beers and watched some ball games together on our tv here at the house. Well, maybe next time. Let me know when you're coming Mack and we'll feed you supper.
Forest Bueller_bf
boognish_bear said:

I bet he did.
McCavebear
Stranger said:

The story said Mack Rhoads was in Ruidoso when he got the word that Matty was jumping ship. We didn't hear a word from him. He should've called and we could have had a couple of beers and watched some ball games together on our tv here at the house. Well, maybe next time. Let me know when you're coming Mack and we'll feed you supper.
Mack Rhoades has way better things to do than hang out with you Aunt Bee.

He has no time for a fake Baylor fan who was against building The McLane.
McCavebear Lives!
Ten Bears
ImABearToo said:

Bohls can be honest about Texas when they're really bad but sometimes he's delusional, like this from a recent column after the Horns beat Utah. Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, Florida and Oklahoma can't play with LSU but Texas can...

Bohls -

"Still impressed by Texas' domination of Utah in the Alamo Bowl. This was so much more emphatic than the Sugar Bowl win because every Utah player and coach I talked to swore they were highly motivated, and the Longhorns just took them apart. This Texas team could play with LSU right now. I didn't buy it when Utah quarterback Tyler Huntley said after the game that his team treated the game "more like a vacation."
Stranger
McCavebear said:

Stranger said:

I don't think you have the real story on Baylor Stadium. A group of big money donors, including McLane met with the stadium builders, Populous. Populous proposed spending $50million on Floyd Casey to make it "the finest stadium in America". Everyone in the room, including some rich lettermen jumped on the idea. Later someone suggested to McLane to build on campus. The location was on LaSalle. Drayton thought it should be on the interstate so that's where it ended up. My support was for the first proposal. It required no debt. Better sight lines and better tailgating, plus tradition. Most of the lettermen involved felt the same way.. it didn't work out that way. I'm still a fan and have attended many games at the new stadium.

When you start calling people fake fans you're calling out some legendary lettermen who felt the same way as I did, some of whom have their names attached to parts of the new stadium. You're living in the past. Your insults are tired. Give it a rest.
Ursus Americanus
Stranger said:

Why would a Baylor AD seek out an internet troll that hates every thing he does?
Stranger
Ursus Americanus said:

Stranger said:

Why would a Baylor AD seek out an internet troll that hates every thing he does?

I'm sorry your personality doesn't include a sense of humor.
Wineguy89
Stranger said:

McCavebear said:

Stranger said:

I don't think you have the real story on Baylor Stadium. A group of big money donors, including McLane met with the stadium builders, Populous. Populous proposed spending $50million on Floyd Casey to make it "the finest stadium in America". Everyone in the room, including some rich lettermen jumped on the idea. Later someone suggested to McLane to build on campus. The location was on LaSalle. Drayton thought it should be on the interstate so that's where it ended up. My support was for the first proposal. It required no debt. Better sight lines and better tailgating, plus tradition. Most of the lettermen involved felt the same way.. it didn't work out that way. I'm still a fan and have attended many games at the new stadium.

When you start calling people fake fans you're calling out some legendary lettermen who felt the same way as I did, some of whom have their names attached to parts of the new stadium. You're living in the past. Your insults are tired. Give it a rest.

Except you NEVER said all this. You said McClane wouldn't happen....at all.....you told us you had many "sources" and it wouldn't happen.

You are a troll, a terrible fan, and a patent liar.

Oh, and Mack has a Ranch in New Mexico where he was trying to vacation when Rhule called to let him know he was leaving. Not that you'll ever be invited unless they need some new "big game" to run around out there as target practice. When is Stranger season again?
Stranger
Wineguy89 said:

Stranger said:

McCavebear said:

Stranger said:

Except you NEVER said all this. You said McClane wouldn't happen....at all.....you told us you had many "sources" and it wouldn't happen.

Oh, and Mack has a Ranch in New Mexico where he was trying to vacation when Rhule called to let him know he was leaving. Not that you'll ever be invited unless they need some new "big game" to run around out there as target practice. When is Stranger season again?

Oh, I forget your type enjoys labeling anyone whose opinion differs from yours as a troll, a terrible fan and a liar.

Seems my opinion of our recent carpetbagger turned out to be mostly correct. Please don't question my commitment to the Bears.

In the present, I'm an avid supporter of Dave Aranda and the fighting Baylor Bears. I hope you will join me in that effort.
Wineguy89
Stranger said:

Wineguy89 said:

Stranger said:

McCavebear said:

Stranger said:

Oh, I forget your type enjoys labeling anyone whose opinion differs from yours as a troll, a terrible fan and a liar.

Seems my opinion of our recent carpetbagger turned out to be mostly correct. Please don't question my commitment to the Bears.

In the present, I'm an avid supporter of Dave Aranda and the fighting Baylor Bears. I hope you will join me in that effort.

Glad you're on board with CDA, until you're not.

Ursus Americanus
Stranger said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Stranger said:

I'm sorry your personality doesn't include a sense of humor.
I beg to differ, I'm addressing a joke this very moment.
Stranger
Wineguy89 said:

Stranger said:

Wineguy89 said:

Stranger said:

McCavebear said:

Stranger said:

Like the great Grant Teaff once uttered,
"I Believe". Sic 'em!
william
loved his play - now let's see the encore.

- KKM

Wineguy89
Stranger said:

Wineguy89 said:

Stranger said:

Wineguy89 said:

Stranger said:

McCavebear said:

Stranger said:

Like the great Grant Teaff once uttered,
"I Believe". Sic 'em!

The world is coming off its axis tonight. You and I agree on some things.!!

Grant was indeed great. And yes, Sic Em CDA.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.