Football
Sponsored by

Denzel Mims had the best showing in 1-on-1's for the North Squad today.

4,440 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by boognish_bear
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Great Baylor Merchandise -> https://bit.ly/2M8DuHk
Big_Pumpin
Nice. He's soo good at using his hands to keep separation.
boognish_bear
BluesBear
I really want this guy to succeed at the next level. He's just a good all around individual. Love to see him become a Donald Driver type player with many years of success. Thanks for posting video
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
NeuroticBear
boognish_bear said:

I wish Denzel the best. He was a pleasure to watch at #WRU.

Hopefully, he can make his NFL dreams come true.
RegentCoverup
TrustTheProcess said:

I really want this guy to succeed at the next level. He's just a good all around individual. Love to see him become a Donald Driver type player with many years of success. Thanks for posting video
with the right QB, he can be better than Driver.
Timbear
It would be kinda cool if Lynch and Mims were drafted by the Panthers.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Timbear said:

It would be kinda cool if Lynch and Mims were drafted by the Panthers.

He's on the scene

boognish_bear
Iron Claw
One comment I saw on Twitter was that he catches everything. I wish he had caught everything when he was playing here. Maybe he's more focused now that it's getting really serious, money-wise. His physicality is a real asset, along with speed.

Certainly wish him the best. Look forward to seeing him on Sundays.
FKA tri it
EvilTroyAndAbed
Iron Claw said:

One comment I saw on Twitter was that he catches everything. I wish he had caught everything when he was playing here. Maybe he's more focused now that it's getting really serious, money-wise. His physicality is a real asset, along with speed.

Dude, seriously? If you want to pay a compliment, pay a compliment. Don't make it a backhanded compliment.
Iron Claw
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Iron Claw said:

Dude, seriously? If you want to pay a compliment, pay a compliment. Don't make it a backhanded compliment.

Dude!!! Yes, seriously.

Did you not watch him drop passes that were easily catchable? I hope he can be better at it and get paid big bucks. I'm sure he has something to prove at these practices. These scouts have no doubt watched game film on the guys they are interested in.

I knew I would draw criticism for the post. I can, and do, wish the best to all bears and still offer a bit of criticism. It's a fan site.
FKA tri it
EvilTroyAndAbed
It would be pretty funny to walk up to him after he wins a game for the Seahawks and say, "Great game today Denzel. I wish you were better at Baylor."
gobears20
Staff
gobears20
Staff
RegentCoverup
It's not surprising to anyone that's watched the last three years, this guy can go head to head with the best in this draft and come up with the ball.

I just wish we had been able to get him the ball more often. I don't know how people stopped him when they did.
boognish_bear
Interesting commentary....if true I wonder what accounts for that?

Is he just suddenly growing or was he underutilized by our OC? Or was it another casualty of our OL not being great and not allowing time for Denzel to finish a route?

RegentCoverup
I can kind of see the argument where coaches want to balance their attack, but plenty of coaches will tell you they don't care.
Iron Claw
boognish_bear said:

Is he just suddenly growing or was he underutilized by our OC? Or was it another casualty of our OL not being great and not allowing time for Denzel to finish a route?

Well, look here, EvilTroy.
FKA tri it
NeuroticBear
Iron Claw said:

boognish_bear said:

This post doesn't support your ******* comment like you think it does, moron.
CoachHBU2008
boognish_bear said:

These are the things that help with recruitment. Seeing our guys be very impressive with other prospects and having NFL guys gush about their development goes a long way. Would i love about this interview is that he is a willing blocker and special teams player. Something Rhule said would be key to their stock. We shall see. But don't think that high school guys don't hear these things and it not sway in their decision making. Maybe this will give some of them a pause in considering Baylor before taking a Blueshirt offer at Bama. I hope James gets drafted high. That Denzel is a day 2 pick and that we get as many guys as possible drafted. Sic'em!
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
RegentCoverup
I can't say I'd be nuts about sending him across the middle every play either.

And Mims certainly burned the hell out of every DB in man coverage when he had the chance.
boognish_bear
RegentCoverup
Probably need to give a nod to Frisman Jackson for this one.
gobears20
Staff
gobears20
Staff

gobears20
Staff
Backporch
Iron Claw said:

You're new to football.

Welcome!
Iron Claw
NeuroticBear said:

Iron Claw said:

boognish_bear said:

This post doesn't support your ******* comment like you think it does, moron.

It certainly does. I was addressing his inconsistency as this guy is.
FKA tri it
Iron Claw
Backporch said:

Iron Claw said:

You're new to football.

Welcome!

Not new to football, just calling it like it is. I think it's great that he is more consistent in these practices and looking really good. He is a good guy and hope makes tons of money playing a game.
FKA tri it
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.