Football
Sponsored by

Aranda on the recruiting trail

12,609 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BUBear24
CaliByWayOfKS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
boognish_bear said:

We were considered the favorites for both Collins and Umanmielen with the previous staff, but it seems Collins is all in on UT now.

Hopefully Aranda can get Umanmielen on board
jbbear
CaliByWayOfKS said:

boognish_bear said:

We were considered the favorites for both Collins and Umanmielen with the previous staff, but it seems Collins is all in on UT now.

We were never considered the favorite for Collins at any point. Princely was leaning our way but that changed when he didn't sign in December. Maybe Aranda can pull it off, but I'm not betting on it at this stage of the game.
CaliByWayOfKS
jbbear said:

CaliByWayOfKS said:

boognish_bear said:

We were never considered the favorite for Collins at any point. Princely was leaning our way but that changed when he didn't sign in December. Maybe Aranda can pull it off, but I'm not betting on it at this stage of the game.
The two other sites I belong to had us as favorites/co-favorites so I'll go with that. Hell even OU sites had it being Baylor and OU for him.

Being said we'll see how things shake up.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
CaliByWayOfKS said:

jbbear said:

CaliByWayOfKS said:

boognish_bear said:

The two other sites I belong to had us as favorites/co-favorites so I'll go with that. Hell even OU sites had it being Baylor and OU for him.

Collins was Texas/OU and then.......... Baylor
Bigkahunaww
Brian Ethridge said:

CaliByWayOfKS said:

jbbear said:

CaliByWayOfKS said:

boognish_bear said:

Collins was Texas/OU and then.......... Baylor

Any new word on QB Malik Hornsby ??

Is the new staff persuing him ??
Living the American dream in central Texas !
BUbackerinET
We in on any of them?
BUbackerinET
I heard somewhere that he was Arky bound, but also heard it was between us and them, and he was leaning us - don't think he has fully committed yet, guess we'll find out next Monday
BUBear24
CaliByWayOfKS said:

jbbear said:

CaliByWayOfKS said:

boognish_bear said:

I don't think I've ever seen Tim or kids at 247 say we're the favorites for either at any time, I have the same account name on both sites but I could be wrong.
Russell Gym
Kids sign to play for coaches, with a few exceptions. Our staff will build those relationships and the recruits will come.
ScottS
Think we can get Evans?
BUBear24
ScottS said:

Think we can get Evans?

He's a head case. It's a reason Georgia let him out of his LOI

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp-georgia/college/georgia/recruiting/zach-evans-struggles-to-find-a-landing-spot

No 5 talent struggles for a spot without being a problem first
PartyBear
How many slots do we actually have? Before Rhule left people were saying we only had 5 scholarships left and only had 14 for December hence why our recruiting ranking was low. Was that true?
BaylorLit 01
The transfer of Prince Pines and the early departures of Lynch and Arnold opened up 3 more spots. Unless we bring in transfers, there will be some unused spots in this class. Rhule set up the class to aim for a big finish to the class but his jump to the NFL killed that.

It is what it is - Rhule helped remake our image, stabilized the program, made the Baylor HC position more attractive, and helped us win 11 games in 2019. So yea, recruiting wasn't great this year but it's hard to be upset with the man.

Aranda has amassed a great staff with great recruiters, we should be back in the top half of the Big XII recruiting rankings next year.
ETXBear
Timbear said:

Who's the person on the far right?

boognish_bear
Jorkel
BaylorLit 01 said:

The transfer of Prince Pines and the early departures of Lynch and Arnold opened up 3 more spots. Unless we bring in transfers, there will be some unused spots in this class. Rhule set up the class to aim for a big finish to the class but his jump to the NFL killed that.

It is what it is - Rhule helped remake our image, stabilized the program, made the Baylor HC position more attractive, and helped us win 11 games in 2019. So yea, recruiting wasn't great this year but it's hard to be upset with the man.

Aranda has amassed a great staff with great recruiters, we should be back in the top half of the Big XII recruiting rankings next year.

We should be top 3 every year in the big 12 right? Everyone on here says we have the most fertile recruiting grounds, the tip top facilities in all of football.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Fedora getting out there

boognish_bear
Blazer-less

boognish_bear
Mattbu97
Any other news on recruits from this weekend? Seems quite besides the qb commit
boognish_bear
His twitter bio says he's a Virg Tech committ at QB

BUBear24
boognish_bear said:

His twitter bio says he's a Virg Tech committ at QB

Yes he is, was at one time a Bu lean but old staff dropped off him for some reason. 2021 kid
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.