Football
Sponsored by

Recruiting rankings for starters in 2020 Super Bowl

3,577 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 91Bear
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
By sheer numbers there are a lot more 2* and 3* players out there than 4*/5* recruits to help explain this a little bit....but still interesting to see

WorkHardPlayHard
That's pretty interesting, thanks for sharing!
DanaDane
What would be interesting would be to go back and pull up the star ratings from the NCAA championship game and compare them to the Super Bowl.
No Longer Gold
Isn't this like saying that there are more people that get their master degrees that had a 3.0 average in HS than those that had 4.0 in high school?

It sounds great, but the sheer fact that there are multiple times the amount of people that had a 3.0 average in HS than those that had a 4.0 makes the point moot unless you know the multiple to apply to the amount of recruits that had each star ranking.

I'd be willing to bet that there are more than 4x the amount of 3 star recruits than 5 star recruits....(4 vs 16 above)

Sounds like a liberal put that stat together.

Democrats have a real hard time figuring out the difference between percentages and integers.
Reverend
Thanks for the lecture but isn't that what the OP said in his first sentence?
Anyway, I find it interesting. I wonder how many 4 and 5 stars were in Alabama's O line last year?

MaduroUTMB
But the star rating is supposed to be a strong indicator of success "at the next level". This chart is like a list of Fortune 500 CEOs sorted by SAT score: a lot of folks who become very successful didn't show it in that one measure from high school. A 5* player is more likely than an unranked player to start in a Super Bowl, but that difference is likely far smaller than Rivals (or our own bias) would suggest.
BUmoneymaker
Swart Dra said:

Isn't this like saying that there are more people that get their master degrees that had a 3.0 average in HS than those that had 4.0 in high school?

It sounds great, but the sheer fact that there are multiple times the amount of people that had a 3.0 average in HS than those that had a 4.0 makes the point moot unless you know the multiple to apply to the amount of recruits that had each star ranking.

I'd be willing to bet that there are more than 4x the amount of 3 star recruits than 5 star recruits....(4 vs 16 above)

Democrats have a real hard time figuring out the difference between percentages and integers.

Possibly the most tarded post ever on 365. Take a post about one thing, the twist the intent and content to generate a wholly unrelated political slant. You must be great at barbeques... what a moronic post

Love the ignore option!

"I hope" -Red

"Apply yourself" -W.White

"Guys, who is Keyser Soze?" - K. Soze

"Tea. Earl Grey. Hot." -J.L. Picard
91Bear
Swart Dra said:

Apparently, conservatives have a hard time with reading comprehension.

And thanks for bringing politics into something that is entirely non-political, d-o-u-c-h-e-b-a-g.
Joined in 1999 as 91Bear. Proud Baylor alumnus. Computer Science, BUGWB, Drumline
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.