Football
Sponsored by

What attracts CDA's hires? Money? Faith?

2,794 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CNC
BearlyBeloved
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aranda is bringing hires not only from schools in lesser conferences but also from major programs (like SEC, SEC!).

For some it's a move to higher positions, but for others (like Thomas from the Aggies) it's a lateral move.

So which factors have the biggest appeal for those not getting a clearly superior slot in the organization chart?

• More money?
  • Baylor's faith mission (which I'm glad to see CDA cite as a major factor)?
  • Does CDA himself have such a superior reputation?

???

PartyBear
Money and probably CDA's reputation and contacts.
PestOso
First, coach Aranda and a belief in him and his vision. I don't know that Coach has even laid out a vision and i'm cool with that. Maybe he's the "I can tell you, or i can show you" type and these coaches know that so they are willing to jump on board.

Second, Baylor still hasnt reached its potential and maybe these guys see that. Be it location, new facilities, our success this past decade, whatever...we are trending up and some people want to be a part of that. We are one playoff appearance and a Super Bowl MVP BU alum from going viral. Hopefully we can get both of those soon!

Then the money. Its all about those Benjamins! Obviously its important but it also shows commitment from the AD and up.

At least these are the things that would get me moving if Aranda gave me a call.
Krieg
I'd imagine Aranda has a vision he's telling the hires. I don't know that Rhule had a clearly defined vision for the fans, either, and that's fine. Just win!
boognish_bear
I've been so impressed by his hiring moves so far. It's like he's assembling the college football Avengers.

Jacques Strap
I think the opportunity to wear a blazer or even a suit on a recruiting trip is the big draw.
BearlyBeloved
Jacques Strap said:

I think the opportunity to wear a blazer or even a suit on a recruiting trip is the big draw.
No hoodies??
Krieg
BearlyBeloved said:

Jacques Strap said:

No hoodies??

Only if they have sleeves.

You know, I never thought of this until now but Briles only wore long sleeves. Last season Rhule didn't wear sleeves at all on that hooded thing he wore. Maybe Aranda can split the difference and be normal?
Timbear
Where was this required statement of faith from any previous coach?
boognish_bear
Triple money

boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Haha

historian
BearlyBeloved said:

Well he was DC to 1 of only 2 cfb teams to finish 15-0 and which won the Natty this year. Some of the assistants he has brought on board apparently have reputations for accomplishing great things where they were before.

I guess we'll have to trust the process--even if CDA does not phrase it that way.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
BUJD92
BearlyBeloved said:

Aranda is bringing hires not only from schools in lesser conferences but also from major programs (like SEC, SEC!).

For some it's a move to higher positions, but for others (like Thomas from the Aggies) it's a lateral move.

So which factors have the biggest appeal for those not getting a clearly superior slot in the organization chart?

• More money?
  • Baylor's faith mission (which I'm glad to see CDA cite as a major factor)?

???

D. All of the above.
Jorkel
Money. More money. Most money. Aranda
Mitch Blood Green
I'd bet it's the relationship and money.
Timbear
They listen to the Baylor story because of a relationship which includes building a program with character and accountability, then the money.
DanaDane
Cold........................Hard...................Cash
OsoCoreyell
So, I do t want to overplay this, but something did start here about the way we recruit, the way we give back to the Texas High School Coaching Community, that we try to lead by emphasizing character in both coaching and players. To make that real, we have to be able to do those things and still be successful on the field. It's important. Think about how many lives are impacted when a high character coach gets involved with a team. Young men need this so much. It's not everything we were doing at all, but it was a focus, and I think it was being done sincerely. I really hope that is some of what is attracting folks.
Timbear
Rhule was hired to , if nothing else, restore Baylor's image, perception and reputation, and he did an amazing job. To do that, the football team had to be seen as good people first. That was never the case in the last 60 years. We had good citizen players, but it was not vital until Rhule, that they be seen as that through community service and good deeds, as a team, due to the scandal. We will need to continue that effort because even now, ESPN, grasping for straws in light of Baylor's current overall Athletic supremacy nationwide, still writes articles that throw shade at us.
CNC
Pappadeaux
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.