Football
Sponsored by

When will the NCAA wrist slap (or more) drop?

3,869 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Baylor3216
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Trying to figure out when they'd have maximum leverage for ESPN to divert from Michigan state, Ohio state and Texas tech sexual assault issues as they try to deflect to keep their coaches (sans MSU who finally did the right thing 4 years later).

What Texas tech is trying to get away with last year is shocking to say the least
Baylor187
As long as the process is taking, I'm guessing that they haven't found anywhere near the evidence that they thought they would.
Stranger
Baylor187 said:

As long as the process is taking, I'm guessing that they haven't found anywhere near the evidence that they thought they would.

If little Matty was still here, he'd tell you to trust the process
I'm a Bearbacker
canoso
Baylor187 said:

At least against Briles and or McCaw. Could they have uncovered things that caused them to pivot? Let's just say it won't surprise me if that turns out to be the case.
Griz
Stranger said:

Baylor187 said:

If little Matty was still here, he'd tell you to trust the process

Did you find this at www.oldwornoutRhulejokes.com? If you are gonna make a smart ass comment, it needs to be original and sort of humorous.
4yrletterbear
Little Matty comment shows one of two things...either you have a small brain or small hands with a corresponding small *****.
Yogi
Baylor187 said:

You don't need any evidence when you already have a warm body.

The public just wants to see a hanging - and Baylor will do.

"Smarter than the Average Bear."
The Banterer
I think we're likely in the clear. We fell on our sword without truly admitting wrongdoing. This means the NCAA would need to fight with us to enforce sanctions and they'd look like jerks in the process. I also get the impression that the NCAA wants to keep their distance from sexual assault stuff as much as possible. We've given them no reason to come after us other than the quick on-the-field turnaround.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
When it comes to sports, The University of Texas is losing and Baylor is thriving. It is time to worry. We have seen this movie before.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
DanaDane
I can't tell whether the people in this forum truly believe nothing is going to happen to us, or they're just saying that so they can come back after the NCAA verdict is announced to express their faux outrage after we get hammered with scholarship reductions and bowl ineligibility for multiple years.

Guess we'll find out soon.
Robert Wilson
Sooner the better. Let's get it over with - we are losing a lot from this past year's team.
aledocrow
I am a due process guy. When people get arrested and convicted in a court of law, then we have an idea how bad the problems are at these schools. Cover ups and payoffs count against the schools.
Accusations and speculations do not.

That is not to say Iam against everything Title 9. Victims need to have that voice and unfortunately there is not a good way for them to be heard. The media does not need to be our conscience or our prosecutor - just like in politics
Stranger
aledocrow said:

I am a due process guy. When people get arrested and convicted in a court of law, then we have an idea how bad the problems are at these schools. Cover ups and payoffs count against the schools.
Accusations and speculations do not.

That is not to say Iam against everything Title 9. Victims need to have that voice and unfortunately there is not a good way for them to be heard. The media does not need to be our conscience or our prosecutor - just like in politics

Two names should be remembered for gross negligence and ineptitude. Kenny Starr and Ian McCaw.

Art Briles should be remembered for just not paying attention and recruiting thugs.
I'm a Bearbacker
Keyser Soze
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

When it comes to sports, The University of Texas is losing and Baylor is thriving. It is time to worry. We have seen this movie before.
Just released

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Keyser Soze said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Just released

Chip Brown and Buddy Jones send their love.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.