Football
Sponsored by

Panthers officially release Cam Newton

3,282 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 9b1deb4d-3b7d-4bad-9bdd-2
BylrFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?

I say bullet dodge letting Rhule go as early as it was.
Timbear
What would it gain Rhule to outright lie like that?
Stranger
Some of you people just need to trust the ever-lovin' process.
I'm a Bearbacker
historian
Maybe Rhule wanted to coach Cam Newton but Cam Newton did not want to be coached by Rhule. We don't know all the details (& may never know).

It will be interesting to see how many Baylor players end up there.
Mitch Blood Green
My Bears made a trade for a far lesser QB giving up a fourth.
baylor1999
Matt Rhule speak strikes again
Gobearsone
Sorry, but if Rhule is talking, he is lying.
Iron Claw
Maybe Rhule ain't making the decisions.
FKA tri it
BluesBear
CAM was gone regardless of the new HC. He is close to a 20m salary cap hit if they didn't release him. That for a guy who can't stay healthy and hasn't done squat since the Super Bowl.
PartyBear
How many of you who say these things about Rhule were total Rhule apologist and attacked people with criticism of Rhule when he was here? Just curious.

It seems that folks who never realize this is all business even at Baylor, are now Rhule's biggest critics.
Stranger
PartyBear said:

How many of you who say these things about Rhule were total Rhule apologist and attacked people with criticism of Rhule when he was here? Just curious.

It seems that folks who never realize this is all business even at Baylor, are now Rhule's biggest critics.

That would not be my ownself. I was one of the fortunate few that sniffed out little Matty's phony b.s. from the beginning. It took some others a while to see the light.
I'm a Bearbacker
historian
Baylor ended the 2019-20 season 11-3. We played in the Big 12 championship game for the first time. We had one of the best years in program history. We even have plenty of reasons to be optimistic about this Fall. Coach Rhule deserves the credit for all of this, no one else. How is any of that a bad thing?
Timbear
No one can deny the truth of historian's post. Rhule earned his $ on the field, 11-3, and off, by restoring Baylor's reputation and perception.
Dia del DougO
Cam fell victim to The Process.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
GrowlTowel
Stranger said:

PartyBear said:

That would not be my ownself. I was one of the fortunate few that sniffed out little Matty's phony b.s. from the beginning. It took some others a while to see the light.
What was there to sniff? He interviewed with the Colts after a 1-11 season. Are you saying that you were sniffing prior to that?
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Stranger
GrowlTowel said:

Stranger said:

PartyBear said:

What was there to sniff? He interviewed with the Colts after a 1-11 season. Are you saying that you were sniffing prior to that?

I was skewered pretty good on this board by suggesting that he be run off after two games into his first season.
I'm a Bearbacker
GrowlTowel
Stranger said:

GrowlTowel said:

Stranger said:

PartyBear said:

I was skewered pretty good on this board by suggesting that he be run off after two games into his first season.

Okay. A good UTSA sniffing is your mark.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Ludwig von Missi
Stranger said:

GrowlTowel said:

Stranger said:

PartyBear said:

Wait, so you feel vindicated?

Do you honestly think our program would have been in better shape if we had fired Matt Rhule after 2 games vs him staying for 3 years and taking us to Sugar Bowl? That might be a new level of stupid...
Stranger
Crash Davis said:

Stranger said:

GrowlTowel said:

Stranger said:

PartyBear said:

Do you honestly think our program would have been in better shape if we had fired Matt Rhule after 2 games vs him staying for 3 years and taking us to Sugar Bowl? That might be a new level of stupid...

I didn't say that. You don't know me so don't pretend you know what I feel. I'm a lifelong Baylor fan and never thought little Matty had Baylor's best interest at heart. He's gone. Let it go.
I'm a Bearbacker
Ludwig von Missi
Stranger said:

Crash Davis said:

Stranger said:

GrowlTowel said:

Stranger said:

PartyBear said:

I didn't say that. You don't know me so don't pretend you know what I feel. I'm a lifelong Baylor fan and never thought little Matty had Baylor's best interest at heart. He's gone. Let it go.
Well then help me out. You brought up getting skewered on this board for suggesting Rhule should be fired 2 games into his tenure. I'm not sure what the point of bringing that up was unless you somehow feel that take looks good retrospectively...
PartyBear
There is some column in the Philly Inquirer defending Rhule's signing a bunch of ex Temple players. I didn't realize there was some controversy. I honestly don't follow the Panthers or anything close to details as to what Rhule is or has been doing since he left. I'm of the view that Rhule is the past and I didn't worship him while he was here. Therefore I don't know what Rhule has been doing since he left here.
Mitch Henessey
Stranger said:

Crash Davis said:

Stranger said:

GrowlTowel said:

Stranger said:

PartyBear said:

Let it go? Like you're some Disney princess or something?

You brought up how you're some bloodhound for...something. Disloyal coaches? Coaches who are looking to climb the ladder? It sure ain't bad coaches, because regardless of your feelings on him, Matt Rhule is a damn good ball coach.
Reverend
Rhule showed us he likes to tear down and then rebuild. I honestly understand why he wouldn't want to mess with with Cam Newton while he's in the "process."
Dia del DougO
Cam was already doing a good job of tearing down himself before Rhule took over.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
TechDawgMc
Dia del DougO said:

Cam was already doing a good job of tearing down himself before Rhule took over.
True enough.

It does bother me the way Rhule tends to talk out of both sides of his mouth, but I don't blame him at all for not wanting to mess with Cam--despite the risk that he could return and be very good again. The downside seems more likely than the upside.
McCavebear
Stranger said:

PartyBear said:

And many of us sniffed out your phony cow sht way back during the Baylor Fans forum days. You're as phony a as it gets.

You know NOTHING Aunt Bee. Especially when it comes to football.

You denigrated RG3 as a"flash in the pan."

You denigrated our program after he left saying that we would sink into mediocrity. We won back to back Big 12 Championships.

You were against the building of The McLane for crying out loud!

Poseur, gossipy old crone: thy name is Stranger.
McCavebear Lives!
Media Bear
Dia del DougO said:

Cam fell victim to The Process.
And age. Dude is about to be a hard 31 years old in May, as NFL gonna NFL on his body through his playing style. A much harder 31 than other QBs of similar age.
Hee-hee, hee. Hee-hee, hee. Woo! -- Michael Jackson
A buppa-ba-ba, buppa-buppa-ba. -- Paula Abdul
Say yah-yah-yah. Say yah-yah-yah. -- John Mellencamp
Ooh-ooh wee-oo ooh-ooh-ooh. Ooh-ooh wee-oo ooh-ooh-ooh. Ooh-ooh eh ooh. -- Mick Jagger/Rolling Stones
De do-do-do. De da-da-da. Is all I want to say to you. -- Sting (Gordon Sumner)/The Police
Ramidi ma-ma ba-di-ma, ramidi ma-ma ba-din-doe. -- David Draiman/Disturbed
C-c-c-c-come on. -- George Michael
BaylorRocks
#TrustTheProcess
9b1deb4d-3b7d-4bad-9bdd-2
Rhule is going to learn real quick that coaching isn't enough to win at the next level.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.