Football
Sponsored by

DougO's random Baylor football and sports pics

7,918 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by historian
Dia del DougO
How long do you want to ignore this user?

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Wichitabear
Dia del DougO said:

best yet!!!!!!
Dia del DougO

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Dia del DougO

Wichitabear
Grumpy said:

I love how the fans are dressed up in the '85 TCU game pics. As miserably hot as the early games could be, I do miss something of the Southern tradition Baylor had.
Many times sat in a nice dress. Hotter than ****! Guys were in suites.
Grumpy
Yep. I always wore a coat and tie. Hard to imagine now.
Dia del DougO

historian
When was that pig statue placed there? I don't remember ever seeing it & I know we have not played Arkansas in recent years. (Personally, I'd like to--we should be able to defeat them rather easily and it will make up for all the losses back in the day).
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Wichitabear
historian said:

When was that pig statue placed there? I don't remember ever seeing it & I know we have not played Arkansas in recent years. (Personally, I'd like to--we should be able to defeat them rather easily and it will make up for all the losses back in the day).
That has to be photo shopped. No hogs! Just Bears!
historian
Makes sense. I cannot imagine why anyone would do that.
Dia del DougO

Dia del DougO

Dia del DougO
Experimenting with in-camera slide dupes. Slides aren't dated, so maybe somebody can look up an exact date for UH at Baylor JJ era.

Zihuatanejo Bear

I don't think I have ever seen that angle before.
Very well done.
Zihuatanejo Bear

Austin was so frustrating. I couldn't understand why he was not dominating every game.
Then we found out he was a Marfan. Explained a lot.
MrGolfguy
Dia del DougO said:

Experimenting with in-camera slide dupes. Slides aren't dated, so maybe somebody can look up an exact date for UH at Baylor JJ era.

October 17, 1992
Bears won 29-23
Dia del DougO
MrGolfguy said:

Dia del DougO said:

October 17, 1992
Bears won 29-23
Thank you.

Dia del DougO
I like that uniform look, too. It's one of the best ever for Baylor football.
Wichitabear
Dia del DougO said:

I like that uniform look, too. It's one of the best ever for Baylor football.
I like it. It's us.
Dia del DougO

MrGolfguy
Dia del DougO said:

Funny that you posted a pic of the great Reggie Newhouse. Last couple days i've been thinking about really good players that played on really crappy teams - Reggie was one of the first i thought about.
Dia del DougO

Easter Sunday special, some pics of the real Baylor sports you've really been waiting for, a rugby match from a couple of years ago..

Dia del DougO

Dia del DougO

whitetrash
Dia del DougO said:

This pic is definitely from 1990. SMU traditionally had red horses on white helmets. When They came back from the death penalty they switched to blue horses on the helmet in 1989 and 1990. They switched back to red horses in 1991.

The UH pics on here may also be from 1990. IIRC, it was very bright and sunny at the 1990 UH game (31-15 loss) but a bit overcast at the 1992 game (29-23 win). JJJoe and Reggie Miller were both here in both seasons.
Michibear
Still no Baylor Quidditch pics? Sigh...

historian
We will get over it!
Dia del DougO

=
Wichitabear
Dia del DougO said:

=

So great at capturing the emotions. Excellent !
whitetrash
Dia del DougO said:

=

Alas, that was the game where Odyssey tried to do too much by herself and was one of only 2 home conference losses in the past 10 years.
Mr Tulip
Does Baylor have any remote cameras in the Ferrell Center?
Dia del DougO

Photoshop of a rough idea I had for a helmet decal a decade or so ago. It wouldn't work well on the opposite side, though.

I like that shade of green in the uniform and helmet.

Dia del DougO
Mr Tulip said:

Does Baylor have any remote cameras in the Ferrell Center?
I don't believe there are an permanent remote cameras. A TV network will sometimes put up a backboard camera for a game, that's all I know of.
Wichitabear
Dia del DougO said:

Photoshop of a rough idea I had for a helmet decal a decade or so ago. It wouldn't work well on the opposite side, though.

I like that shade of green in the uniform and helmet.

Me too!!! I love it. Thank you for posting this
Dia del DougO

Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.