Football
Sponsored by

DougO's random Baylor football and sports pics

7,766 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by historian
Dia del DougO
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Since there is a shortage of new Baylor sports topics to discuss during these times, I thought I would start up a little thread I have been thinking about for months. I'm going to occasionally post random photos I have take from Baylor past and present. It will be mostly football, because that is overwhelmingly what I have photographed over the decades, but I will sprinkle in some other sports and related photos as well. I might also throw in some photos of Baylor personalities from before and after their Baylor careers.

I will try to do these fairly often, maybe daily for a short while, a few at a time, maybe weekly, maybe monthly, depending on my bandwidth and motivation and viewer interest. It may very well peter out in a few days, we'll see. The photos I will be posting are already only my old website server so it should be fairy painless as long as I can find the correct links.

If you have something of your own that YOU have taken feel free to chip in. I would rather keep it to our OWN photos rather than outside media and published stuff so it doesn't get too bloated and repetitive with the same known photos.

So let's kick it off. I'll just leave this here for now and revisit later and see how it's going.

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
historian
great stuff! Thanks for sharing.
CorsicanaBear
We did indeed Flatten the Frogs on Homecoming, October 26, 1985 45-0.
Illigitimus non carborundum
historian
CorsicanaBear said:

We did indeed Flatten the Frogs on Homecoming, October 26, 1985 45-0.
Hoping 2020 Homecoming will be a repeat.
Grumpy
I love how the fans are dressed up in the '85 TCU game pics. As miserably hot as the early games could be, I do miss something of the Southern tradition Baylor had.
Dia del DougO
I wish I had more photos available of those days.That old film is tough to scan and look decent on the web.

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
historian
I loved the Homecoming 2014 pic: we've striped McLane several times but the first was far and above the best result.

The best memory from that game, however, was Andrew Billings:

"Hamburger, hamburger, hamburger." (old ODB podcast gag)
Dia del DougO

RegentCoverup
I don't have anything good, but here is Barry Switzer at a dog show.

If you think the dogs will hump anything, you should meet Switzer...

Dia del DougO

Dia del DougO

Dia del DougO

Wichitabear
Dia del DougO said:

Excellent
MrGolfguy
Nice pics of Jay Finley - always thought he was an under rated RB during his time here.
Dia del DougO
He had a few huge runs that day. I believe that was the long rain delay game that got Baylor in bowl eligible territory, great game, despite the delays.
historian
Dia del DougO said:

Are all these from the same game? Was this the 2010 K State game? Is #23 Anthony Moore?

Unfortunately, I never saw that game and I don't know of any means to see it.
Dia del DougO
historian said:

Dia del DougO said:

Are all these from the same game? Was this the 2010 K State game? Is #23 Anthony Moore?

Unfortunately, I never saw that game and I don't know of any means to see it.
It was this game, and 23 is Jay Finley:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=302960239

Dia del DougO

Dia del DougO

historian
Thanks.
Michibear
Dia del DougO said:

Best picture yet. All those faces looking like, "Poor fella gonna be buying a new camera!"
Dia del DougO
Michibear said:

Dia del DougO said:

Best picture yet. All those faces looking like, "Poor fella gonna be buying a new camera!"
I had forgotten about that one until I started going through my old files, an old favorite of mine.
Wichitabear
Ready for some more!
Dia del DougO

Dia del DougO

Wichitabear
Dia del DougO said:

Incredible pictures. Basketball.

Dia del DougO
Thanks you so much!

I actually got to photograph the last two home games this season, but my hoops skills are mighty rusty. I haven't gotten around to getting them edited down yet, but will post some at some point soon. Just don't blame the DougO curse for ending basketball season prematurely.
historian
No, the blame for that lands squarely on the incompetence & selfishness of the Chinese government. That's what we should expect from a totalitarian dictatorship.
Dia del DougO

historian
2013 was a special football season. I wish I had gone to all of those home games--and the shootout in Arlington.
Dia del DougO

historian
Last time I checked, we did get a win in 2017 and 7 in 2018. Better yet, we had 11 in 2019.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Dia del DougO

Wichitabear
Dia del DougO said:

thank you so much for doing this. Please keep feeding
MrGolfguy
The Legendary Phil Tran, almost forgot about that guy.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.