Football
Sponsored by

City of Waco to require use of face masks in all businesses, public spaces

10,175 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by gobears20
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Know it's football but in case you visit Waco

geewago
geewago
geewago said:

If this applies to customers too I think it's going to be rather hard to eat at a cafe with a face mask on. Guess they can just serve me their food through an IV.
Bearprof
So many snowflakes on this board moaning about wearing a mask. It's all about your Freedumb... No shirt, no shoes, no service in restaurants has been a community health mandate for decades, yet the MAGA crowd complains every time about face masks. Unreal.
GranGrizz65
What are considered public places? Pretty broad term.
Michibear
I'm good with this if it allows businesses to return to normal.
9b1deb4d-3b7d-4bad-9bdd-2
Michibear said:

I'm good with this if it allows businesses to return to normal.
are you negotiating with a virus now? lmao
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
cinque
We'll never get over this as a country because no one is in charge.
Make Racism Wrong Again
PartyBear
Probably next spring or summer we will begin to get over this.

Abbott is a complete tool. Completely afraid to do anything but seek praise from the bumbling crime lord in DC. Once again local leaders have to take more action in Texas than the state government and fed government to try to address the virus and hence try to keep the economy from collapsing more than it has and is
Mike E
Woodway has joined in and also issued this order now.
boognish_bear
TXWayne
Did a day trip to Waco and there seemed to be confusion about when it started. Signs on several stores said it was Wednesday the 26th. But it was now. Stopped by Brotherwell for a beer and you had to wear a mask to order at the bar but could take it off when you sat at the table to drink. We went outside and sat, a group of old boys from Corsicana stopped in and refused to wear a mask in to order so they stayed outside and someone from the bar came out to serve them. Sat and grumbled the whole time there.....
boognish_bear
Maybe it hasn't officially started yet

Jorkel
Isn't Covid a hoax to people in texas? From the outside looking in I feel like people in Texas think it's this phantom virus that if even if real, contracting it just gives you a sniffle and a sneeze. No big deal.
ImABearToo
Trump 2020.
“Life is short, eat desert first!”
Mike E
boognish_bear said:

Maybe it hasn't officially started yet

It hasn't. June 20th was just the date telling businesses they are required to develop a health and safety plan. Businesses have until the 24th to get their policies in place. That is when it officially starts. Several have started already and good for them, but it's not required yet.

As for bars, I saw True Love earlier post that any time you are not at a table you have to have the mask on. So there's that. I've seen a few restaurants with that same policy. The exemption is "when consuming food or drink" It looks like people are taking that as you have still wear them in the building, but can take them off at the table where you are presumably eating.

This is what the order says:

"e. Failure to develop, conspicuously place, and implement the Health and Safety Policy
required by this Order on or before 12:01 a.m. on June 24, 2020 may result in a fine not to
exceed $1,000.00. Each day on or after June 24, 2020 for which a Health and Safety Policy
is not developed, conspicuously placed, and implemented shall be a separate offense."
wuzzybear
PartyBear said:

Probably next spring or summer we will begin to get over this.

Abbott is a complete tool. Completely afraid to do anything but seek praise from the bumbling crime lord in DC. Once again local leaders have to take more action in Texas than the state government and fed government to try to address the virus and hence try to keep the economy from collapsing more than it has and is
Sorry, but by then it will be too late. See my post above. THIS IS THE REAL STORY OF WHAT IS GOING ON!!! The virus, racism, and whatever else they can weaponize will be done. I just pray that Lord God Almighty supernaturally intervenes as he has for His people of Israel over and over again throughout history. I don't fear any of this because of my faith, but I know there will be consequences. I just don't know when. So life as I live it just goes on. We are in a spiritual war that we cannot see!.
wuzzybear
I mean see my post on the COLORADO LINEBACKER thread! Sorry!!!
Mike E
And Hewitt has now joined in as well.
boognish_bear
This should be interesting....

boognish_bear
Damn it

gobears20
Staff
McLennan has 52 new cases today
boognish_bear
At least this is some good news in the middle of seeing hospitalizations going up

https://slate.com/technology/2020/06/covid-death-rate-declining-explained.html
historian
Mike E said:

"e. Failure to develop, conspicuously place, and implement the Health and Safety Policy
required by this Order on or before 12:01 a.m. on June 24, 2020 may result in a fine not to
exceed $1,000.00. Each day on or after June 24, 2020 for which a Health and Safety Policy
is not developed, conspicuously placed, and implemented shall be a separate offense."

Is this a law passed by the people's elected representatives (who therefore can be held accountable)? Or is this a ruling by some executive or bureaucrat who can hide behind whatever excuse he/she wants?

The Constitution is not suspended just because of a pandemic.

On the other hand, I understand the idea of social distancing and masks: even if they only slightly mitigate the risks of someone getting the virus, they have the potential to save some lives. It's not so much the customers or employees at a business at risk, but other people they will come in contact with eventually.

Full discosure: I usually don't wear a mask in public but I don't go out often and usually for only short periods. I will not wear one in a restaurant because that's just silly.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Stranger
Fourth of July festivities for Waco have been cancelled. However, a Juneteenth parade was held over the weekend and the mayor rode in tgg gg e parade. Double standard?
I'm a Bearbacker
Timbear
Of course it's a double standard. All aboard the PC train. Allow protesters, but not Church goers, too.
boognish_bear

boognish_bear
Edmond Bear

I'm guessing the masks are too hard people are the same prisses who refuse to wear yellow to football games because it doesn't go with anything.

boognish_bear
Glimmer of hope

boognish_bear

gobears20
Staff
50 more in McLennan today bringing the number to 421
blackie
boognish_bear said:

Abbott allows mayors and counties to limit outdoor gatherings to less than 100.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.