Football
Sponsored by

Texas linebacker Overshown to sit out until 'changes made'

3,423 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by RegentCoverup
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
BellCountyBear
Love it...hope they all sit out!
Timbear
What arrogance. Take his scholarship.
9b1deb4d-3b7d-4bad-9bdd-2
Timbear said:

What arrogance. Take his scholarship.
they aren't giving him a scholarship as a favor, lmao
Timbear
If he decides not to play, he should forfeit his scholarship.
gtownbear
These young athletes making threats over a coach wearing an OAN T-Shirt, causing the coach with no principles to gravel and apologize three or four times is ridiculous and dangerous. And UT can't play the eyes of Texas anymore because these spoiled brats throw a temper tantrum? This is pure madness.

We have corporations firing employees for having the audacity to say All Lives Matter, like that is offensive to these kids that know absolutely NOTHING about life. This assault on the rule of law, the bullying by the left, has exposed the education system for the indoctrination center it has become.

As these campus groups savage free speech rights and advocate for eliminating the second amendment, we are treading in dangerous territory. I pray for the country.

These rebel rousers need to be put back in their place with all force necessary. As for athletes, imagine where we are when football players threaten to transfer to another school over a damn T-Shirt. These 20-22 year olds cannot deal with something on a shirt? They refuse to listen to opposing views? Instead they call folks names and get mobs to bully those who disagree with these out of control punks.

I suggest we get back to the rule of law, and some sense of decency among us. We are traveling down a bad road.

L. Williams
gtownbear
These young athletes making threats over a coach wearing an OAN T-Shirt, causing the coach with no principles to gravel and apologize three or four times is ridiculous and dangerous. And UT can't play the eyes of Texas anymore because these spoiled brats throw a temper tantrum? This is pure madness.

We have corporations firing employees for having the audacity to say All Lives Matter, like that is offensive to these kids that know absolutely NOTHING about life. This assault on the rule of law, the bullying by the left, has exposed the education system for the indoctrination center it has become.

As these campus groups savage free speech rights and advocate for eliminating the second amendment, we are treading in dangerous territory. I pray for the country.

These rebel rousers need to be put back in their place with all force necessary. As for athletes, imagine where we are when football players threaten to transfer to another school over a damn T-Shirt. These 20-22 year olds cannot deal with something on a shirt? They refuse to listen to opposing views? Instead they call folks names and get mobs to bully those who disagree with these out of control punks.

I suggest we get back to the rule of law, and some sense of decency among us. We are traveling down a bad road.

L. Williams
gtownbear

L. Williams
gtownbear

L. Williams
gtownbear

L. Williams
gtownbear

L. Williams
gtownbear

L. Williams
gtownbear

L. Williams
Johnny Bear
You can say that again.

Well, maybe that isn't exactly the right thing to say, but anyway - I fully agree.
BUBBFAN
Me too.
RegentCoverup
Don't be offended by what people say if the primary medium is social media. There is a lesson in this, and that's it. We're living an age where asymmetric political agendas are given too much credit. This is a young kid that needs to shut up and learn.

a LONG time ago, I helped a colleague implement the first e-mail server. We knew it was world changing when we set up a directory of addresses, saving countless hours, putting the mail room out of business(ok, sort of) and connecting people like never before.

Guess what happened? It was an inferno of bad behavior from everyone to the CEO right down to the newest young employee hired. People said all sorts of wrong, offensive, ignorant things in email. Love letters, f' you's, threats, confessions. You name it. I know, because I had admin rights and ready every damned one. Then came the Corporate e-mail policy. And people stepped back a bit. But it was a lesson that people connect in the digital age and their feelings come out in ways that, later don't sound so good. This is just another iteration of the same game. People at a keyboard saying emotional s---.

The real goal of most of these outlandish claims and political requests is just that, to light up the screen and be sensational. All for the glory of....social media.

The net result is, a degradation of sincerity.

My go to tactic to stop a tirade is to demand immediate action. That usually tunes it out. And it's crazy to see it work.

If Texas, or any other university, gives in to these outlandish, asymmetric attempts to demand governance of it's university, it tells you that it's not as strong an institution as their ads want you to believe.
historian
Johnny Bear said:

You can say that again.

Well, maybe that isn't exactly the right thing to say, but anyway - I fully agree.
Once was enough, 8 times is too much. I agree completely but not with excessive repetition.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
la49king
this is a Baylor site right?
im happy Baylor doesnt have any issues that make our athletes feel uncomfortable.
Sicem!!!
historian
Whatever people said about CMR, he did inspire loyalty & unity in the team. Hopefully, Aranda can do the same. No doubt that was a factor on achieving 11 wins in 2019.
Porteroso
I fully support the type of change that will lessen the impact if racism, bug this guy needs to go ahead and make a choice. If it's worth not playing, to make a statement, I'm all for that. But don't refuse to play, and hope to have your spot whenever you've seen enough change. UT should look into changing anything that is detrimental to its students, and pull the scholarships of anyone violating the terms of the scholarships, it's that simple.
BUGWBBear
historian said:

Whatever people said about CMR, he did inspire loyalty & unity in the team. Hopefully, Aranda can do the same. No doubt that was a factor on achieving 11 wins in 2019.

The fact he knows how to spank Oklahoma shouldn't bring any doubts of loyalty. Will we get the chance is the $64k question.
IowaBear
He spanked OU with a roster 15 times as talented as Baylor's. No that's not a knock on the Bears but you can not compare those rosters... yet
historian
I hope we get to see Aranda's Bears spank OU repeatedly. It probably won't happen in 2020 (assuming we even play) but maybe in 2021 and beyond.

If my math is correct, our record against the Sooners is 3-24. I'd like to even the scales a bit although to be honest, we probably shouldn't count any of the records between CGT & CAB when Baylor had trouble beating anyone.
KAK
On the lighter side, I just thought it was funny that the picture of the UT guy is him missing a tackle as a KANSAS player runs by him!
historian
Never forget that Texas lost to Kansas in 2016!

Timbear
You can only say you've "spanked" another team when you've actually beaten them, not just played close. Let me see...can anyone remember the name of the only Football Coach in BAYLOR HISTORY to beat OU? And... HE DID IT 3 TIMES! Yes, you right...ART BRILES!
historian
And he spanked the Sooners 2 years in a row--2013-2014--the second time on their home field. In 2014, the Sooner defense was demonstrating in advance how social distancing works! (I got that from the ODB podcast guys).

Check out the instant replay at 3:17:

They did that all through the game:

45 unanswered points!
RegentCoverup
The comedy of that game is:

1) it's dead quiet in that stadium. By the end of the 3rd quarter, those loyal t-shirt purchasers had emptied out.

2) Stoops would have never stopped Briles.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.