Story Poster
Baylor Football Recruiting

BREAKING: High-profile linebacker from Louisiana picks Baylor over Ole Miss, Arkansas

July 4, 2020

It was a great holiday weekend for the Baylor coaching staff as the Bears landed commitment No. 17 for the 2021 class when Reserve (LA) East St. John High School linebacker Jackie Marshall‍ (6-2, 230) gave his verbal plege on the Fourth of July. 

2021 BAYLOR FOTBALL RECRUITING CLASS

Marshall chose Baylor over offers from Arkansas, Arizona, Miami, Colorado, Michigan State, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Ole Miss and Washington State among others.

The electric defensive playmaker tallied 82 tackles and 11.0 sacks while playing the outside linebacker position during his junior season. He helped lead East St. John High School to a 9-3 record and a playoff appearance.

At The Opening regional in March of 2019 as a sophomore, Marshall posted a 4.81-second 40-yard dash and a 30.7-inch vertical as a sophomore at 6’1.5, 230 pounds.

Marhsall projects go play the MLB spot for Dave Aranda’s defense.

Marshall joins Tyrone Brown‍ (Orange, TX/West Orange-Stark) as Baylor’s second linebacker commit in the 2021 class. He also becomes the fourth out-of-state pledge in the class and the first commit from Louisiana for the cycle. 

Discussion from...

BREAKING: High-profile linebacker from Louisiana picks Baylor over Ole Miss, Arkansas

8,947 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BUBear24
Johnny Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
More good recruiting news! I like that Aranda is having success recruiting bigger and potentially more physical linebackers without giving up speed.
jwoo15
Baylor's going to be good for awhile.
Baylor3216
Would be nice if we could Play football again
canoso
I'm really liking the fact we're once again seeing these kids' offer lists, and who's on them!
stillwaiting
Super stoked about this one. Reserve LA, only has 10,000 people and it has already sent us Tweety and Rico. We needed another LB recruit, and with 80 plus tackles as a pass rusher, kid might really be something in the middle.
Bearly watching
Sounds encouraging.
OsoCoreyell
Yay, we already beat Ole Miss!
BUbackerinET
Great pursuit, never quits, looks like a very good pickup!
Iron Claw
I don't know if y'all knew this, but Rico Gathers is from Reserve and he never lifted weights until he got to college. I wonder if Jackie has ever lifted weights?
FKA tri it
BUBear24
Iron Claw said:

I don't know if y'all knew this, but Rico Gathers is from Reserve and he never lifted weights until he got to college. I wonder if Jackie has ever lifted weights?
As was Tweety Carter. That's an awesome pipeline I'm glad to see Baylor continuing to work with.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.