Football
Sponsored by

Mahomes the highest paid athlete

1,243 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearlyBeloved
Chamberman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
10 year $450 million deal starting in 2022 season. Chiefs have him lined up for the next 12 seasons. His contract exceeds Mike Trouts, 12 year $426 million deal.

Good for Mahomes!
Kingdom Bear
Ok, all my investment minded Bear brothers. Congratulations, you've just been hired to invest Patrick Mahomes money for him for the duration of his contract. What do you do?
The Kingdoms of this world have become the Kingdoms of our God and of His Christ. ~Revelation 11:15. Stand. Repent. Build.
CHP Bear
GIFbear said:

Ok, all my investment minded Bear brothers. Congratulations, you've just been hired to invest Patrick Mahomes money for him for the duration of his contract. What do you do?
Start with the prenup.
BUbackerinET
Other reports have it at $503mm. In any event, and I never thought I would say such a thing, because I generally think all of them (all sports) are over-paid, but he may be the only one ever worth it...
No Longer Gold
You obviously haven't warched the titan games.

Pro athletes are insanely overpaid.
historian
Being MVP of the Super Bowl your first time there--especially in the dramatic fashion in which he did it--certainly helps.

I'm sure Kliff Kingsbury is proud of his protege.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
BluesBear
Good for him. Makes him the highest paid biracial QB in NFL history.

Kudos to his mom who raised him and encouraged him to stick with football even when he wanted to quit.
Texasjeremy
Just think, he was 13-16 (8-14 in Big 12 play) as a starter at Tech.
historian
And his only win over Baylor was our 2017 garbage year.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
guadalupeoso
I think the 503 million is if he meets all of his performance bonuses over the course of the contract. So it could potentially be worth 503 million
Aberzombie1892
Chamberman said:

10 year $450 million deal starting in 2022 season. Chiefs have him lined up for the next 12 seasons. His contract exceeds Mike Trouts, 12 year $426 million deal.

Good for Mahomes!
The contract is also somehow tied to the salary cap, so, regardless of what happens to the cap, he will never be less than a certain percentage.
bularry
Mahomes deal is 12 years, doubtful it plays out. $141m guaranteed, which is pretty nice.

My guess is he gets it redone after 5 years or so to get a higher annual rate, but who knows what will happen with the cap, etc.
BUbackerinET
Mostly grandparents...
Beaneater
3 years at tech, 1 bowl game (loss to lsu)
That Kliff Kingsbury is quite the coach

Love watching Mahomes play for the Chiefs, my team as a kid
Keyser Soze
All the respect in the world for PM. How the **** did KK win so few games, get fired, the hired as an NFL HC. One of the most baffling things ever.

Looking like Ryan Gosling helps, but come on.

BearlyBeloved
GIFbear said:

Invest in Gut-Paks???

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.