Football
Sponsored by

College Football Players Have Found Their Voice. Coaches Beware.

960 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jorkel
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Bless their hearts. Their fans may find their entertainment elsewhere.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
RegentCoverup
Yeah, the joe six pack fan isn't going to be comfortable feeling like he's barely a stakeholder in his government to attend a sporting event and be reminded that, a celebrity gets more say than he does.
BluesBear
It goes both ways fellas. If you want to start calling out Coaches then Fans should start calling out the behaviors of these "model" citizens. You don't like my shirt, well, I don't like the fact that you have had 3 kids with 3 different women.

Oh and let's not forget that Football provides a college education that most of them likely would never obtain on their own.

Oh and let's not forget that your outspoken behavior isn't going to go over well with NFL owners. Your potential suitor for employment.
ImwithBU
Please kids already get criticized for post and statements they make. Difference is one person brain is still developing and the other person is a full fledge adult.

What these institutions should be worried about is a wave of students saying **** the Baylor's of the world, I'm going to The Howard's and Gramblings. There is no college/pro sports without the players. NBA players get it, NFL players don't.
CorsicanaBear
Quote:

There is no college/pro sports without the players.
On the other hand, there is no college/pro sports if there is no or little demand for the product.

In another thread I noted that lack of revenue from football (TV, gate, etc) could crush many athletic departments, including some P5 programs. What I didn't mention is whether donors are going to want to continue to give for athletics if there is nothing happening on the field/gym. I find it hard to be charitable towards athletics when there are no games.
Illigitimus non carborundum
Jorkel
TrustTheProcess said:

It goes both ways fellas. If you want to start calling out Coaches then Fans should start calling out the behaviors of these "model" citizens. You don't like my shirt, well, I don't like the fact that you have had 3 kids with 3 different women.

Oh and let's not forget that Football provides a college education that most of them likely would never obtain on their own.

Oh and let's not forget that your outspoken behavior isn't going to go over well with NFL owners. Your potential suitor for employment.

Lol they just wouldn't go to a school that cost an arm and a leg if they didn't play football..it's actually quite cheap to get a degree outside of Baylor if they really wanted one. Millions of students go to school all the time without mommy and daddy paying for it or scholarships.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.