Football
Sponsored by

Senator Dick Blumenthal Says No College Sports

2,263 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Johnny Bear
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff

BellCountyBear
He's one of the wealthiest members of Congress. He should offer to defray the financial impact on all the colleges for cancelling football season.
Timbear
He can't control it, so he wants to cancel.
blackie
I don't think he has to control it. I think the colleges will come to the conclusion on their own or athletes will refuse to participate. The positive cases among athletes are piling up everywhere. The professionals are seeing it. I wouldn't count on anything, certainly not anything anyone can attend.
chorne68
He is a jerk...
BluesBear
**** you ! Dumb mother ****er. You should be shot and quartered for being a worthless piece of ***** How about doing your job and leave college sports alone.

IowaBear
TrustTheProcess said:

**** you ! Dumb mother ****er. You should be shot and quartered for being a worthless piece of ***** How about doing your job and leave college sports alone.

Seems a tad harsh
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
It does not really matter. Half of America does not want to go to work, send their kids to school, or send their kids to college. Looks like a whole lot of football players don't want to play football. Just shut it all down and stay at home on the couch and watch Netflix.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
historian
TrustTheProcess said:

Too many politicians think it is their job to interfere in everything else.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
atkron195
Not really. He is a piece of lying crap. Said he fought in Vietnam but actually he was never there. I was and it pisses me off. Would love to confront that SOB. Sorry for the rant.
IowaBear
atkron195 said:

Not really. He is a piece of lying crap. Said he fought in Vietnam but actually he was never there. I was and it pisses me off. Would love to confront that SOB. Sorry for the rant.

Because of that he needs shot? A lot of people doing a lot worse and getting way clean
atkron195
Not really but stolen valor is a federal crime. Ten years in the Supermax will do. Shooting him would be too fast.
IowaBear
atkron195 said:

Not really but stolen valor is a federal crime. Ten years in the Supermax will do. Shooting him would be too fast.

I think you both need to find a high level therapist
oorahpa
this is from the Senator who lied about serving in combat in Vietnam
John Heard

BluesBear
Sorry but enough of these guys. They are just plan EVIL. We are headed down the same road at the final days of the Roman Empire...buckle up.
Jack Bauer
Who the F asked this guy his thoughts about college football?
Thee University
Hanoi Dick.

5 draft deferrments

Blumenthal played a pivotal role in one of the biggest college athletics stories of the decade; expansion of the Atlantic Coast Conference and the departures of Boston College, Miami, and Virginia Tech from the Big East. He led efforts by the Big East football schools (Virginia Tech, Rutgers, Pittsburgh, and West Virginia) in legal proceedings against the Atlantic Coast Conference, the University of Miami and Boston College, accusing them of improper disclosure of confidential information and of conspiring to dismantle the Big East. According to Blumenthal, the case was pursued because "the future of the Big East Conference was at riskthe stakes huge for both state taxpayers and the university's good name. The suits cost the schools involved $2.2 million in the first four months of litigation. The lawsuit against the ACC was initially dismissed on jurisdictional grounds but was subsequently refiled. A declaratory judgment by the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts exonerated Boston College in the matter. Virginia Tech accepted an invitation from the ACC and withdrew from the suit to remove themselves from the awkward position of suing their new conference. An out-of-court settlement in the amount of $5 million was eventually reached, which included a $1 million exit fee that Boston College was required to pay the Big East under the league's constitution.

Some have speculated that the lawsuit was one of the biggest reasons that the University of Connecticut was not sought after by the ACC during their 2011 additions of then-Big East members Syracuse and Pittsburgh. UConn is currently a member of the less-lucrative American Athletic Conference, the successor to the original Big East.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
historian
By all appearances, Blumenthal is a typical politician: pond scum!
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Johnny Bear
historian said:

By all appearances, Blumenthal is a typical politician: pond scum!

I wish you wouldn't insult pond scum like that.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.