Football
Sponsored by

CMR's rookie NFL coaching year

16,998 Views | 159 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by boognish_bear
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sounds like CMR ball

Timbear
I like him as a Pro coach.
RegentCoverup
longtimebear said:

Coach Rhule took over a downtrodden program whose collective psyche had been drug through the mud and restored it's reputation and it's fans pride.

Yes, he left for millions of dollars......wouldn't you?
Good gosh you guys.
I actually get him leaving. He's probably the most overpaid coach in the NFL but I would take the cash, too. No lie here. And he proved someone not named Briles could win here. Outside of that, it was all about him. He really didn't leave us better off in my opinion. Snow left us with a great defense. He gets credit for that.
And Snow is/was a badass.

But Matt didn't want to recruit. That's a part of the job that he ignored.

Three things he needs to learn.

1. It says a lot about you when you take a job in Texas and then say in your first interview that you had no idea how hot it was in Texas. Lot of people missed that, but it spoke volumes the guy.

2. He was pursuing another job pretty much every day he was here. You can do that too, but f if anyone believes you when you talk about commitment.

3. Don't ever trash the people that have been here through Steele, Sloan, Bliss, etc. Our fans may *****, but we've been here and will still be here. The only difference between his logic and that of a hooker is the zeros behind the first number.
This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
Aliceinbubbleland
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

1. It says a lot about you when you take a job in Texas and then say in your first interview that you had no idea how hot it was in Texas. Lot of people missed that, but it spoke volumes the guy.

Perhaps he was speaking of months upon months but I can guarantee you it is a helluva lot hotter in NYC, Philly in August and early September. Most miserable hot weather I've been in year in and year out.
DanaDane
Matt Rhule is a talker, always has been, always will be. He's not someone who grew up "an ol' football coach". He's a preacher's kid certainly with football knowledge but more strength as a positive motivational speaker. And, he's intelligent. It's why all the media, NFL execs, college administrators and others always immediately love him. Whether he makes it as a NFL coach long-term? Who knows at this point. But, if he doesn't make it as a coach, he will quickly get hired into an executive position with a NFL organization, which according to some around him is where he ultimately wants to be. You will never see him coaching college football again. Rhule moves up, not down. He's already done the college football thing. And from pretty good sources, he HATED recruiting.
RegentCoverup
DanaDane said:

And, he's intelligent. Whether he makes it as a NFL coach long-term? Who knows at this point. But, if he doesn't make it as a coach, he will quickly get hired into an executive position with a NFL organization, which according to some around him is where he ultimately wants to be. You will never see him coaching college football again. Rhule moves up, not down. He's already done the college football thing. And from pretty good sources, he HATED recruiting.

1. Agree. Definitely not a dumb guy in a business with some of the dumbest people I've ever met.
2. With the cash he's getting paid, he's made it. He could work at Autozone from here on out and be ok. Literally, 24 more months and he's good. And credit him for this, he's ethical enough that he won't self-destruct with hookers and blow like oh, I dunno, half the NFL?
3. I knew when he wanted to bribe someone to do his recruiting, he wasn't confident and a believer in the long haul.
Aliceinbubbleland
Not a good day for Panthers. 35 yards total offense in the second half today.
boognish_bear
Aliceinbubbleland
Did aggy build that place?
Franklins
BearlyBeloved said:

Gobearsone said:

I don't watch pro football so just curious if he is wearing the sleeveless hoody thing.
CAB=long sleeves
CMR=no sleeves
CDA=???

nm
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Panthers fall to Broncos today to move to 4-9.

They finish with GB, Wash, and NO. So likely they will finish 4-12. Should have nice draft position.
historian
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

CMR had 3 good recruiting classes, including when he first arrived with very little time left. The amazing success of 2019 was largely with his recruits (Charlie Brewer, James Lynch, Tyquan Thornton, John Lovett, etc) and we still have lots of great players he recruited for us.

I don't know why people keep saying this (I've seen it elsewhere in other threads) when we have lots of talent, mostly recruited by CMR & his staff.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
boognish_bear
Panthers have currently improved their draft position to 4th. That's probably the best they can do....although Cincy just picked up their 3rd win tonight.
Stranger
You sumb**ches need to just trust little Matty's process.
I'm a Bearbacker
bear2be2
Stranger said:

You sumb**ches need to just trust little Matty's process.

When it works for the third consecutive time (in as many stops), you clowns are going to look dumb(er) for perpetuating this joke.
oso de esqui
When it works for the third consecutive time (in as many stops), you clowns are going to look dumb(er) for perpetuating this joke.

That may be very true, but so far he has only succeeded in getting his general manager fired.
Bears2Cane
oso de esqui said:

That may be very true, but so far he has only succeeded in getting his general manager fired.
Which is somehow better than his first year in Waco lol. Fact of the matter is that he inherited an already bad team in Carolina with a new QB and a sidelined superstar RB (who might just be the best player in the league). If CMC was healthy all year, the Panthers would probably be in the playoff discussion right now.
Green&GoldStandard
Bears2Canes said:

oso de esqui said:

Which is somehow better than his first year in Waco lol. Fact of the matter is that he inherited an already bad team in Carolina with a new QB and a sidelined superstar RB (who might just be the best player in the league). If CMC was healthy all year, the Panthers would probably be in the playoff discussion right now.

If my aunt had a (Gary) Patterson she would be my most hated uncle.
Bears2Cane
Green&GoldStandard said:

Bears2Canes said:

oso de esqui said:

If my aunt had a (Gary) Patterson she would be my most hated uncle.
What a horrifying image
boognish_bear

boognish_bear
lielabeaach
I decided not to consider certain highly-touted candidates that turn down interviews frequently, such as Josh McDaniels, Lincoln Riley, and Dabo Swinney, and I wasn't able to mention every worthy candidate! Honorable mentions include Todd Bowles, Joe Brady, Mike McDaniel, Greg Roman, and Jim Schwartz. With that said, here are ten head coaching candidates for 2021:

https://tutuapp.uno/ , https://9apps.ooo/ , https://showbox.kim/

boognish_bear
Cowboys fans hoping Rhule can beat Washington to keep playoff hopes alive....or if your are a Team Tank Cowboys fan Carolina winning could help the cowboys move in front of them in draft positioning.

Either way....go Panthers
boognish_bear
Guess McCarthy can send CMR a gift basket

Panthers move to 5-10 and are sitting in the 9th draft spot.
Timbear
Sorry to twist off in this thread, but I just saw an NFL ad with a player whose getting paid $M's and $M's talking about income inequality. What hypocrites these guys are. They are the poster children for income inequality, getting paid so much for playing a game while so many have lost jobs and businesses. The NFL players didn't go through any tough financial times this year unlike the majority of Americans. They could cut their income in half, give the rest toward job training and education for the disadvantaged, and still have a lifetime of wealth. Give me a break.
RegentCoverup
historian said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

CMR had 2 good recruiting classes,
Two. We paid him for three and a lot of the heavy lifting was done by McGuire for the first year..

And Mims, arguably our best player, was someone else's recruit.
bear2be2
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

historian said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

CMR had 2 good recruiting classes,
Two. We paid him for three and a lot of the heavy lifting was done by McGuire for the first year..

And Mims, arguably our best player, was someone else's recruit.
Rhule had four recruiting classes. He only inherited Jalen Pitre in the 2017 class and put together a group that led us (with the help of a few key holdovers) to an 11-win season by Year 3. Running down Matt Rhule and his accomplishments here is one of the stupidest things that occurs on this site. And there are many stupid things that happen here with frequency.

And just for accuracy's sake, the average recruit ranking on 247 for the past 10 years were as follows:

2012 -- 0.8548 (Briles)
2013 -- 0.8468 (Briles)
2014 -- 0.8539 (Briles)
2015 -- 0.8520 (Briles)
2016 -- 0.8603 (Briles)
2017 -- 0.8460 (Rhule + Pitre)
2018 -- 0.8677 (Rhule)
2019 -- 0.8595 (Rhule)
2020 -- 0.8553 (Rhule/Aranda)
2021 -- 0.8647 (Aranda)
RegentCoverup
Recruiting rankings.

That you cite that as evidence of anything, proves my point,
Reverend
Looks like we are headed for some Big 12 championships!
Green&GoldStandard
Reverend said:

Looks like we are headed for some Big 12 championships!
bear2be2
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Recruiting rankings.

Yes, your subjective and totally unbiased analysis is far more reliable.
RegentCoverup
bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Recruiting rankings.

If you think the performance of our offensive line was 'subjective' I might suggest actually watching the game.
PartyBear
I'm not sure why there are arguments about Rhule. He is the past. He was not as terrible as he appeared in 17 and is no where near as great as some among his cult following think. I suspect he would have ended up generally about a .500 coach here had he stayed, which in the modern world and with the money we put in now would not have been enough to stay here a real long time.
bear2be2
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Recruiting rankings.

If you think the performance of our offensive line was 'subjective' I might suggest actually watching the game.

What does that have to do with anything? A) No one has defended our offensive line play and B) no one has suggested our O-line recruiting has been particularly good.

But there are lots of reasons for the current state of our O-line, and blaming Rhule exclusively when he A) inherited a total **** show at that position and B) got much production out of it than what we saw this past year is beyond silly.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.