Football
Sponsored by

Review of Little Matty's NFL Debut

3,147 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Mothra
Stranger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://apnews.com/2af9c6a86b90e2aa9b63a23e24baff2e

Panthers' Rhule left pondering curious 4th-down play call
By STEVE REED
September 13, 2020

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) With the game on the line and needing a first down on fourth-and-inches to keep a potential winning drive alive, the Carolina Panthers on Sunday turned to. ... Alex Armah?

It was a curious decision by new offensive coordinator Joe Brady to say the least, particularly given All-Pro running back Christian McCaffrey was lined up a few feet behind the 255-yard fullback in the backfield. And McCaffrey was in the midst of a hugely productive second half against the Las Vegas Raiders.

Armah was stopped cold on the play and the Raiders took over on downs with 1:11 remaining, allowing them to escape Bank of America Stadium with a 34-30 victory and spoil Matt Rhule's coaching debut with the Panthers.
I'm a Bearbacker
Thee University

Screw that. I want a review of Lil Art's 3A game.

It's only been 1,574 days since he fired himself.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Stranger
Thee University said:

The Mount Vernon Tigers, playing in Don Meredith Stadium, are currently 3-0. And nobody pays them much notice.
I'm a Bearbacker
Thee University
Stranger said:

The Mount Vernon Tigers, playing in Don Meredith Stadium, are currently 3-0. And nobody pays them much notice.
Big game in 2 weeks versus 3-0 Rains. Rains is averaging 65 points per game and giving up 15. Should be a good one
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Robert Wilson
Thee University said:

Stranger said:

Big game in 2 weeks versus 3-0 Rains. Rains is averaging 65 points per game and giving up 15. Should be a good one
Hell that sounds fun. You wanna go?
Thee University
Robert Wilson said:

Thee University said:

Stranger said:

That's 650 miles round trip for me. I love good high school football but that is a little tough for me to pull off.

I may hop over to watch the Llano Yellowjackets or maybe the Evant Elks that weekend.
The Bear Minimum
Robert Wilson said:

Thee University said:

Stranger said:

Many high school are only allowing parents into the games. Also, you can probably stream it this year. Streaming high school football, the one good thing about 2020.
Robert Wilson
Thee University said:

Robert Wilson said:

Thee University said:

Stranger said:

That's 650 miles round trip for me. I love good high school football but that is a little tough for me to pull off.

I may hop over to watch the Llano Yellowjackets or maybe the Evant Elks that weekend.
Llano is kicking butt right now.
Robert Wilson
The Bear Minimum said:

Robert Wilson said:

Thee University said:

Stranger said:

Many high school are only allowing parents into the games. Also, you can probably stream it this year. Streaming high school football, the one good thing about 2020.
I hear you. I have gotten into a couple HS games on the road this year. Enforcement seems to be sporadic.

But I've also watched a few on youtube. That's an outstanding development if you love HS football (and I do).
jbbear
Stranger said:

Thee University said:

Because it's freak'n Mount Vernon. I live 10 minutes from Mt. Vernon and wouldn't waste my gas going to one of their games.
BUGWBBear
They didn't mention the Little Tykes Basketball Hoop on the sideline?
TechDawgMc
Some of you have mastered pettiness at a level that would make our current president proud
Media Bear
TechDawgMc said:

Some of you have mastered pettiness at a level that would make our current president proud
+ 1
Reverend
Omaha Pewitt was no 4 in state rankings. 41-14 Mt. Vernon.

Thee drop on over to Llano. They have dropped down a class and are kicking ass. Be sure to tell everyone who you are.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Reverend said:

Thee drop on over to Llano. They have dropped down a class and are kicking ass. Be sure to tell everyone who you are.
Y'all should have a beer together at Cooper's.
Timbear
Our current President was so petty that he wiped out ISIS and terrorists around the world to protect us.
Mothra
TechDawgMc said:

Sad thing is, although I agree with you, he's STILL better than Biden.
Thee University
Reverend said:

Llano Yellowjackets were not too friendly. Tough little players.

Marble Falls fans were the most ruthless but players were soft.

Its been 40+ years. Telling them who I am might get me 1/2 off cover at the Ramblin Rose or some time at the shuffleboard table at Fuzzy's Corner.

I'll go watch Llano. Burnet took it on the chin to my old Boerne Greyhounds Friday night. 7-31
Thee University
Brian Ethridge said:

Reverend said:

Just ate there last week. It is slipping a little bit but still good.
TechDawgMc
Timbear said:

Our current President was so petty that he wiped out ISIS and terrorists around the world to protect us.
That sounds like something Bill Clinton would say. He would defend his character by talking about things he had done too. It's confusing two very different issues.
Mothra
Kind of hard to take the high road when you're the party of infanticide.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Thee University said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Reverend said:

Last fall it was solid, but not top 10, but I wasn't passing by without stopping.
Robert Wilson
Brian Ethridge said:

Thee University said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Reverend said:

Last fall it was solid, but not top 10, but I wasn't passing by without stopping.
I eat there routinely. Still very good.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Robert Wilson said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Thee University said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Reverend said:

Without a doubt. Cooper's is traditional and great, but some of the others like Black's, Franklin, Hutchins, are better. I'm never going to say no to Cooper's when near Llano.

Hutchins on Tuesday
Thee University
It is sort of like the Bluebonnet Cafe in Marble Falls. Overrated but nostalgic.

The Houston & Dallas crowd flock there. It makes them feel countryfied.

Brian Ethridge
Staff
Thee University said:

It is sort of like the Bluebonnet Cafe in Marble Falls. Overrated but nostalgic.

The Houston & Dallas crowd flock there. It makes them feel countryfied.

Hell, Llano almost been bought up by Austin.
Robert Wilson
Brian Ethridge said:

Robert Wilson said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Thee University said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Reverend said:

Without a doubt. Cooper's is traditional and great, but some of the others like Black's, Franklin, Hutchins, are better. I'm never going to say no to Cooper's when near Llano.

Hutchins on Tuesday

Yeah, I don't know that it's top 10, but it's still very good and it's an original. The lines between top 10/20/50 are there, but they're thin. It's also nice to not be in Dallas or Austin proper so I still give a nod to the old originals in Lockhart, Taylor, Lexington, Llano, etc. Also nice that Waco now has 2 or 3 that you can throw in the mix with the big boys.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Robert Wilson said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Robert Wilson said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Thee University said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Reverend said:

Hutchins on Tuesday

Yeah, I don't know that it's top 10, but it's still very good and it's an original. The lines between top 10/20/50 are there, but they're thin. It's also nice to not be in Dallas or Austin proper so I still give a nod to the old originals in Lockhart, Taylor, Lexington, Llano, etc. Also nice that Waco now has 2 or 3 that you can throw in the mix with the big boys.
I have two top 20s within 5 miles of me and another 15 miles away. Not bad for this little area.
Mothra
Brian Ethridge said:

Robert Wilson said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Thee University said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Reverend said:

Hutchins on Tuesday

I don't think there's anything better than Black's, and I've been to them all.

Just my personal opinion.

Living in Austin, I am blessed to be surrounded by great BBQ. We tried Snow's recently, and it was right up there with the best. A bit of a drive east from Austin, but well worth it.
Thee University
Mothra said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Robert Wilson said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Thee University said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Reverend said:

Hutchins on Tuesday

Living in Austin, I am blessed to be surrounded by great BBQ. We tried Snow's recently, and it was right up there with the best. A bit of a drive east from Austin, but well worth it.
Back in the early 90's a couple of us were Spurs season ticket holders. On more than one occasion we would meet for lunch in Luling at the City Market. They had great BBQ back then. After lunch we would head over to Shiner and get there when the Hospitality Room opened up. We would drink free Shiner Bock until about 4:00 and then head back to San Antonio for the Spurs game.

Mr. Herbert Siems poured us beer for hours and we got to know some of the old Czech farmers that would come in with their tokens.

A few times we got to visit with Mr. Calvin Wallace (shown in pic below) and he would tell stories of delivering Shiner to small towns in Texas back in the 40's, 50's and 60's I believe.

Robert Wilson
Thee University said:

Mothra said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Robert Wilson said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Thee University said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Reverend said:

Hutchins on Tuesday

Back in the early 90's a couple of us were Spurs season ticket holders. On more than one occasion we would meet for lunch in Luling at the City Market. They had great BBQ back then. After lunch we would head over to Shiner and get there when the Hospitality Room opened up. We would drink free Shiner Bock until about 4:00 and then head back to San Antonio for the Spurs game.

Mr. Herbert Siems poured us beer for hours and we got to know some of the old Czech farmers that would come in with their tokens.

A few times we got to visit with Mr. Calvin Wallace (shown in pic below) and he would tell stories of delivering Shiner to small towns in Texas back in the 40's, 50's and 60's I believe.

I always hit Luling City Market if I'm in the vicinity and it's open.
Mothra
Thee University said:

Mothra said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Robert Wilson said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Thee University said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Reverend said:

Hutchins on Tuesday

Great story.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.