Football
Sponsored by

Coach O not upset that Dave Aranda left.

8,577 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by FLBear5630
BearnMS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Coach O used to be a neighbor of mine when he coached Ole Miss. I always kind of liked his brashness. He is one crazy coon-ass. At the time, his kids were young and all had dirt motorbikes. They would ride through our neighbors' yards causing ruts. The neighbors would yell at his boys. Coach O would then threatened to kick their ass. We had multiple neighbors with restraing orders against him.
pwactwac
Coach O is clearly a classy guy lol...smh

Bo and him were never going to last more than a yr, 2 tops. He can make the DC as the scapegoat but his issues there run a tad deeper. although that's just my take.
BBWCBear
Stranger said:

Only time will tell if hiring an LSU defensive coach who has never been a head coach will work out for Baylor.

Baylor did that once before with LSU defensive coach Bill Beall. Let's hope this hire will have better results.

I'm kinda sorta half joking, sarcastically, seriously saying his Maiden Voyage looks eerily familiar/identical. But, lightning, hopefully, won't strike twice.
BearnMS
old bear71
I'll take an average DC and a national championship over a great DC, a 5-5 season and giving up 137 points in the last 3 games. Orgeron clearly is defending his DC which is fine by me.
Mitch Henessey
old bear71 said:

I'll take an average DC and a national championship over a great DC, a 5-5 season and giving up 137 points in the last 3 games. Orgeron clearly is defending his DC which is fine by me.
I'm so confused by literally everything you just said here.
D. C. Bear
Stranger said:

Only time will tell if hiring an LSU defensive coach who has never been a head coach will work out for Baylor.

Baylor did that once before with LSU defensive coach Bill Beall. Let's hope this hire will have better results.

I'll take "stupid takes that did not age well for $500, Alex."
drahthaar
This entire thread derailed with "Bo Peli…..
Russell Gym
Russell Gym said:

Dick move.

Move, Dick
bear2be2
This was when I realized that Ed Orgeron wasn't really the lovable goof he was portrayed to be, and that he probably was just a jackass that got really lucky to have Joe Burrow, Joe Brady and Dave Aranda. His actions since have confirmed that conclusion.
Robert Wilson
bear2be2 said:

This was when I realized that Ed Orgeron wasn't really the lovable goof he was portrayed to be, and that he probably was just a jackass that got really lucky to have Joe Burrow, Joe Brady and Dave Aranda. His actions since have confirmed that conclusion.
Yep. Shame.
Amarillobear
ilbb990912
BearnMS said:

Coach O used to be a neighbor of mine when he coached Ole Miss. I always kind of liked his brashness. He is one crazy coon-ass. At the time, his kids were young and all had dirt motorbikes. They would ride through our neighbors' yards causing ruts. The neighbors would yell at his boys. Coach O would then threatened to kick their ass. We had multiple neighbors with restraing orders against him.
"my daddy can beat up your daddy" (in their case, probably so...)
Timbear
Stranger's post questioning Aranda was fair at the time, especially in light of the 2020 season. Stranger did say, "Time will tell", and fortunately for everyone, it has. Bringing up necro-posts (hindsight is 20/20) just limits different points of view.
Stefano DiMera
Yeah..but his foresight is NEVER 20-20...

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
D. C. Bear
Timbear said:

Stranger's post questioning Aranda was fair at the time, especially in light of the 2020 season. Stranger did say, "Time will tell", and fortunately for everyone, it has. Bringing up necro-posts (hindsight is 20/20) just limits different points of view.

Someone linked this thread in a newer post about LSU's coaching situation.

It was a stupid take at the time.
bear2be2
Stefano DiMera said:

Yeah..but his foresight is NEVER 20-20...

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
True. Being wrong is one thing. Staying wrong against overwhelming evidence is another. Stranger does a lot of both.
FLBear5630
ImABearToo said:

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Sounds like a style difference. The 3-4 vs 4-3 battle has been going on since the 70"s.

On one hand, I can see Oregeron (sp) preferring the 4-3 at a school like LSU. Typically, DL is the hardest position to recruit. Having to run a 4-3 means you need 6 t0 8 Playoff caliber DL to rotate, as well as true MLBs. That is a tough pull for any school south of the bluebloods and even some of them have trouble.

Aranda likes the 3-4, you can use less DL and the DL on the Nose doesn't have to be as mobile as a 4-3 DL. You can run a rotation of 5 - 6 DL with a 3-4. It is easier to find OLB types that fill roles and and ILBs that play one half of the field (basically). The 3-4 makes zone pass coverage easier and you have more options for pressure if he wants.

I think the key is that you can recruit for a top 3-4 unit at BU, I am not sure you can for a 4-3 on a consistent basis.

So, in my opinion it looks like CDA was a bad fit for Oregeron and what he wanted to do . Seems like BU is a better fit for CDA to run what he likes and be able to recruit for it. Because let's face it, pulling top DL is going to be a hard pull at BU. BU will have to develop them and those kids are easier to get to commit. BU may fit CDA's personality better. I hope his agent thinks that way and doesn't just see $$$...
Robert Wilson
That's a good analysis of pros and cons of an odd man front, but you're giving Coach O way too much credit. He was just mad Aranda left and is incapable of admitting it was going to hurt.
FLBear5630
Robert Wilson said:

That's a good analysis of pros and cons of an odd man front, but you're giving Coach O way too much credit. He was just mad Aranda left and is incapable of admitting it was going to hurt.
Or, it could be that. : )
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.