Football
Sponsored by

Contact Tracing

3,368 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Green&GoldStandard
CorsicanaBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The people who are implementing contract tracing really wanted to shut down everything and keep it shut down. They were unable to do that so they settled for something arbitrary that produces random shutdowns at unpredictable moments and is very nearly as disruptive. The upshot of a fully implemented contract tracing scheme would likely result in full shutdown, as it has with Baylor Football.

Quarentine sick people, not well people.
Illigitimus non carborundum
BaylorRocks
clubhi said:

zunooreo said:

longtimebear said:

Dnicknames said:

Jacques Strap said:

Multiple negative tests ignored in favor of contact tracing.

There are completely isolated test patients that are testing multiple negatives per day, and subsequently testing positive days later. That's in a controlled, isolated hospital test environment. We don't know why or how...yet.

Baylor is making the right call, even if we don't like it.
That's your opinion. It's not killing college age kids, is it? No it's not. If they get it, then so be it. Put them in a quarantine. Other wise a negative is a negative. Give me LIBERTY or give me COVID!
Less than 1% of the people stricken with COVID-19 have died. Of that 1%, 94% of that 1% had other pre-existing conditions of illness that they primarily died from. COVID may have only exasperated their primary condition of illness.

So, do the math. If every single one (100%) of the approximately 10,000 human beings that might have been in McLane Stadium today (fans, players, program staff, stadium workers, police, etc.) had constricted COVID-19 from being in the stadium ...... maybe 6 *might* ultimately die from COVID as long as those 6 had no other serious medical condition.

There was a far better chance that someone might die from heat stroke by playing the game today, or being in the stadium, than from dying from COVID-19.

People wear a mask because its the nice thing to do for others.....but let's get back to life again!
The thing with viruses is they are viral. The 10,000 would infect others and end up killing quite a few people
It makes me sad to hear that you let your life and beliefs be led by politicians and big business. Hope you can rise out of living in fear one day. Place it all in God's hands; you'll be much happier.

Sic'em
BaylorRocks
Green&GoldStandard said:

clubhi said:

zunooreo said:

longtimebear said:

Dnicknames said:

Jacques Strap said:

There are completely isolated test patients that are testing multiple negatives per day, and subsequently testing positive days later. That's in a controlled, isolated hospital test environment. We don't know why or how...yet.

That's your opinion. It's not killing college age kids, is it? No it's not. If they get it, then so be it. Put them in a quarantine. Other wise a negative is a negative. Give me LIBERTY or give me COVID!
Less than 1% of the people stricken with COVID-19 have died. Of that 1%, 94% of that 1% had other pre-existing conditions of illness that they primarily died from. COVID may have only exasperated their primary condition of illness.

So, do the math. If every single one (100%) of the approximately 10,000 human beings that might have been in McLane Stadium today (fans, players, program staff, stadium workers, police, etc.) had constricted COVID-19 from being in the stadium ...... maybe 6 *might* ultimately die from COVID as long as those 6 had no other serious medical condition.

There was a far better chance that someone might die from heat stroke by playing the game today, or being in the stadium, than from dying from COVID-19.

People wear a mask because its the nice thing to do for others.....but let's get back to life again!
The thing with viruses is they are viral. The 10,000 would infect others and end up killing quite a few people

Agreed
GGS, it makes me sad to hear that you too let your life and beliefs be led by politicians and big business. Hope you can rise out of living in fear one day. Place it all in God's hands; you'll be much happier.

Sic'em
Jacques Strap
After reading Colt's Sory it seems under the current rules a player could have three negative tests a week for each week of the entire season and yet remain ineligible for the entire season because of periodic "contact" with a different COVID positive person each week. Seems unbalanced in that positive tests are believed but multiple negative tests are dismissed outright.

Perhaps someoen can clarify.

All 77 false-positive NFL COVID-19 tests come back negative upon reruns

From Colt's story

Quote:

Several Baylor players that were set to miss the game did not receive a single positive test, and despite also receiving multiple negative tests in the same time frame, were not allowed to return to team activities because of regulations in place for contact tracing.

Big 12 programs are required to test athletes three times during game weeks to best monitor developing cases. Because of the league guideline in place, multiple Baylor players were set to miss the game against Houston despite the potential of having up to six negative COVID-19 tests over the last two weeks.
BUBBFAN
My daughter is an RN at a nursing home and twice been sent home and tested because of a low grade fever. Both times the test was negotive. Both times had to isolate for 14 days. Had the test been positive she could have returned in 10. Fever was gone next day and she is not paid for the days of isolation. Nuts.
Green&GoldStandard
zunooreo said:

Green&GoldStandard said:

clubhi said:

zunooreo said:

longtimebear said:

Dnicknames said:

Jacques Strap said:

Agreed
GGS, it makes me sad to hear that you too let your life and beliefs be led by politicians and big business. Hope you can rise out of living in fear one day. Place it all in God's hands; you'll be much happier.

Sic'em

You must have missed the part where I highlighted the word "few".
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.