Football
Sponsored by

Mt Vernon is 7-1

29,584 Views | 380 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TexasScientist
Osodecentx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lost last weekend
Porteroso
ty for the update?
Mitch Henessey
The year is 2036. All cars now drive themselves. Exxon-Mobil is the world's leading provider of wind and solar energy. The world is generally a better place, and people look forward to the future with optimism.

Meanwhile, in a dark corner of the internet, a sad group of Baylor fans pine for the glory days, 20 years in the past, under a coach who has long since retired from the sport, and is living out his remaining days in peace and solitude.
whitetrash
Mitch Henessey said:

The year is 2036. All cars now drive themselves. Exxon-Mobil is the world's leading provider of wind and solar energy. The world is generally a better place, and people look forward to the future with optimism.

Meanwhile, in a dark corner of the internet, a sad group of Baylor fans pine for the glory days, 20 years in the past, under a coach who has long since retired from the sport, and is living out his remaining days in peace and solitude, while the LHN continues to show Vince Young's win over USC 5-7 times a week.

FIFY. Ob-la-di, ob-la-da, life goes on.
DAC
Osodecentx said:

Lost last weekend

Wasn't it a 2 point game or something close?
Robert Wilson
Mitch Henessey said:

Meanwhile, in a dark corner of the internet, a sad group of Baylor fans pine for the glory days, 20 years in the past, under a coach who has long since retired from the sport, and is living out his remaining days in peace and solitude.
Would you take 16 years of Baylor football wallowing in self-imposed mediocrity or worse (imagine some Steele years sprinkled in) if the world was generally a better place and people looked forward to the future with optimism?
LIB,MR BEARS
whitetrash said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Meanwhile, in a dark corner of the internet, a sad group of Baylor fans pine for the glory days, 20 years in the past, under a coach who has long since retired from the sport, and is living out his remaining days in peace and solitude, while the LHN continues to show Vince Young's win over USC 5-7 times a week.

FIFY. Ob-la-di, ob-la-da, life goes on.

If this song gets stuck in my head when I only know one line, I'm coming after you.
LIB,MR BEARS
Robert Wilson said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Would you take 16 years of Baylor football wallowing in self-imposed mediocrity or worse (imagine some Steele years sprinkled in) if the world was generally a better place and people looked forward to the future with optimism?
so you're saying the world can be a better place without a winning BU football team? PFFFFTTTTTT!
Robert Wilson
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Robert Wilson said:

Mitch Henessey said:

so you're saying the world can be a better place without a winning BU football team? PFFFFTTTTTT!
This is kind of a fun mental exercise, but I have a feeling people don't want to play. I'm not sure I would answer the question.
oldbear69
Controversial 36 yd fg with no time left for the Winnsboro 30-28 win .. both teams ranked in top 10 ..
Thee University
But, but, but I shook Art's hand one time back in 2009. He and I are best friends. I'm in the 3 Mile Art Back-to Back-to-Back Briles Club. How dare you question collateral damage. I'm in the inner circle. He waved to me in 2012.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Thee University
oldbear69 said:

Controversial 36 yd fg with no time left for the Winnsboro win .. both teams ranked in top 10 ..
Kind of like a replay of the Cotton Bowl minus 21 point collapse?
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
BaylorHistory
oldbear69 said:

Controversial 36 yd fg with no time left for the Winnsboro 30-28 win .. both teams ranked in top 10 ..

So we should hire the Winnsboro coach then?
“People who live in glass houses...have to answer the door."
ImwithBU
Thee University said:

oldbear69 said:

Controversial 36 yd fg with no time left for the Winnsboro win .. both teams ranked in top 10 ..

Very fluke game. Offensive face mask. Kicker missing field goal at half. Crazy part is the blocked kick would have been a penalty on them, as the crack back block is now illegal
oldbear69
No, thee, more like the 21 pt collapse vs ou, that ur buddy , the jersey boy pulled off ,,,, selective memory again???
canoso
Mitch Henessey said:

Well, you're batting .500.
Thee University
oldbear69 said:

No, thee, more like the 21 pt collapse vs ou, that ur buddy , the jersey boy pulled off ,,,, selective memory again???
Sounds like somebody is upset.

I was talking about 21 points in only the 4th quarter collapse.
Osodecentx
oldbear69 said:

I don't denigrate Thee for his time playing at Baylor. This were mostly good years and we've all been through worse.

Thee got mad at Briles when Art couldn't remember his name and wouldn't listen to him about how fb should be played. He never forgave CAB
Aliceinbubbleland
BaylorHistory said:

oldbear69 said:

So we should hire the Winnsboro coach then?
Or the game clock official
Aliceinbubbleland
Thee University said:

oldbear69 said:

2-30
Timbear
Thee's Baylor team was a huge national embarrassment in the Cotton Bowl. Why would he criticize someone else?
REX
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Thee University said:

oldbear69 said:

2-30

You literally took the numbers off of my finger tip
2-30
241Bear

I was talking about 21 points in only the 4th quarter collapse.

TCU's D vs. BU in 2014?
LIB,MR BEARS
I am not a Thee fan but, we all need to remember what his generation of players did for BU, minus the Cotton Bowl and that embarrassment to Rice and maybe 1 or 2 others. Also, the inferiority complex he developed after always thinking his didn't stink only to wind up in the shadow of Mark Adickes for the rest of his life.
Thee University
Osodecentx said:

Thee got mad at Briles when Art couldn't remember his name and wouldn't listen to him about how fb should be played. He never forgave CAB
Good story. I only saw 3 Mile Art Back-to-Back-to-Back Briles twice in 8 years. Once at the Lettermen's Golf Tourney in 2008 and once in Atlanta at the 2012 South Regional Semis prior to the Duke or Xavier game. He had RG3 in tow and it was a handshake in a crowd deal. That's it.

At the Lettermen's golf outing I asked 3 Mile Art Back-to-Back-to-Back Briles if he remembered what he did the night he showed me around the U of H campus on my recruiting visit. He conveniently could not recall that night. No big deal.

I've never been one to cling to the robe of a coach.

What I have still not forgiven 3 Mile Art Back-to-Back-to-Back Briles for is needlessly and wrecklessly soiling the name of my Alma Mater by his gross mismanagement of the football program I helped make better and left in good standing!

When you helped build something up and someone comes in tears it down and leaves a sordid trail out of town, you tend to be a little bit more passionate about correcting revisionist historians.
jbbear
Timbear said:

Thee's Baylor team was a huge national embarrassment in the Cotton Bowl. Why would he criticize someone else?
You're an embarrassment every day on this site......
Thee University
LIB,MR BEARS said:

I am not a Thee fan but, we all need to remember what his generation of players did for BU, minus the Cotton Bowl and that embarrassment to Rice and maybe 1 or 2 others. Also, the inferiority complex he developed after always thinking his didn't stink only to wind up in the shadow of Mark Adickes for the rest of his life.

Mark Adickes????????

That's a first!!!!!! I actually laughed out loud. Mark is a great guy but I have to admit I've never even considered him as someone I tried to emulate.

Now, K.C. of K.C. & the Sunshine Band is a different story!

BUGWBBear
Osodecentx said:

Lost last weekend

Nice. There were 2 games Dave Campbell failed miserably to report on his site. Thanks for the clarification.
Osodecentx
Thee University said:

Mark Adickes????????

That's a first!!!!!! I actually laughed out loud. Mark is a great guy but I have to admit I've never even considered him as someone I tried to emulate.

Isn't he an orthopedic surgeon? Where?
Thee University
Osodecentx said:

Thee University said:

Mark Adickes????????

I think it might be at Mount Vernon but could be Bellmead.
Thee University
Osodecentx said:

Thee University said:

Mark Adickes????????

By the way..........how many screen names do you have now?
Reverend
Thee's best days are long, long gone. Yet he still lives in them. It's a symptom. Let it be. It will only get worse.
Thee University
Reverend said:

Thee's best days are long, long gone. Yet he still lives in them. It's a symptom. Let it be. It will only get worse.
Keep telling yourself that Rev! Are you kidding me? I have more fun every day I wake up and the day I don't wake up will be the best ever.

Football never was an overriding love of mine. While my teams are still in the record books and even I appear in there a few times individually, so what. It was 40 years ago. I wouldn't trade my life with anyone.

However, I will passionately protect those teams I played on and for that matter, ALL Baylor teams before and after. I will come down hard on those who brought or bring negativity upon a program I helped build. I will always point out where we could have done even better.

Baylor teams prior to 2010 accomplished so much with so little provided. Those are the teams I give a little extra to.

Osodecentx
Thee University said:

Osodecentx said:

Thee University said:

Mark Adickes????????

By the way..........how many screen names do you have now?
JonSnow
Amazing how consistent CAB is. Wherever he goes, he is a winner.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.