Football
Sponsored by

Mt Vernon is 7-1

29,580 Views | 380 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TexasScientist
Thee University
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Timbear said:

Hey, Lib, Thee isn't smart enough to actually talk X's and O's. He can't critic plays, formations and coaching moves. He's great at middle school name calling, though. Sad., O wait , I can't remember, did Thee play football?
It is critique.

Did you go to Baylor for a semester or two. I know you did not graduate.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Thee University
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Timbear said:

Hey, Lib, Thee isn't smart enough to actually talk X's and O's. He can't critic plays, formations and coaching moves. He's great at middle school name calling, though. Sad., O wait , I can't remember, did Thee play football?

and all he kept talking about
GLORY DAYS

They called it SEASONS of glory, not glory days. First 10 win season back when only 11 games were played.

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Timbear
Hey look, there's no question that Thee played on, and was a big part of one of the best Baylor teams ever, and Teaff's best team. Baylor football, sadly, is still looking for that illusive New Years Day Bowl win in the modern era since 1970 .
Thee University
zunooreo said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Timbear said:

and all he kept talking about
GLORY DAYS
Thee is nothing more than a crusty ex-jock antagonist that has never grown up out of his (self-proclaimed) college football glory days. He wants nothing more than for the bait here to argue with him. He has nothing else. I wish those that don't know, would stop propagating it/him by engaging him or re-quoting (") his crap and cluttering up my threads and S365 servers.

Sic'em
I know it is hard to learn the TRUTH about how coaches fire themselves.

You and your Bubble Boys are nothing more than idol worshippers unable to cope with the sad realities of the scandal. When will you learn that when you treat somebody or something like an idol, you often get burned?

I talk about some of the Top 10 Baylor teams of all time reserving most of my praise for BU teams that I did not even play for. I was a slightly above average player who played on one of the GREAT Baylor teams. I am here to remind you all that there was great collateral damage done to Baylor, her students, her alumni and others.

We are in Day 1,641 since the implosion was finally halted yet some of you are blatantly devaluing and denigrating Coach Aranda's work to re-build the program. As one who spent 8 years as a player at both the college and professional level, I am here to give you a dose of reality.

As to my cluttering up threads................I'm nowhere near as bad as you make it sound. You can't handle the truth. You spent too much time in the Bubble.

Robert Wilson
TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Timbear said:

Art was gone from the program. Baylor was 6-0, ranked in the top 10, then on Friday before the Tx game, our own BoR threw the team under the Bus in an unsubstantiated WSJ article. If Art hadn't been fired for no real reason as Murff testified recently, another possible Big 12 Title.
There was a real reason for firing. The BOR and administration needed a scape goat for their failings.

Correction: The BOR didn't need a scape goat, they just wanted one to deflect from their failures. At any other school CAB would still be coaching.

This has to be one of the most detached from reality statements ever made.

Few schools would have tossed Briles under the bus for the school's failure develop and implement an effective Title IX compliance policy and program. They didn't. They should have admitted their mistakes, made changes necessary to implement those changes and continued on. Good grief, that is exactly what they did.

That's what they should have done and kept Briles.
That's what schools that were not busy in-fighting with themselves and their president would have done.

We were so absurdly dysfunctional we had to go down the rabbit hole, then air our grievances in public.

We are like the married couple who can't keep from fighting in a public restaurant.
Keyser Soze
19/17/4

hell of a rabbit hole

Robert Wilson
Like any nasty family rumor-mill fight, you can follow Keyser Soze's message board tale of dastardly deeds, or you can just read the subsequent sworn deposition testimony of Baylor's BOR Chair, Ron Murff ...

"I can't say a specific rule Briles broke." - Ron Murff
Keyser Soze
Robert Wilson said:

Like any nasty family rumor-mill fight, you can follow Keyser Soze's message board tale of dastardly deeds, or you can just read the subsequent sworn deposition testimony of Baylor's BOR Chair, Ron Murff ...

"I can't say a specific (Title IX or SA reporting) rule Briles broke." - Ron Murff

context moron

There is a Mountain of other stuff
Robert Wilson
Keyser Soze said:

Robert Wilson said:

"I can't say a specific (Title IX or SA reporting) rule Briles broke." - Ron Murff

context moron

You spent months telling us he violated sexual assault related reporting rules on the volleyball incident. How many pages did those threads go?

This whole thing was an elective procedure. Some patients are happy with the results. Some are not. It shall remain so.
Keyser Soze
Robert Wilson said:

Keyser Soze said:

Robert Wilson said:

context moron

You spent months telling us he violated sexual assault related reporting rules on the volleyball incident. How many pages did those threads go?

This whole thing was an elective procedure. Some patients are happy with the results. Some are not. It shall remain so.
Many university employees have reporting responsibilities and if they learn of a reported sexual assault, they must share the report with the designated official on campus. In 2013, Athletic Department coaches and staff should have reported the incident to one of three places: the University's Title IX Coordinator (then the VP of Human Resources), Judicial Affairs, or the Baylor University Police Department, all of whom would have been in a position to assist the victim and take responsive action. While a victim may choose where or how to report a sexual assault, once informed of the report, athletics personnel may not exercise discretion to not report.

https://www.baylor.edu/thefacts/news.php?action=story&story=174834

Would sure like to see more than six seconds of a six hour deposition. We know Briles knew of this and it never got reported outside athletics. I know that was a Baylor rule, not sure if a T9 rule (no doubt it would violate the intent of T9)

So when I mention selling weed and academic fraud of Tevin Elliott you sure are quite as church mouse. Why?

Robert Wilson
Keyser Soze said:

Robert Wilson said:

Keyser Soze said:

Robert Wilson said:

context moron

Many university employees have reporting responsibilities and if they learn of a reported sexual assault, they must share the report with the designated official on campus. In 2013, Athletic Department coaches and staff should have reported the incident to one of three places: the University's Title IX Coordinator (then the VP of Human Resources), Judicial Affairs, or the Baylor University Police Department, all of whom would have been in a position to assist the victim and take responsive action. While a victim may choose where or how to report a sexual assault, once informed of the report, athletics personnel may not exercise discretion to not report.

Would sure like to see more than six seconds of a six hour deposition. We know Briles knew of this and it never got reported outside athletics. I know that was a Baylor rule, not sure if a T9 rule (no doubt it would violate the intent of T9)

So when I mention selling weed and academic fraud of Tevin Elliott you sure are quite as church mouse. Why?

Keyser, are you going to address that the sworn deposition testimony of the BOR contradicts your bell cow incident that you threw at us for months and months?

Or are you just going to cut and paste some crap off a website?

And if we can't believe you on that one, why should we believe you on anything?
Keyser Soze
Robert Wilson said:

Keyser Soze said:

Robert Wilson said:

Keyser Soze said:

Robert Wilson said:

context moron

Keyser, are you going to address that the sworn deposition testimony of the BOR contradicts your bell cow incident that you threw at us for months and months?

And if we can't believe you on that one, why should we believe you on anything?
bold. Can you provide the specific question being asked before that answer?

Why so quiet about academic fraud and selling weed?

Robert Wilson
Keyser Soze said:

Robert Wilson said:

Keyser Soze said:

Robert Wilson said:

Keyser Soze said:

Robert Wilson said:

context moron

And if we can't believe you on G one, why should we believe you on anything?
bold. Can you provide the specific question being asked before that answer?

Why so quiet about academic fraud and selling weed?
I'll just take yours. Good enough.

Here are some from another article.

Cannon asked Murff if Briles ever broke any rules or violated a university procedure when it came to his handling and reporting of assault allegations.
"No sir, not that I'm aware of," Murff said.
Cannon asked if Briles had concealed any information regarding sexual or domestic assaults by his players.
"No sir, not that I'm aware of," Murff said.

These are the gravamen of the entire scandal.

Unsurprising you just want to change the subject to other bright shiny objects. Simplicity is not your friend.
Keyser Soze
you are quoting Mac ***** not the transcript. I think much like the "exoneration letter" people may be leaving off the "reported directly to you" which makes all the difference in the world.

Can you not walk and chew gum? What do you think about the weed selling and academic fraud.
Timbear
Bottom line is that most of the lobster and shrimp eaters on the BoR , and the preachers and widows with no qualifications to run a Multi multi $M University except that they are somebody's friend, run Baylor. Instead of Established, proven Corporate leaders, and what's the ethnic diversity? Not much. Attorneys don't count.
LIB,MR BEARS
Keyser Soze said:

Robert Wilson said:

Keyser Soze said:

Robert Wilson said:

context moron

911 What's your emergency?

I'd like to report an accident at the corner of 12th and Speight.

Thank you sir. That has already been reported.

Yes, I know. The guy next to me said he called it in already. I think he's the volleyball coach at the school down the street.

Okay. Can I ask why you are also reporting it when you knew it was called in.

Well the rules say I should dismiss common sense. I should also not follow the steps of the Baylor COO who reported nothing for years.

Keyser Soze
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Keyser Soze said:

Robert Wilson said:

Keyser Soze said:

Robert Wilson said:

context moron

Yes, I know. The guy next to me said he called it in already. I think he's the volleyball coach at the school down the street.

Well the rules say I should dismiss common sense. I should also not follow the steps of the Baylor COO who reported nothing for years.

LIB,MR BEARS
Keyser Soze said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Keyser Soze said:

Robert Wilson said:

Keyser Soze said:

Robert Wilson said:

context moron

I never said Briles was perfect. I would have just asked that he had been held to the same standard you boy Reagan was held to all along or Reagan was held to the standard Briles was.

Using two different standards is the problem.

Reagan, got to a slap on the wrist by comparison. Didn't you/he?
Keyser Soze
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Keyser Soze said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Keyser Soze said:

Robert Wilson said:

Keyser Soze said:

Robert Wilson said:

context moron

I never said Briles was perfect. I would have just asked that he had been held to the same standard you boy Reagan was held to all along or Reagan was held to the standard Briles was.

Using two different standards is the problem.

Reagan, got to a slap on the wrist by comparison. Didn't you/he?

My boy? Please stop. Pleased RR is gone. I do think RR is a boogeyman of the teams Briles camp.

I think one of the more informative quotes about this came from the regent Gray. Paraphrasing - everyone failed, those terminated were primarily those that were not forthcoming about past events with PH investigators.

Robert Wilson
Keyser Soze said:

you are quoting Mac ***** not the transcript. I think much like the "exoneration letter" people may be leaving off the "reported directly to you" which makes all the difference in the world.

Can you not walk and chew gum? What do you think about the weed selling and academic fraud.
You spent years telling us he violated sexual assault reporting based on the bizarre volleyball player story, and now you've been contradicted by sworn BOR testimony reported in multiple outlets. But we are supposed to take all your other stuff as gospel?

And now you're back to relying on Baylor having written an intentionally misleading exoneration letter? Does it wear you out to spend so much time relying on spin, confusion, obfuscation, and bright shiny objects?

Tell us about the other magic beans you've got access to and we don't. You want to sell them to us. What's the price?
Keyser Soze

Baylor's letter was neither an exoneration or misleading - only those those that struggle with the English language and grammar had a problem.

Love to see that transcript. Where is it? serious question
Robert Wilson
Keyser Soze said:

Baylor's letter was neither an exoneration or misleading - only those those that struggle with the English language and grammar had a problem.

Love to see that transcript. Where is it? serious question
Is that your new magic bean? Post us the transcript, Keyser. I bet it's got a lot of good stuff in it.

I'm fine with the Murff Q&A you already gave us.
Osodecentx
I was interested in the Mount Vernon season. I'll start another thread.
Robert Wilson
Osodecentx said:

My apologies for the role I played in this pointless exercise.

Mount Vernon won a barn burner against West. The Trojans came from behind and almost pulled it out at the end, but Mount Vernon hung on. Great 3A playoff game.
Osodecentx
Robert Wilson said:

Osodecentx said:

Mount Vernon won a barn burner against West. The Trojans came from behind and almost pulled it out at the end, but Mount Vernon hung on. Great 3A playoff game.
Keyser is cinque when it comes to Briles. He is paid to post
ImABearToo
Please do. And you Briles haters, just take a few weeks off and spend time with family and friends (doubtful) and then troll an LSU site and tell them that based on what you've read in the media, coach O and anyone associated with the football program should be executed at sundown. Happy Thanksgiving!
“Life is short, eat desert first!”
Keyser Soze
Osodecentx said:

Robert Wilson said:

Osodecentx said:

Keyser is cinque when it comes to Briles. He is paid to post
No
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Osodecentx said:

Thank you for starting the other thread, even though it got deep sixed by the moderators. Not surprised.

I wish Art Briles and his boys from Mount Vernon the very best of luck. Hopefully he will lead them to a Championship. That is what he does.

Happy Thanksgiving to the Briles family.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Keyser Soze
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Keyser Soze said:

Robert Wilson said:

Keyser Soze said:

Robert Wilson said:

context moron

• In a voluntary statement on June 2, 2016 and a sworn affidavit on June 24, 2016, the victim's head coach again detailed his actions after learning of the gang rape allegation. His account was consistent with the account he provided to Baylor in the spring of 2016. In neither of the statements, nor in his interview, did the head coach state that he reported the alleged assault to Judicial Affairs. To the contrary, he expressed his great disappointment and frustration that he could not do more to help the student-athlete despite bringing the report to the attention of his sports administrator, the head football coach, and the Athletic Director.

How did I miss this? I don't hate Briles but I can't stand the false information constantly perpetuated by his loyal followers. That false information makes my school look bad (and they don't need your help for that). You no doubt believed what you wrote. I assume you had no idea that was blatantly wrong just like all the assistant coaches that tweeted this in the fall of 16.

Even Mac E repeated this in an article about a year ago. The article went live for about 24 hours. It was then taken down, edited to reflect not reported and republished.

So when the same Mac E is the source of new information I'm just a little skeptical. Not saying it is wrong, just prefer the original source (if someone would provide some links I would appreciate it)

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Keyser Soze said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Keyser Soze said:

Robert Wilson said:

Keyser Soze said:

Robert Wilson said:

context moron

• In a voluntary statement on June 2, 2016 and a sworn affidavit on June 24, 2016, the victim's head coach again detailed his actions after learning of the gang rape allegation. His account was consistent with the account he provided to Baylor in the spring of 2016. In neither of the statements, nor in his interview, did the head coach state that he reported the alleged assault to Judicial Affairs. To the contrary, he expressed his great disappointment and frustration that he could not do more to help the student-athlete despite bringing the report to the attention of his sports administrator, the head football coach, and the Athletic Director.

How did I miss this? I don't hate Briles but I can't stand the false information constantly perpetuated by his loyal followers. That false information makes my school look bad (and they don't need your help for that). You no doubt believed what you wrote. I assume you had no idea that was blatantly wrong just like all the assistant coaches that tweeted this in the fall of 16.

Even Mac E repeated this in an article about a year ago. The article went live for about 24 hours. It was then taken down, edited to reflect not reported and republished.

So when the same Mac E is the source of new information I'm just a little skeptical. Not saying it is wrong, just prefer the original source (if someone would provide some links I would appreciate it)

Go Mount Vernon and Art Briles! Win a state championship!

Go Baylor and Coach Aranda! Win another game!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Keyser Soze
Agree. Gave you a star
Robert Wilson
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Go Mount Vernon and Art Briles! Win a state championship!

Go Baylor and Coach Aranda! Win another game!
I agree with all that, though I did have a soft spot for the West Trojans last week.

I don't think Mount Vernon has the horses to run the table, but this has been a very good season for them.
LIB,MR BEARS
Keyser Soze said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Keyser Soze said:

Robert Wilson said:

Keyser Soze said:

Robert Wilson said:

context moron

it was reported to the AD. This type Info is reported up the chain, not down.
Keyser Soze
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Keyser Soze said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Keyser Soze said:

Robert Wilson said:

Keyser Soze said:

Robert Wilson said:

context moron

It was not reported outside athletics. There was an obligation to do that. We also know that Briles and the AD colluded not to inform the university on other issues (see text messages).

It is my understanding that assistant coach may report to the HC or AD and that satisfies their obligations. The HC and AD are obligated to make sure report goes outside Athletics.

A mature response to me would have been, "thanks, I didn't realize I had it wrong". You just moved on from spin cycle A to spin cycle B -

LIB,MR BEARS
Keyser Soze said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Keyser Soze said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Keyser Soze said:

Robert Wilson said:

Keyser Soze said:

Robert Wilson said:

context moron

It was not reported outside athletics. There was an obligation to do that. We also know that Briles and the AD colluded not to inform the university on other issues (see text messages).

It is my understanding that assistant coach may report to the HC or AD and that satisfies their obligations. The HC and AD are obligated to make sure report goes outside Athletics.

A mature response to me would have been, "thanks, I didn't realize I had it wrong". You just moved on from spin cycle A to spin cycle B -

Now you're the thought police? BU may have another position open for you

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.