Football
Sponsored by

Mt Vernon is 7-1

28,964 Views | 380 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TexasScientist
curtpenn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thee University said:

TexasScientist said:

Wasn't Martin the jock dorm at one time?
I think it was but it was prior to my arrival in '77. The athletic dining hall (if you could call it that) was in the basement of Martin while Brooks was the athlete dorm.

Martin was the athletic dorm when I got to Baylor in '73. Lived across the street in Penland my freshman year.
TexasScientist
RR/BV said:

I can't recall any grown man whipping Phil's ass, that's all.
I don't know of anyone who ever whipped Phil's azz. When was a freshman in line in the athletic dinning haul, a senior defensive back stepped in front of him in line telling him freshmen give way to seniors, and Phil decked him, so the story goes. He was know for fighting at the drop of a hat in high school and college.
“It is impossible to get a man to understand something if his livelihood depends on him not understanding.” ~ Upton Sinclair
Osodecentx
TexasScientist said:

RR/BV said:

I don't know of anyone who ever whipped Phil's azz. When was a freshman in line in the athletic dinning haul, a senior defensive back stepped in front of him in line telling him freshmen give way to seniors, and Phil decked him, so the story goes. He was know for fighting at the drop of a hat in high school and college.
Phil who?
TexasScientist
Osodecentx said:

TexasScientist said:

RR/BV said:

Phil who?
The guy sicem365 interviews live and braodcasts every week regarding Baylor's previous game and upcoming game. You should listen and get your money's worth for your premium subscription.
“It is impossible to get a man to understand something if his livelihood depends on him not understanding.” ~ Upton Sinclair
chorne68
curtpenn said:

Thee University said:

TexasScientist said:

I think it was but it was prior to my arrival in '77. The athletic dining hall (if you could call it that) was in the basement of Martin while Brooks was the athlete dorm.

Martin was the athletic dorm when I got to Baylor in '73. Lived across the street in Penland my freshman year.
It was the athletic dorm in 1964.
Osodecentx
TexasScientist said:

Osodecentx said:

TexasScientist said:

RR/BV said:

Phil who?
The guy sicem365 interviews live and braodcasts every week regarding Baylor's previous game and upcoming game. You should listen and get your money's worth for your premium subscription.
I might, but I'm giving Baylor football a break (since 2014)
What is Phil's last name?

TexasScientist
Osodecentx said:

TexasScientist said:

Osodecentx said:

TexasScientist said:

RR/BV said:

Phil who?

Phil who tried to hold the team together in 2016 Bennett. Good idea on the break.
Osodecentx
TexasScientist said:

Osodecentx said:

TexasScientist said:

Osodecentx said:

TexasScientist said:

RR/BV said:

Phil who?

Phil who tried to hold the team together in 2016 Bennett. Good idea on the break.
Thanks
He did a good job for us
The break doesn't help much ...
PartyBear
Bennett did a good job for us and is a classy human being. It is classy that despite everything he gives commentary about our games to alums.
Thee University
PartyBear said:

Bennett did a good job for us and is a classy human being. It is classy that despite everything he gives commentary about our games to alums.
Even I will admit that yes, he has shown some love to Baylor. A lot for being an Aggie.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
TexasScientist
Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

Even I will admit that yes, he has shown some love to Baylor. A lot for being an Aggie.
For an Aggie he's a pretty good guy.
Robert Wilson
PartyBear said:

Yeah, that is very cool, especially after all that went on around here.
ImABearToo
Nice win for Mt Vernon over Gladewater tonight 51-43. Moving along.
“Life is short, eat desert first!”
Timbear
Awesome night for anyone who likes to be entertained by O football. As stated, Art won a playoff game tonight 51-43. The 29 point 2nd Q was the difference. We had that.
Reverend
Yep,
BUGWBBear
chorne68 said:

curtpenn said:

Thee University said:

TexasScientist said:

It was the athletic dorm in 1964.

It was in 1982-1986 as well. They had the dining room for em. Lot of em stayed in Brooks as well.
BUGWBBear
Oh, and CAB is 9-2 now, or 8-2, depending on the reliability of Dave's Texas Football app. They beat Gladewater.
TexasScientist
Timbear said:

Awesome night for anyone who likes to be entertained by O football. As stated, Art won a playoff game tonight 51-43. The 29 point 2nd Q was the difference. We had that.
Yep. We did. No longer thanks to the BOR.
gobears20
Staff
Aliceinbubbleland
Seeing this makes me so proud of Art and so sad for us.
Timbear
On a different note, Liberty is 8-0 after winning 58-14 today.
oldbear69
love this guy, hugh freeze, couldnt carry art's playbook...geez, how did we get the beall clone?...wake me up, please...
True Grit
Central Texas High School football connection here...

Coach Briles and Mt. Vernon will play the West Trojans this Friday night, November 20, at 7:00 PM at Rockwall.
oldbear69
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Seeing this makes me so proud of Art and so sad for us.
alice, i take it back, you're not a moron...
George Truett
Mitch Henessey said:

The year is 2036. All cars now drive themselves. Exxon-Mobil is the world's leading provider of wind and solar energy. The world is generally a better place, and people look forward to the future with optimism.

Meanwhile, in a dark corner of the internet, a sad group of Baylor fans pine for the glory days, 20 years in the past, under a coach who has long since retired from the sport, and is living out his remaining days in peace and solitude.
Best post in this thread.
Aliceinbubbleland
So George, you applaud 20 years in the wilderness again? Sad. Really really sad.
oldbear69
Mitch Henessey said:

The year is 2036. All cars now drive themselves. Exxon-Mobil is the world's leading provider of wind and solar energy. The world is generally a better place, and people look forward to the future with optimism.

Meanwhile, in a dark corner of the internet, a sad group of Baylor fans pine for the glory days, 20 years in the past, under a coach who has long since retired from the sport, and is living out his remaining days in peace and solitude.
you forgot to mention, in 2036,,, aoc and the squad will be in complete control and good old baylor will be a nice small bible college, playing hardin simmons, mcmurray and angelo state, with an occasional big game day with liberty...and yes there will still be a small group of baylor fans that will still meet for lunch at the local dairy queen and pine for the glory days....can i get an amen brother,,,,,,
Aliceinbubbleland
**** yeah!
Robert Wilson
oldbear69 said:

Mitch Henessey said:

you forgot to mention, in 2036,,, aoc and the squad will be in complete control and good old baylor will be a nice small bible college, playing hardin simmons, mcmurray and angelo state, with an occasional big game day with liberty...and yes there will still be a small group of baylor fans that will still meet for lunch at the local dairy queen and pine for the glory days....can i get an amen brother,,,,,,

I'll have a belt buster with cheese
TexasScientist
oldbear69 said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Except if you continue to eat at the DQ you likely won't live another 20 years.
ImABearToo
Mt Vernon up 31-7 over West, fourth quarter.
william
ImABearToo said:

quarterfinals next???

good job, CAB!

- KKM

Dale?
Osodecentx
ImABearToo said:

Thanks for the update
ImABearToo
31-14, 4:34 to go.
Bauctalk
Mt Vernon up 24-14 with 1:30 left West on MV 16 yd line.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.